Google’s Loretta ad is ahead of the pack among Super Bowl ads released so far, according to programmatic marketplace Unruly. The tearjerker about a widower remembering his late wife is impacting viewers with 49% emotional intensity, 49% brand favorability and 46% purchase intent. The study leverages UnrulyEQ to measure the dominant emotional reactions and to track business metrics including brand recall, favorability and purchase intent.
Loretta’s UnrulyEQ score is strongest at 6.5. A sample of others topping the list includes:
- Cheetos – UnrulyEQ score is 6.1. Purchase intent of 56%
- New York Life Insurance – UnrulyEQ score is 6.0. 48% of viewers are interested in finding out more
- Hyundai – UnrulyEQ score is 5.5. Brand favorability of 48%
The initial Super Bowl ad losers are made up of:
- Audi – UnrulyEQ score is 4.1. Purchase intent of 32%
- Pepsi – UnrulyEQ score is 4.2. Purchase intent of 37%
- Pringles – UnrulyEQ score is 4.2. Brand favorability of 27%
Let the game begin!