A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM DISNEY MEDIA ADVERTISING SALES AND MARKETING GROUP
The hottest ticket in town for reaching moms
Disney Channel: Top Ten Network in Primetime for Women 18-49 with Kids 2-11
Radio Disney: 28% of Radio Disney listeners are Women 18+ with Kids 2-11
Disney Online: #1 Community Family Site for Women 18-49 with Kids
Family Fun & Wondertime: Best Concentration of Women 18-49 with Kids 2-11 in Print
For more information, please contact: Tricia Wilber 212-782-0600
Source: Nielsen (NPOWER), 1/1/07-3/25/07-Prime-M-Su 7p-12a AA% Ranking Live+SD; SRI/Knowledge Networks Custom Study; comScore Media Metrix 2.0, Feb ’07-W18-49 w/Kids in the Household; MRI Fall 2006, Women 18-49-FF #1, WT#2, Publishers estimate for Wondertime
Good morning, it’s Friday, April 6, 2007 and this is your first early morning briefing.
Joel Cheatwood is getting a change of venue – he’s moving from CNN as Executive Director/Programming and Talent Development to Fox News as VP/Development, dedicating time to both Fox News Channel and the not yet launched Fox Business Channel. He will report to Roger Ailes and the heads of programming for both cable networks. Cheatwood is credited with sculpting CNN’s primetime success slate with shows such as Glenn Beck and Showbiz Tonight, as well as overseeing the launch of Nancy Grace.
Style Network: Instant Beauty Pageant at 10p
MSNBC will take an inside look into a NY modeling agency with its new six part series Models NYC. The documentary series follows the professional and private lives of a dozen New York models and their agents. The first episode is scheduled for April 16 at 10p, and airing consecutive Mondays thereafter at 11p.
Superstation WGN has acquired the sketch comedy Chapelle’s Show beginning this fall for a two-year run airing in late fringe. Chapelle’s Show, distributed by MGM, will join a late night comedy block on Superstation WGN that includes Reno 911, Scrubs, Becker and Corner Gas.
GSN, in partnership with WPT Enterprises, Inc., will air Season VI of the World Poker Tour (WPT) starting early next year as part of the network’s Monday night casino line-up. Taping for the series will begin this May and GSN will broadcast 23 individual WPT Season VI poker events in two-hour episodes filmed in casinos around the world.
HGTV is offering new programming with an eco-friendly, green theme:
- Red, Hot and Green – June 10 at 9p; first of the new programs features Carter Oosterhouse and eco-stylist Danny Seo for this one-hour special focused on green design.
- Carter Can – premieres October 6 at 1030p; Carter Oosterhouse will work with homeowners who have difficult home projects to solve.
- Living with Ed – the environmental lifestyle show starring Ed Begley, Jr. and his wife Rachelle Carson Begley returns for a second season with the first four episodes tentatively slated to begin August 26.
Clear Channel Communications has signed a contract and an application has been filed with FCC, for the sale of twelve radio stations to Lincoln-based Three Eagles Communications. The stations involved in the transaction include: KXLP-FM, KYSM-AM, KYSM-FM, Mankato, MN; KCHA-AM, KCHA-FM, KCZE-FM, KGLO-AM, KIAI-FM, KLKK-FM, KSMA-FM, Mason City, IA; and KKEZ-FM and KWMT-AM, Ft. Dodge, IA.
Calling all college students! Cynopsis Weekender College Edition sponsored by Greek, A New ABC Family Original Series coming in July, is coming back on April 26, 2007, and if your essay on television is one of the four published, you’ll be paid $350! We’re looking for 350 word editorials on the subject of television from current college students all around the world. The four most insightful, original, humorous and/or well-written pieces will be included in this special College Edition of Weekender , and only those four will be paid $350. College Professors, moms and dads – encourage your students to participate! All entries should be emailed no later than midnight on Friday, April 20th to me at [email protected], SUBJECT: Weekender College Edition. Students – be sure to include your name, age, college, college year, and major (if you know it), and how you can be contacted. Good luck!
