CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM A+E NETWORKS
A+E Networks is The Fastest-Growing Ad-Supported Cable Group
3 Networks within the Top 5 on key demos:
History #2 M25-54| A&E #5 A25-54| Lifetime #5 W25-54
More Series in Cable Top 50 than any other Network Group
Great Content…Valuable Audiences…Every Platform
A+E Networks: Life is Entertaining
(Source click here)
Good morning. It’s Wednesday, May 4, 2011, and this is your first early morning briefing. As always, if you prefer to watch this morning’s news instead of reading it, click here .
TLC: Spouse vs. House at 10p
MTV: The Electric Barbarellas at 11p
FX: Justified at 10p
A&E: Storage Wars at 1030p
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM SCRIPPS NETWORKS
Brands forInspiration : Six of the Top 10 Brands for Inspiring Purchase1
Brands for Motivation : The Highest Concentration of Upscale Viewers in Cable2
Brands for Results : The #1 Network Group for Retaining Viewers Through Breaks3 Brands for Now. Brands for Life.
HGTV-DIY Network-Food Network-Cooking Channel-Travel Channel-GAC
1. Experian Simmons MME Engagement Study, Spring 2010. 2. Nielsen Co. NPower R&F Report, 2010.
3. Beta Research, Advertising Executive Study, 2010. For details, visit ScrippsNetworksAdSales.com .
When President Obama delivered his live speech relating the news that US military forces killed Osama bin Laden last Sunday night, Nielsen reports the sum of the average audience totaled 56.5 million viewers. President Obama’s address was carried live from about 1135p-1144p on nine networks including ABC, CBS, NBC, Telemundo, Univision, CNN, FOX News Channel, HLN and MSNBC.
CBS News announced Scott Pelley will become anchor and managing editor of CBS Evening News. As of June 6, the news broadcast will be re-titled as CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley. Pelley will also continue to report stories for 60 Minutes. For CBS News, Pelley has covered breaking national news, politics, wars and has been the network’s chief White House correspondent. He has reported for 60 Minutes since 2004 where his stories have won numerous major awards.
A seventh season is on tap for procedural series Bones as FOX renewed the series. Bones is produced by Far Field Productions and Josephson Entertainment in association with 20th Century Fox Television.
The Pac-10 is scheduled to formally announce today that the conference has signed the richest deal in NCAA history. Details of the agreement leaked Tuesday morning, with the Pac-10 (soon to be Pac-12) receiving around $3 billion over the next 12 years for football and basketball games from broadcast partners Fox and ESPN. In addition, the conference was able to hold back some premium games that will allow it to launch its own television and digital networks. The conferences football games will be shared by ABC and Fox, as well as on the ESPN family of networks and FX. Basketball will be shown on ESPN channels as well as Fox Sports Net. ESPN and Fox will also alternate airing the football championship game, while the conference basketball tournament will be shared by ESPN, Fox and FX. (Story by Chris Pursell for Cynopsis | Sports)
FOX further slated the season two premiere date of Masterchef led by Michelin-starred chef Gordon Ramsay on June 6 at 8p. For the opening episode, 100 amateur American cooks were flown to Los Angeles where their signature dishes are judged by Ramsay, restaurateur/wine maker Joe Bastianich and chef Graham Elliot. During the episode airing on June 14, the pack of amateur chefs will be whittled down to eighteen hopefuls who vie for the grand prize. Reveille and One Potato Two Potato produce the series.
Chef Jamie Oliver’s reality program, Food Revolution benched by ABC for the May sweeps. ABC will air the series’ left-over episodes on Fridays at 9p beginning June 3.
Swordfish is the mainstay for the Hannah Boden, the fishing vessel led by Captain Linda Greenlaw and her crew featured in the Discovery Channel series Swords: Life On the Line. A third season of Swords: Life On the Line from Original Productions, a FremantleMedia company, and BermanBraun debuts May 12 at 10p.