UPFRONT UPDATE: DISCOVERY NETWORKS
Discovery Channel – Animal Planet – TLC – Discovery Times Channel – Science Channel – Discovery HD Theatre – Discovery Health – FitTV – Military Channel – Travel Channel
The Discovery Networks presented its upfront plans yesterday in New York City and the following are the key new and returning series from each of the networks. Perhaps the biggest news was the announcement of PlanetGreen, a global cross-platform green lifestyle initiative built around a rebrand of linear digital cable channel Discovery Home. The company is spending $50 million to create content focused on sustainable development, conservation, organic lifestyles and healthy living. Digital components include building online forums about green living and producing original videos exclusively for digital platforms such as the short-form series “Go Green.” Heading the Discovery PlanetGreen initiative will be Eileen O’Neill, former GM/Discovery Health Channel. Eileen will direct and execute the integrated, multi-platform strategy and launch the new green network.
Discovery Channel unveiled its programming line-up for the next season last night.
The new Series include:
- Last Man Standing Six young Western athletes in peak condition, each with a sporting specialty, travel the world to compete against remote tribesmen in their territories.
- Josh Bernstein’s Adventure Under the guidance of educator, explorer and nature enthusiast, Josh will take viewers to see the wonders of the earth from polar ice caps to the ocean floor.
- Chasing Dummies Leading anthropologists discover ancient cultures through their burial and mummification rituals.
Discovery Channel will return these four programs to its schedule: Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, Man v. Wild and Mythbusters.
Special Event Series on Discovery Channel will include:
- The Net a look at how the Internet has changed the lives of almost every person and every facet of life from shopping, relationships, entertainment, politics and business.
- Koppel on Discovery Ted Koppel will cast his journalistic eye on issues that affect our world.
- Discovery Atlas The HD series is back with a look at South Africa, Mexico, India, Egypt, Russia and France through unprecedented photography.
- Discovery Channel Quest The network continues to fund research and projects that will include Pacific Wreck Abyss, Tut’s Gold Mines and Saltwater Crocs.
- Natural Wonders Uncovering the past, present and future of some of the major wonders of the world including the Grand Canyon, the Great Barrier Reef and more.
- How to Make a Universe Examines the origins of the universe by combining deep space with a virtually created “universe” here on Earth.
- 10 Ways to Save the Planet The most aggressive eco-projects are put to the test to see if they really can affect a change.
For the new season, Animal Planet continues with programming that offers something for every type of animal lover.
New Series include:
- Fooled by Nature Stories about animals that prove truth is often stranger than fiction.
- Lemur Kingdom Filmed during the course of a year, this show relates the behaviors of wild ringtail lemurs.
- Orangutan Island – Reality series about several orphaned orangutans living on a river island near Borneo.
- The Pet Finder Experts will visit two homes during each episode to assess which type would be best for the people and situations involved.
- Ultimate Grooming Challenge (wt) Competition show where groomers face a series of challenge and one will be crowned America’s best groomer.
- Zoo Down Under Reality series that tells the story of Terri Irwin and what her life is like being a single mom now and running the Australia Zoo.
The network will also return Meerkat Manor Season 3, the intimate look at meerkat families.
TLC offers more programming that focuses on real life with information and situations.
Series and Specials for Fourth Quarter 2007:
- Shut Up! It’s Stacy London New primetime talk show with Stacy London as host that will include fashion trends and tips.
- I’ve Got Nothing to Wear Each episode works with one woman to revamp her current wardrobe into outfits that are new and improved.
- Quint-Essential Follows the Ferrill family as they have five babies at once.
- Tattoo Wars (wt) In this creative competition series tattoo artists battle to become the winner.
- It’s a Wonderful Lottery Life Chronicles how the lives of 13 lottery winners in St. Louis have changed.
Series and Specials for First Quarter 2008:
- Kleinfeld’s Bridal (wt) This show follows the family and staff of the New York bridal salon.
- Mind Your Manners Hosted by Clinton Kelly, this series explores how simple etiquette can save your career and relationships.
- Chip Foose: Metal Works (wt) Hot rod builder Chip Foose designs and builds one-of-a-kind automobiles.
Series and Specials for Second Quarter 2008:
- Paycheck Showdown (wt) This show asks the question: are you being paid what you’re worth? Experts help employees negotiate better salaries.