A NEW installment on the Cyn opsis | Sports news page, “Which Sportscaster Carries the Most Appeal with Consumers?“, is written by Chris Pursell, and sponsored by CBS Sports Network . Feel free to add your comments or thoughts at the bottom of the Sports page about his story, his opinions, suggestions on future stories and or anything else. CBS Sports Network, available to 95 million homes, the 24-hour network has hundreds of live games, expert analysis and award winning programming.
On Tuesday, HISTORY announced its upfront lineup and also touted its continued thriving brand. HISTORY has one series in development:
- The Men Who Built America – New miniseries in development for a planned debut in 2012. The miniseries will spotlight the builders, dreamers and believers who built the US, especially after the Civil Way. Produced for HISTORY by Stephen David Ent., INC.
HISTORY approved three upcoming series:
- Invention USA – Series follows tech and science experts, Riechart Von Wolfshield and Garrett Lisi as they travel America to find the next great amateur inventors. Produced by T Group Productions.
- Full Metal Jousting – A group of fighters recreate authentic full-contact jousting, though gone is the medieval armor which is replaced by state-of-the-art protective gear. Produced by Pilgrim Films & Television.
- United Stats of America – Series will serve up numbers data on everything from how many texts we send to the amount of money we make. Produced by Left/Right Productions.
HISTORY is carrying through with three previously announced new series:
- American Restoration – Series focuses on Rick’s Restoration in Las Vegas where owner Rick Dale rejuvenates pieces of history. From Leftfield Pictures.
- Around the World in 80 Ways – Series hosts “Boston Rob” Mariano and Dennis Anderson compete against each other as they use 80 unique modes of transportation to race around the globe. Produced by Original Productions, a FremantleMedia company.
- How the States Got Their Shapes – New series hosted by Brian Unger premiered this week and examines the stories behind states’ boundaries. From Half Yard Productions.
HISTORY is continuing with 14 series on its schedule:
- American Pickers – produced by Cineflix
- Ancient Aliens – from Prometheus Entertainment
- Ax Men – from Original Productions
- Brad Meltzer’s Decoded – produced by Go Go Luckey and Berman Braun
- Ice Road Truckers – produced by Original Productions
- IRT: Deadliest Roads – from Original Productions
- Modern Marvels – from Actuality Productions
- Only In America with Larry the Cable Guy – produced by Pilgrim Films and Television and Parallel Entertainment
- Pawn Stars – from LeftField Pictures
- Stan Lee’s Superhumans – from Off the Fence
- Swamp People – produced by Original Media
- The Universe – produced by Flight 33 Productions
- Top Gear – from BBC Worldwide Productions
- Top Shot – produced by Pilgrim Films and Television
UPFRONT 2011: LIFETIME
For its 2011-2012 programming slate, Lifetime includes two additional scripted dramas, thus doubling the network’s number of scripted series from two to four. The network offers details on the two new scripted series:
- The Protector – Drama is about divorced mom Gloria Sheppard (Ally Walker) who juggles her stressful job as a LAPD homicide detective with that of raising her two sons with help from her troubled younger brother Davey (Chris Payne Gilbert). Produced by ABC Studios and CBS Television Studios; series premieres this summer.
- Against the Wall – Rachael Carpani, Treat Williams and Kathy Baker star in this drama centered on Chicago police detective Abby Kowalski (Carpani) who causes tension in her family of close-knit, blue collar cops when she decides to join the department’s Internal Affairs unit. Produced by Universal Cable Productions; series premieres this summer.
Lifetime further ordered one scripted drama pilot:
- Modern Love – A newspaper science editor Simon McElvane is immersed in a dissolving marriage and balancing his relationship with his adopted teenage daughter and is handed the job of editor of the newspaper’s Modern Love column. The series’ plot will use actual column stories picked up from the New York Times. The pilot will be produced by Sony Pictures Television and BermanBraun.
Lifetime is bringing back two other scripted series:
- Army Wives – Drama is renewed for a sixth season with 13 episodes. Produced by ABC Studios and The Mark Gordon Company.
- Drop Dead Diva – Comedy/drama will be back for a third season beginning June 19. Produced by Sony Pictures Television.
Lifetime is moving forward with 11 new reality series:
- Vanished with Beth Holloway – Previously-announced real-life series is hosted by Beth Holloway as the program delves into true mysteries involving families who experienced unsolved abductions, disappearances and horrible crimes. 10-episode series from Jupiter Entertainment premieres May 9 following the debut of original movie Justice for Natalee Holloway.
- Love Handles – One-hour docu-series follows overweight couples during dual transformations as they explore together the core of what affects their well-being. Eight one-hour episodes from 495 Productions will premiere in May.
- Brighton Beach – Series follows the colorful people who live, love and work in this well-known Brooklyn neighborhood. 12 half-hour episodes produced by Left/Right.
- The Conversation – Hosted by British TV personality and photographer Amanda de Cadenet and executive produced by Demi Moore and de Cadenet, this series offers a fresh approach to the female celebrity interview format. Eight one-hour episodes from decadenet Inc.
- Dance Moms – Series goes inside the competitive world of dance where overbearing mothers push their daughters to perform while living out their own dreams vicariously through them. Six one-hour episodes produced by Collins Avenue Entertainment.
- The Day That Changed My Life – Series uses in-depth interviews and reenactments to highlight true stories of ordinary people whose lives took unexpected and dramatic turns following accidents or surprise encounters with strangers. Six one-hour episodes ordered from Sirens Media.
- Project Runway All Stars – Series features memorable past contestants from the series who compete against each other all over again. Eight one-hour episodes from The Weinstein Company and Bunim-Murray Productions.
- Project Accessory – Innovative artists create the latest in fashion accessory trends while competing for a cash prize to help launch their own business. Eight one-hour episodes from The Weinstein Company and Bunim-Murray Productions.
- Roseanne’s Nuts – Docu-series follows Emmy Award-winning actress/comedienne Roseanne Barr as she managers her 40-acre macadamia and live stock farm in Hawaii with help from her longtime boyfriend and son. The network orders 16 half-hour episodes from 3 Ball Productions/Eyeworks USA and Full Moon & High Tide Productions.
- To Live & Buy – Two best friends and interior designers, Tracy Hutson and Tanya McQueen travel the US to find relics to restore and transform into beautiful and eclectic pieces for their LA home decor store. Seven one-hour episodes ordered from RelativityREAL.
- The Tracey Gold Project (wt) – Tracey Gold hosts this series and relies on her personal experiences with battling anorexia to help other women overcome major eating disorders. Six one-hour episodes from GRB Entertainment.
Other returning reality series on Lifetime:
- Project Runway – Competitive reality series hosted by Heidi Klum and featuring mentor Tim Gunn and judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia is back for a ninth season this summer. Produced by The Weinstein Company, Miramax Films, Bunim-Murray Productions and Full Picture Productions.
- One Born Every Minute – Hospital docu-drama was recently renewed.
- Coming Home – Surprise personnel reunion show was also recently renewed.
UPFRONT 2011: DISCOVERY US HISPANIC
Discovery en Espanol and Discovery Familia, under the umbrella of Discovery US Hispanic and Discovery Communications revealed its 2011-2012 upfront theme as “Beyond.” Discovery US Hispanic got a shot of $1 billion for new programming across its networks and brands, resulting in the biggest programming investment in Discovery’s 25-year history. Both networks, Discovery en Espanol and Discovery Familia will unveil their lineup of original series and specials at the Discovery US Hispanic Upfront May 18 starting at 9a at the Four Seasons Restaurant in New York. David Zaslav, President/CEO, Discovery Communications will lead the event. Zaslav expanded on his vision for the US Hispanic unit: “To extend Discovery en Espanol’s leadership position as the #1 non-fiction Hispanic network in the United States powered by the #1 non-fiction media company in the world, this upfront season we will deliver more exclusive content, original productions and compelling current affairs specials. Combined with our deep pipeline of U.S. content, this expansion will provide new solutions, branding options and unsurpassed value to our advertising partners seeking to attract the rapidly-growing Hispanic population segment,” Zaslav added.