- You’re Driving Me Crazy (wt) Bad drivers are put through driving courses to improve their skills and their lives.
- Real Estate Road Test Homebuyers have the opportunity to try out a house before they buy it.
Series and Specials for Third Quarter 2008:
- Teardown Rebuild (wt) Home buyers identify older, run-down homes that are built back up to become their dream homes.
- Terrain Wreck (wt) Two families compete to see which one has the best front lawn after TLC’s experts arrive with landscaping help.
DISCOVERY TIMES CHANNEL
This network combines programming with contemporary history, current global issues and journalism.
Series for Fourth Quarter 2007:
- Discovery Times Reporting Weekly documentary series that chronicles important global issues.
- Mission Ops Peter Bergen hosts this series about how anyone can be a target of war.
- What Happened When In-depth look at events that have shaped U.S. history over the last 50 years.
- Cornering the Market – Stories behind some of the most well-known brands and their corporations.
Series for First Quarter 2008:
- Most Evil Dr. Michael Stone studies some of the most notorious criminals in history.
- Decoding Disaster Returning for a second season, this series looks at some of the biggest catastrophes in recent history.
Series for Third Quarter 2008:
- 48 Hours: Hard Evidence CBS News goes behind the headlines to investigate unsolved crimes and real-life dramas.
- The New Detectives: Case Studies in Forensic Science This series explores how forensic science is used in criminal investigations.
THE SCIENCE CHANNEL
This network offers programming taking viewers from outer space to the center of the Earth.
Series for Fourth Quarter 2007:
- Tech Toys New cutting-edge gadgets are given the ultimate user tests.
- How It’s Made New season that looks at how certain things are created such as potato chips to fiber optics.
- Science of Building the Future The science behind the engineers who build large, family-friendly projects that change our world.
Series for First Quarter 2008:
- Science of the Movies This series reveals the special effects used on major blockbuster movies such as Star Wars.
Series for Third Quarter 2008:
- What In the World? A panel of experts conduct experiments based on questions from the audience.
DISCOVERY HD THEATER
Highlights from the high-definition network include the following new series:
- Wildlife Man Host David Ireland travels around the globe to find diverse cultures, wildlife and environmentally conscious programs. Coming in Fourth Quarter 2007.
- Soul of a River Four-part documentary series that discovers the history, culture, wildlife and more along the Mekong River in Southeast Asia. Slated for Fourth Quarter 2007.
- Antarctic Mission Viewers will get a close up look of what it’s like to be aboard the oceanographic sailing ship Sedna. Set to premiere in First Quarter 2008.
- Emergency Management Director An inside look at emergency weather situations with disaster responders. Scheduled for First Quarter 2008.
Discovery HD Theater will return the fourth season of Sunrise Earth: Viewers’ Choice in fourth quarter 2007.
This network targets women between 25-54 who must take charge of their family’s health needs as well as their own. Series highlights include:
- Jon & Kate Plus 8 A show featuring the Gosselins who have 2-year old sextuplets and 6-year old twins. Scheduled for Fourth Quarter 2007.
- Mystery Diagnosis This series works with real-life individuals who have baffling ailments who are determined to find a correct diagnosis. Set for Fourth Quarter 2007.
- The Mommy Docs Three female ob-gyns who have a practice together juggle their work life and home life. Slated for First Quarter 2008.
- FitTV offers fitness and wellness programming and has one new series slated for Fourth Quarter 2007:
- Shimmy Shimmy A series that combines HD photography with music to show off the ancient art of the dance.
Military Channel’s upcoming programming slate for the 2007-2008 season includes current and historical perspectives on America’s armed forces.