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM STYLE
She’s passionate, loyal to the brands she loves and motivated to transform her life for the better.
The Shoptimist doesn’t just watch TV for entertainment — she makes a mental shopping list.
And she finds it all on Style.
AMC’s upcoming original series Hell on Wheels commences production May 16 in Calgary and the series is scheduled to open in fourth quarter 2011. Endemol USA developed the series which is produced by Entertainment One (eOne) and Nomadic Pictures. Hell on Wheels is billed as a contemporary western about a former confederate soldier Cullen Bohannon (Anson Mount) who has a thirst for vengeance that leads him to the Union Pacific Railroad’s construction of the first Transcontinental Railroad.
Top Ten Basic Cable Ad Supported Network Rankings among A18-49 for the week of: 4/25-5/1/11
Primetime (000) Total Pgm Day (000)
TNT 1549 ADSM* 713
ESPN 1195 TNT 712
USA 1055 ESPN 594
HIST 890 NAN* 568
TBSC 716 NICK 567
FX 714 USA 545
DISC 624 FX 428
AEN 571 TBSC 403
CMDY 534 HIST 402
ADSM 525 DSNY 363
Source: Turner Research from Nielsen Media Research Data. All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 115,900,000 homes
* = Network broadcasts less than 51% of minutes in a 24 hour day. Primetime listing only includes those networks broadcasting more than 51% of the primetime hours (M-Su 8p-11p)
Top Ten Basic Cable Ad Supported Network Rankings among Total Viewers for the week of: 4/25-5/1/11
Primetime (000) Total Pgm Day (000)
USA 2910 NICK 2147
TNT 2906 DSNY 1556
DSNY 2361 TNT 1465
ESPN 2146 NAN* 1433
HIST 1913 USA 1359
FOXN 1774 ADSM* 1270
NAN 1563 FOXN 1119
FX 1286 ESPN 984
AEN 1257 TOON 984
TBSC 1243 HIST 836
Source: Turner Research from Nielsen Media Research Data.
All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 115,900,000 homes
* = Network broadcasts less than 51% of minutes in a 24 hour day. Primetime listing only includes those networks broadcasting more than 51% of the primetime hours (M-Su 8p-11p)
Top 10 Cable Programs among A18-49 (000) for the week of: 4/25-5/1/11
CNN President Obama’s Speech Bin Laden Dead 5605
CNN Breaking News/Bin Laden Dead 11p 3976
ESPN NFL Draft 3849
TNT Hornets/Lakers 3659
HIST Pawn Stars 1030p 3391
HIST Pawn Stars 10p 3209
CNN Breaking News/Bin Laden Dead 12a 2968
USA WWE Entertainment 9p 2572
USA WWE Entertainment 10p 2513
TNT Nuggets/Thunder 2421
Source: Turner Research from Nielsen Media Research Data.
All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 115,900,000 homes
Top 10 Broadcast Programs among A18-49 rating/share and (000) for the week of 4/25-5/1/11
FOX American Idol Wednesday 7.1/20 9345
FOX American Idol Thursday 5.7/17 7439
NBC The Voice 5.1/13 6760
ABC Dancing with the Stars 4.7/13 6136
NBC The Office 4.2/11 5583
ABC Grey’s Anatomy 3.7/9 4842
ABC Dancing with the Stars Results 3.6/9 4714
FOX Glee 3.4/9 4486
CBS The Big Bang Theory 3.3/10 4391
CBS Survivor: Redemption Island 3.2/9 4175
Source: Nielsen Media Research, Galaxy Explorer, Live + SD Data
Broadcast Evening News Weekly Average Ratings (week of April 25, 2011)
NBC: 8.86 million total viewers; 2.2/9 and 2.78 million A25-54
ABC: 8.28 million total viewers; 1.7/7 and 2.17 million A25-54
CBS: 5.74 million total viewers; 1.4/5 and 1.69 million A25-54
Source: Nielsen, NTI
Saturday A18-49 Analysis: FOX zipped into first place Saturday night at 1.7/6 with the A18-49 demo, according to final national ratings from Nielsen. FOX raced through the primetime hours in #1 with its NASCAR Sprint Cup: Live From Richmond beginning at 8p with a 1.6/6 followed by ABC’s movie at 0.9/4. At 9p, FOX led with a 1.7/6 and ABC’s movie was #2 at 1.2/4. FOX floored it during 10p delivering a 1.9/6 with the final hour of NASCAR and ABC’s Batman Begins movie presentation remained in second place at 1.3/4.
Live + Same Day Household Ratings: Saturday, April 30, 2011 – (May Sweep Day 3) – time period averages. Source: NTI, Galaxy as dated. Live+SD.
FOX: 3.7/7 FOX NASCAR Sprint Cup: Live from Richmond 3.7/7
NBC: 2.7/5 Chase 2.3/5, Law & Order: LA [r] 2.3/4, Law & Order: SVU [r] 3.3/6
CBS: 2.3/4 Fight Camp 360 0.8/2, Crimetime Saturday [r] 2.4/4, 48 Hours Mystery 3.8/7
ABC: 2.2/4 ABC Saturday Movie of the Week: Batman Begins [r] 2.2/4
UNIV: 1.2/2 Sabado Gigante 1.2/2
ION: 0.6/1 Saturday 8PM Movie: Waterworld [r] 0.6/1
TELE: 0.4/1 Fubol Estelar: Chivas vs. Monterrey 0.4/1, Persgdo Injusticia 0.2/0
TF: 0.3/1 Cine de Las Estrel Sat [r] 0.3/1, Futbol Liga Mexicana Sat: San Luis vs. Cruz Azul 0.3/1
A18-49: FOX 1.7/6, ABC 1.1/4, NBC 0.7/3, CBS 0.7/2, UNIV 0.6/2, TELE 0.4/1, ION 0.3/1, TF 0.2/1
Sunday A18-49 Analysis: ABC and NBC shared the top spot Sunday night at 2.2/6 A18-49 each, according to final national ratings from Nielsen. During 7p, ABC won with America’s Funniest Home Videos at 2.0/7 while CBS’ 60 Minutes and FOX’s Family Guy repeat tied for #2 at 1.5/5 apiece. CBS was the solo leader at 8p with Amazing Race at 2.6/7 and ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and the average of FOX’s The Simpsons and The Cleveland Show encore each delivered a 2.3/6. At 9p, NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice hit the right mark with a 3.0/7 ahead of ABC’s Desperate Housewives in #2 with a 2.8/7. NBC was the champ again at 10p with more Celebrity Apprentice at 3.3/9 followed by CBS’ CSI: Miami at 1.8/4.
Live + Same Day Household Ratings: Sunday, May 1, 2011 – (May Sweep Day 4) – time period averages. Source: NTI, Galaxy as dated. Live+SD.