- Weaponology 2 Weekly series that takes an in-depth look at a particular weapon’s historical roots. (4th Qtr 2007)
- Wild Blue Viewers will see what it’s like to be in the pilot’s seat of actual military planes. (1st Qtr 2008)
- Combat Zone 2 Each episode centers on a specific battle or mission from an armed conflict of recent history such as Korea or Iraq. (2nd Qtr 2008)
- My War Diary 2 This is a returning series that is told through personal journals and videos of soldiers from the front lines of Iraq. (3rd Qtr 2008)
- Warriors A six-part limited series that focuses on one legendary military leader in history such as Napoleon, Joan of Arc or Alexander the Great. (3rd Qtr 2008)
As you know, the Travel Channel and its online components will be sold to Cox Communications. The folks at Discovery want to make clear one thing – Travel Channel ad sales will continue to be sold by the Discovery Ad Sales team, for them it’s business as usual. With that, here are the Travel Channel’s new series programming highlights:
- One Weekend In . . . With Samantha Brown (wt) During each of the 20 episodes, host Samantha Brown will give viewers a myriad of insider tips on what to see and do in many U.S. and international cities during 48 hours. Set to premiere in second quarter 2008.
- Culture Shock (wt) A look at the most bizarre cultural rituals in the world with host Shenaz. Scheduled to debut in first quarter 2008.
- On the Wright Bus with Ian Wright (wt) Host Ian Wright will get to know various sites by riding and getting off a tour bus. Slated to premiere first quarter 2008.
- Life’s a Trip with Andrew Anthony One man’s “must-do” list of things to see and do such as tasting a $700 Kobe steak in Japan or smelling the breath of a lion in Africa. Series will premiere in fourth quarter 2007.
Travel Channel will debut new episodes of the following returning series: Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, Bizarre Foods, the latest Passport series with Samantha Brown, Made in America and 1,000 Places to See Before You Die.
Fox drama pilot project Born in the USA from Studio 19 Entertainment has cast American Idol last season finalist Lisa Tucker. While you know Tucker could sing, did you know she could act as well? Since Idol she has appeared several times on Nickelodeon’s Zoey 101, and on Fox’s The O.C.
HBO has ordered up a comedy pilot of P.E. from Will Ferrell and Adam McKay’s Gary Sanchez Prods. The story is about a former pro baseball player who returns to his hometown and the only job he can find is as a substitute gym teacher. Danny McBride will play the hasbeen gym teacher as well as write the pilot along with Jody Hill and Ben Best.
Tim Voit has started his own company, Sewee Entertainment a multimedia distribution company based in Charleston, SC, where he will serve as President. His clients include SurveyUSA and Connect with Kids among others. Tim left his previous position with Litton Entertainment on amicable terms where he was EVP for 12 years.
NPR has named Ellen Weiss as VP/News. Ellen will supervise NPR’s worldwide journalism operation that includes 18 U.S. and 18 foreign bureaus, 400 staff members and more than 50 hours of weekly news programming. This year, Ellen celebrates her 25th anniversary with NPR where she most recently served as Head of NPR News National Desk and Executive Producer of All Things Considered.
Mark Bautz has been assigned to the new position of Editor-in-Chief/TV . Mark will manage all editorial and broadband video content for TV Guide Online that includes www.TVGuide.com. In addition, Mark will work with Ian Birch, Gemstar-TV Guide’s Chief Content Officer and Editor-in-Chief of TV Guide Magazine. Mark will be based in New York and will report to Paul Greenberg, GM, TV Guide Online.
Today in Cynopsis Kids, listen to the audio version here , or subscribe to the iTunes CynKids podcast
- The animated short film Once Upon A Christmas Village to be made into a full-length feature film
- CG animated preschool series My Friends Tigger & Pooh premieres on Playhouse Disney
- Marvin Hamlisch has signed on as music consultant and composer for season two of the preschool series Sheira & Loli’s Dittydoodle Works
Today in Cynopsis International, listen to the audio version here or subscribe to the iTunes Cyn Int’l podcast
- U.K.’s Somethin’ Else working with FremantleMedia Enterprises and BBC Radio Five Live on The Apprenticast podcast
- Believe it. Sony Pictures Television International asks Ripley Entertainment to continue producing Believe It or Not! versions internationally
- Fox Sports en Espanol extends exclusive Spanish-language rights to Major League Baseball
Today in Cynopsis Digital, listen to the audio version here or subscribe to the iTunes Cyn Digital podcast
- Azureus’ Zudeo relaunched as Vuze, with new HD content from BBC and Showtime
- Discovery becomes the latest cable network to go green, this time with a dedicated channel
- The CAB withdrew support from eBay’s Online Media Exchange
WEDNESDAY – A18-49 Analysis: FOX was the #1 network Wednesday night with a 5.4/15 A18-49, according to fast affiliate ratings from Nielsen Media Research. ABC was next with 3.0/8, and then CBS 2.7/8, NBC 2.2/6, CW 2.0/6, UNIV 1.7/5 and TELE 0.5/1. FOX led a double whammy during the first two hours of primetime: at 8p Bones won with 3.4/10, then at 9p FOX was first for the combo of American Idol Results Show and ‘Til Death averaging a 7.5/20. ABC’s Lost then found a win at 10p with 4.8/13.