CBS: 5.4/9 60 Minutes 6.9/12, Amazing Race 18 5.3/8, Undercover Boss 4.8/7, CSI: Miami 4.7/7
ABC: 4.8/8 America’s Funniest Home Videos 4.3/8, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition 4.8/8, Desperate Housewives 6.0/9, Brothers & Sisters 3.8/6
NBC: 4.0/6 Dateline 3.4/6, America’s Next Great Restaurant 2.6/4, Celebrity Apprentice 11 5.1/8
FOX: 2.5/4 Family Guy [r] 2.0/3, The Simpsons 3.1/5, The Cleveland Show [r] 2.5/4, Family Guy [r] 2.9/4, American Dad [r] 2.4/4
UNIV: 1.6/3 Aqui y Ahora 0.9/2, Nuestra Belleza 2.0/3, Sal y Pimienta 1.6/3
ION: 0.6/1 Sunday 7PM Movie: Waterworld [r] 0.7/1, Sunday 11PM Movie: Spy Game 0.3/1
TF: 0.4/1 Cine de Las Estrel Sun [r] 0.3/0, Cine de Las Estrel Sun 2 [r] 0.4/1
TELE: 0.3/0 Mejor de Boda Real 0.3/1, Idolos de Mexico III 0.2/0, Idolos de Mexico IV 0.3/0, Idolos de Mexico IV 0.4/1
A18-49: ABC 2.2/6, NBC 2.2/6, FOX 2.0/6, CBS 2.0/5, UNIV 1.1/3, TF 0.4/1, ION 0.3/1, TELE 0.2/1
Monday A18-49 Analysis: ABC’s ratings for Monday night rose to 4.0/10 with the A18-49 demo, according to final national ratings from Nielsen. ABC won at 8p as Dancing with the Stars swept in #1 at 4.2/12 and FOX’s House came next at 2.9/8. ABC continued its top-rated groove at 9p with a second full hour of Dancing with the Stars at 4.9/12 while the average of CBS’ comedies Two and a Half Men and Mike & Molly (a new episode) trailed in #2 at 2.3/6. ABC held court through 10p with Castle at 2.9/7 and CBS’ Hawaii Five-O followed next at 2.5/6.
Live + Same Day Household Ratings: Monday, May 2, 2011 (May Sweep Day 5) time period averages. Source: NTI, Galaxy as dated. Live+SD.
ABC: 11.5/18 Dancing with the Stars 13.3/20, Castle 7.8/12
CBS: 5.0/8 How I Met Your Mother 4.2/7, Mad Love 3.5/5, Two and a Half Men [r] 4.9/7, Mike & Molly 5.1/7, Hawaii Five-O 6.2/10
FOX: 4.3/6 House 5.1/8, Chicago Code 3.4/5
NBC: 2.8/4 Chuck 2.5/4, The Event 2.6/4, Law & Order: Los Angeles 3.3/5
UNIV: 2.2/3 Teresa 2.0/3, Triunfo del Amor 2.5/4
CW: 1.0/1 90210 1.0/2, Gossip Girl 0.9/1
ION: 1.0/1 Without a Trace 0.8/1, Criminal Minds 1.0/1, Criminal Minds 1.1/2
TELE: 0.9/1 Aurora 0.6/1, Los Herederos del Monte 0.6/1, La Reina del Sur 1.6/3
TF: 0.3/0 Dona Bella 0.3/0, Cine de Las Estrellas Mon 0.2/0
A18-49: ABC 4.0/10, CBS 2.4/6, FOX 2.2/6, UNIV 1.6/4, NBC 1.4/4, TELE 0.8/2, CW 0.7/2, ION 0.4/1, TF 0.2/1
Thom Sherman elevated to EVP/Development with The CW where his scope of duties now includes leading development of all network programming encompassing scripted and non-scripted series. Thom reports to Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW. Also as a result of Thom’s promotion, the network’s drama and alternative development executives will report to him.
BBC Worldwide named Jacek Koskowski as GM CEE with BBC Worldwide Channels. The move establishes a local office in the market emphasizing a new long-term commitment to Poland as a priority territory.
Dorota Pawlowska becomes the new Territory Manager for CEE (excluding Russia and CIS) for Turner CN Enterprises. Based in Warsaw, Dorota will join a team charged with boosting Turner CN Enterprises’ consumer products business in the emerging regions. She will head the company’s licensing strategy for CEE.