Live + Same Day Household Ratings: Wednesday, April 3, 2007 – time period averages. Source: Nielsen Media Research
FOX 9.2/15 Bones 6.6/11, American Idol Results Show 15.1/24, ‘Til Death 8.5/13
CBS 6.3/10 Jericho 5.1/9, Criminal Minds [r] 6.7/11, CSI: NY [r] 7.0/12
ABC 4.9/8 George Lopez 4.1/7, George Lopez 4.3/7, According to Jim 3.7/6, In Case of Emergency 3.3/5, Lost 7.1/12
NBC 4.8/8 Friday Night Lights 3.7/6, Crossing Jordan 5.0/8, Medium 5.7/9
CW 2.8/5 America’s Next Top Model 3.5/6, Pussycat Dolls Present: Search for the Next Doll [r] 2.1/3
UNIV 2.2/4 La Fea Más Bella 2.5/4, Destilando Amor 2.2/3, Don Francisco Presenta 1.9/3
TELE 0.6/1 Marina 0.7/1, Zorro 0.7/1, Decisiones 0.5/1
A18-49: FOX 5.4/15, ABC 3.0/8, CBS 2.7/8, NBC 2.2/6, CW 2.0/6, UNIV 1.7/5, TELE 0.5/1
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM CABLEU
One-of-a-kind in-depth analysis of 25 cable networks, examination of primetime ratings,
monthly trends, network needs, with industry news updated daily.
Coming Soon: More Networks and Year-to-Year Results!
Upgrade your CableU Enrollment and Save!
Know Networks Better. Pitch Smarter.
Friday Fun Fact: The center span of the Golden Gate Bridge once the longest in the world is 4,200 feet long and 220 feet above the water. The bridge itself is 6,450 feet in length and 90 feet wide.
This Day in History: 1957 – New York City trolley cars completed their final runs.
Answer to Yesterday’s Trivia: What television show was first to air reruns? THE LONE RANGER. Kudos to: Linda Grillo -NBC Universal/NY; Sharon Cauthen-Barnard College/NY; Bruce Shachat-NBC/NY; Michael Pitt/NY; Ian Kerner-LaserPacific/Hollywood
Today’s Trivia Question: I’m a fictional character and once portrayed a somewhat imbalanced mayor. I can be very charismatic and I’m liked by most people except for my daughter with whom I have a distant relationship. Do you know me? ( click here with your answer and be sure to include your name, company, city and time zone. Unofficial rules: Only the second four correct answers from each time zone will be mentioned; and once you’ve been mentioned in any of the Cynopsis editions, you can’t be mentioned again that calendar week.)
Later — Cyn
Cynopsis Ad Sales: Mark Bohn- 203- 583-1224 / [email protected]
Classifieds – Trish Pihonak- 203-926-9878 / [email protected]
Features Available at Cynopsis Website: www.Cynopsis.com
Subscribe to the iTunes Video Podcast, or Audio Podcast
Cynopsis Daily Video and Cynopsis Audio Feed — both streaming (download option)
Extended Classified Ads
Subscribe a new address or change your email
Media Kits for all editions
Cynopsis Contact Info
To Unsubscribe from this edition or any Cynopsis editions, please click here
Cynopsis Audio on your Blackberry – click here for free Blackberry application
CableU – Know Networks Better. Pitch Smarter. Click here
All outgoing e-mails are scanned and sent out virus free.
Copyright Cynopsis 2007
Cyn opsis CLASSIFIEDS – For More classifieds, visit the Cynopsis.com classifieds page here
JOB OPENING: SALES PLANNER/DIRECTV/NYC: Will support our Ad Sales Group w/ their sales efforts. For full job description and to forward resume, go to www.directv.com/careers , refer to job # 700229 (4/13)
JOB OPENING: SALES ASST/DIRECTV/NYC: Will provides sales & admin support to our Acct Executives and other members of the sales team. For full job description & to forward res go to www.directv.com/careers , refer to job # 700223 (4/13)
JOB OPENING: EVENT MARKETING MGR/CNN (ATL or NY): 5-7+ yrs exp in event mgmt. Will handle logistics, client/talent requests, and creation/ execution of events. Apply online via www.turnerjobs.com , Req# 77305. EOE. (4/13)
JOB OPENING: COORD/NEW MEDIA/NBCU/Bravo: 2yrs + digital/online exp.Must be tech savvy, have strong project mngmnt&strong writing skills, & be able to research. Temp assignment approx.4 months. Res to: [email protected] (4/13)
JOB OPENING: PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER /NY1 News and NY1 Noticias: Please visit our web site at www.timewarner.com/careers for further details. Requisition # is 77562BR (4/12)
JOB OPENING: ONLINE PROMOTION/PR/ElectricArtists/NY: 3+Yrs Online Mktg exp. Creative/strategic thinker. Exec online mktg/promo campaigns: TV/film/music/video game/etc. Exp w/Ppt, Excel, Word. Res/Salary: [email protected] (4/12)
JOB OPENING: FINANCE DIR, SALES PLAN’G/MTV/NY/Staff: Support global sales team w/ plan’g & rev reporting. Skills Req: 5+yrs financial plan’g exp, Strong proj mgt exp & leadership skills, EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Email [email protected] (4/12)
JOB OPENING: AD SALES MKTG MGR/NBC Universal/Bravo: 5+ years in client-based/agency media experience. Production, Traffic Knowledge and Budget Experience required. Temporary position only.Resumes to: [email protected] (4/12)
JOB OPENING: AD SALES MKTG MGR/NBC Universal/SciFi: 5+ yrs in client-based/agency media experience. Production, Traffic Knowledge and Budget Experience required. Temporary position only.Resumes to: [email protected] (4/12)
JOB OPENING: MKTG REP/Walt Disney Records/Burbank: (Approx. 4 mnth assign.) to asst in dvlpng mrktng plans for new release & catalog music titles. Res: [email protected] & go to www.disneycareers.com to fill out a profile. (4/12)
JOB OPENING: DIR, BUS DEV/OLN/Stamford, CT: Source/develop/execute new bus around ntwrk’s niche genres. 5+yrs exp, strong fin’l bckgrd,knwldg/contacts w/in sports& media req’d. Apply: www.olntv.com EEO/AA/Drug Free (4/11)
JOB OPENING: SR WRITER PRODUCER/ VERSUS/Stamford, CT: Write and produce compelling on and off-air promotion, radio spots and sales tapes that fully convey the tone of the network.Apply at www.versus.com EOE/AA/drug free (4/11)
JOB OPENING: MGR, INTERNET CONTENT/ VERSUS/Stamford, CT: Lead dev of on-line initiatives relating to new user & advertiser functionality & over see editorial/video functions for Field Sports genre. 5+ yrs related exp. www.versus.com (4/11)
JOB OPENING: MANAGER OF DIGITAL PROMOTIONS DEVELOPMENT/ TBS/TNT/Court TV NY: Must have 3+ yrs exp in digital media, promotions, exp working closely with ad sales; Apply online www.turnerjobs.com , Req# 77461. EOE (4/11)
JOB OPENING: SR.NEGOTIATOR /National Broadcast/Pearl River NY(15 miles NYC): Exp in all areas of Nat’l Broadcast placement. Strong analytical & presentation skills req’d. Resume: [email protected] or call 845 732-8943 (4/11)
JOB OPENING: SENIOR MEDIA PLANNER/ BUYER /Phoenix, AZ: Join team of rule-breakers inspired by unexpected, nontraditional advertising. If you have exp in all types of media and a passion for the business, email [email protected] (4/11)
JOB OPENING: VP DEVELOPMENT/CULVER CITY CA: TV Prod Co seeks creative person to run dvlpmt. Create show concepts, set meetings, close deals. 4 yrs exp. Reality/Unscripted/Lifestyle prgmng. Contacts req’d. Apply [email protected] (4/11)
JOB OPENING: RSRCH ANALYST/Cartoon Ntwrk/Adult Swim/ATL: 1+yrs related media exp, Nielsen sftwr exp req; strong analytical & comm skills, interpret/position data; info www.turnerjobs.com 68090br; Res: [email protected] (4/11)
JOB OPENING: RSRCH DIR/TNT/TBS/COURT TV AD SALES/NY: Provide strategic sales support, create in-depth analyses/effective posit’g. Mng team. 6+yrs Primary rsrch exp, proj mgmt, spervsry skills. Contact: [email protected] (4/11)
JOB OPENING: SR RESEARCH ANALYST/TNT/TBS/COURT TV, Ad Sales/NY: Provide research support & create sales positioning. Strong analytical/writing skills req. 3+ years exp req. Contact: [email protected] (4/11)
JOB OPENING: RESEARCH ANALYST/TNT, TBS, Court TV Ad Sales/NY: 1-2 yrs research exp at network/agency, strong analytical/communication skils, proficient with Nielsen systems and MS Office. Resume to [email protected] (4/11)
JOB OPENING: SUPERVISOR, ONLINE MKTG/iDEMAND/NYC: Manage and update all product websites. Contact for vendors, agencies etc. 4 yr degree + 3 yrs web mktg exp in TV/entertainment. Resume to: [email protected] (4/10)
JOB OPENING: SENIOR PRODUCER ONLINE/ Logo/NYC: 6+yrs Digital Producer exp, Strg Visio/wireframing skills, HTML/XML , Strg interpersnl/org skills, Knwldg of Data based Content Mgmt Sys EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvncareers.com (4/10)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/ Logo/NYC: 5+yrs exp (3yrs consult/Invest Bnk/M&A/Biz Dev), Strg financ Model/Excel skils, Strng analyt thinker, MBA & New Media exp A+ EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvncareers.com (4/10)
JOB OPENING: EXEC PRODUCER, LINKED MEDIA GROUP/ VH1 Digital/NYC: 8+yrs online/digital exp, Exp w/tech, prod dev, web prod & proj mgmt, Exp w/vendors, budgets, design, editorial, & Mgmt EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvncareers.com (4/10)
JOB OPENING: PRODUCER / Nick.com/NYC. 5+yrs exp Web Production, Strg mgmt/org skills, Strng exp w/clients & vendors, Strng Proj Mgmt/multitask/sked exp, Knwldg of kid play patterns&new media EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvncareers.com (4/10)
JOB OPENING: ON AIR ART DIRECTOR/ CMT/MTV Networks / Nashville, TN: 7or more years broadcast design experience with 2 or more yrs in a supervisory position.Email resume to [email protected]
JOB OPENING: VP MUSIC & TALENT /CMT – MTV Networks / Nashville, TN – Strong industry relationships. Exp with artist related program development. Strategic thinker. Apply at www.mtvncareers.com or [email protected] (4/10)
JOB OPENING: CONSUMER MKTG COORD/ABC Family/LA:Work with VP and MGR to execute ad/promo/event campaigns.Proactive, organized and enthusiastic. 1-3 yrs exp. in entertainment marketing/agency setting. Visit www.disneycareers.com (4/10)
JOB OPENING: ACCT MGR AFFILIATE SALES/Oxygen Media/NY: Strong background in sales/mktng; min 3yrs exp in media sales & multi-media mrktng. Travel req’d. Please contact: [email protected] (4/10)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR PRODUCTION FINANCE/TELEMUNDO/MIAMI: Seeking Finance Director to lead all financial activities re. TLMD’s global production operations. For full job description & to apply: www.nbcunicareers.com, job #585395 (4/10)
JOB OPENING: TV WRITERS/ NYC: Must have exp/credits writing hosted segments. News, comedy, dialogue, magazine. Send resume/samples to: [email protected] (4/10)
JOB OPENING: EXECUTIVE PRODUCER NY/METRO AREA: Exp’d Sr. Producer to supervise editorial, develop, produce &supervise teams. News & documentary exp a plus. Resumes to: [email protected] (4/10)
JOB OPENING: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE II/Turner Sports Interactive, NY: Must have 5+ yrs of digital ad sales exp; AE will be responsible for PGA.com, PGAtour.com, and NASCAR.com. Apply online www.turnerjobs.com, Req# 69371. EOE (4/7)
JOB OPENING: DIGITAL TRAFFIC SPECIALIST/CNN, Ad Operations, NY: Must have 1-2+ yrs of digital ad trafficking exp; attention to detail, passion for excellence. Apply online via www.turnerjobs.com, Req# 72955. EOE (4/7)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR/CONSUMER MARKETING/NBCU/Bravo: 7+ years overall marketing experience. TV, cable, and consumer marketing experience preferred. Temporary assignment approx. 3 weeks. Resumes to: [email protected] (4/7)
JOB OPENING: SUPERVISING PRODUCER/Silver Spring, MD: Health & fitness original productions – research, talent, scripts, cut review. Collaborative envir., min. 3 yrs supv exp. Resume/ltr to [email protected] (4/13)
SPRING INTERNSHIPS – These positions are for credit only – nobody gets paid here. They are posted for free, and students work for school credit only. For more information on the specs for posting an Internship ad, email Trish at [email protected] .
SITUATION WANTED ADS, POSTED BY THOSE LOOKING TO BE HIRED —
SITUATION WANTED: PROJ/OPS MGR: NYC, Prof. 5-7 yrs cable ntwk on-air promo/brand exp. Mng day-to-day ops of promo projs. Extreme attn to detail. Strong organiz skills. Meticulous. Passion for excellence. [email protected] (4/13)
SITUATION WANTED: EXPERIENCED PRODUCER/DIRECTOR in LA seeks high-concept, short-form projects. Motivated w/ fresh ideas. National spots under my belt. NYU TSOA Grad. View work: http://h1.ripway.com/JLSELWYN . EMAIL: [email protected] (4/13)
SITUATION WANTED: Seasoned TELEVISION PRODUCER seeking creative exec/mgmt position with production company or network. Background includes everything from reality to game shows. Please contact Derek at [email protected] (4/12)
SITUATION WANTED: NYU Tisch graduate looking for Television WRITER’S P A./WRITER’S ASSISTANT job in L.A. 2 yrs. exp. with multiple television companies (ABC, MTVN, Bravo) including busy Writers’ Office. Contact [email protected] (4/12)
SITUATION WANTED: Your Own CFO for a fraction of the cost. CPA/MBA, 15+ yrs media/small biz/private, Big 4. Interim projects/staffing, budgets, forecasts, biz plans, systems, process improvements, Virtual, P/T CFO [email protected] (4/11)
SITUATION WANTED AD: BLOGGER/WRITER: Pop-culture expert with existing national audience. Most recent gig viewed by over 1 million unique users in 8 weeks. Experienced, snarky, and refreshingly non-creepy. [email protected] (4/10)
SITUATION WANTED AD: Exp. NYC PRODUCER Available: Nat’l shows. Doc, Reality, Travel, Entertainment. Mix & post, field pkgs, celebs, wrap copy, format. Resume, refs and reel. Contact Laura (917) 689-8037/ [email protected] (4/10)
E-mail Trish Pihonak for rates and specs for Job Openings.
Are you looking for a job? Post your Situation Wanted Ad here — Email Trish Pihonak for specs.
WHAT’S ON TONIGHT: Friday, April 6, 2007
ABC: Grey’s Anatomy [r], Wife Swap, 20/20
CBS: Ghost Whisperer, Close to Home, Numb3rs
CW: Friday Night Smackdown
FOX: House [r], The Wedding Bells
ION: Mama’s Family, Mama’s Family, Diagnosis Murder, Fabric of Time
MNT: My Friday Night Movie
NBC: Identity, Raines, Law & Order
PBS: Washington Week, Now, America’s Lost Landscape
TELE: Marina, Zorro, Decisiones
UNIV: La Fea Mas Bella, Destilando Amor, Casos de la Vida Real: Edición Especial