Nick Ascheim hired by BBC Worldwide Americas as SVP/Digital Media to oversee expansion in direct-to-consumer digital businesses across platforms such as web, mobile and emerging technologies. Nick will manage the commercial growth of the North American version of BBC.com while reporting to Ann Sarnoff, COO BBC Worldwide Americas. Most recently, Nick worked for The Associated Press where he supervised its roster of digital businesses.
Prospect Park added Josh Barry as Partner to develop and produce drama and comedy series in addition to reality and non-fiction TV projects for the company. Josh, who previously worked for ABC Entertainment Group, will report to Jeff Kwatinetz, Founder/CEO.
Matt Coren promoted to VP/Affiliate Sales at ComStar Media up from Director of Affiliate Sales/Marketing.
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM ATAS
Go to http://www.emmys.com/celebrity-apprentice
Together with Donald Trump Jr. and Moderator Jim Cramer from CNBC’s Mad Money,
learn how these celebrities became “passion players” in the world of business!
STAR JONES • MARLEE MATLIN • MEAT LOAF • JOHN RICH
This day in History: 1954 – The first intercollegiate court tennis match was played in the U.S. It was between Yale and Princeton.
Answer to Yesterday’s Trivia Question: Who was known as the Marcel Marceau of Television? RED SKELTON Kudos to: Diane Librizzi-La Loca Entertainment/NY; David Rubinsohn-TJL Prods/Philadelphia; Ed Goode-Connelly Partners/Boston; Lynette Stewart-ICON Int’l/Stamford; Renee Rochman/AZ; Linda Wooldridge-Rovicorp/Tulsa; Bill Goodfriend-Charter Media/St. Louis; Jim Gray-Froglight Prods/Missoula; Jon Crowley-Syfy Channel/Universal City; Dona Nelson/Santa Barbara; Ali Baldwin-NBC Parks & Recreation/Studio City; Richard Ross-CDTV/LA;
Today’s Trivia Question: Okay Star Trek fans – this one’s for you: I’ll give you the gist of the storyline, you give me the creature’s name. The creatures lived on a planet in which it mined just under the planet surface, creating tunnels. The creatures had a lifespan of 60,000 until all but one died. That one was protecting a nest of eggs and when a group of off-world miners came and setup driller ops, the creature killed all of them. Only until Mr. Spock created a mental contact with the creature, was peace restored and the creature was allowed to continue to protect its unborn offspring. What was the name of the creature? (Email [email protected] with your answer and be sure to include your name, company, city and time zone. Unofficial rules: Only the second four correct answers from each time zone will be mentioned; and once you’ve been mentioned in any of the Cynopsis editions, you can’t be mentioned again that calendar week.)
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM RLTV
Big, Powerful and Influential: They Are The Nation’s Fastest Growing Demo
RLTV is launching Brand New Programming Initiatives on: Health/Finance/Politics/Nutrition
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON RLTV CONTACT:
Gig Barton: 917.912.0023 or [email protected]/ David J. Ford: 312.882.3673 or [email protected]
Follow the Money: Generation 50+…..100 Million Reasons to Buy RLTV
Later — Cyn
Cynopsis Ad Sales:
Mike Farina – VP/Business Development & Sales – 203-218-6480 / [email protected]
Classifieds – Trish Pihonak- 203-381-9096 / [email protected]
To subscribe to any Cynopsis edition(s) click here .
To unsubscribe , click the button at the very bottom of this email.
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM REELZCHANNEL
REELZCHANNEL presents Game On! with John Salley
Join 4-time NBA champion and TV personality John Salley as he gets up close and personal with celebrities, athletes, politicians, musicians and newsmakers. No topic is off limits as Salley shows you a side of the stars you’ve never seen before. Sundays at 10pmET/7pmPT.
Your source for all things movies, celebrities, fashion, pop culture and more.
REELZCHANNEL – TV About Movies®
Cyn opsis CLASSIFIEDS – For More classifieds, visit the Cynopsis.com classifieds page here .
JOB OPENING: SALES PLANNER/GSN/NY: BA DEGREE. MICROSOFT OFFICE. DEAL MAINTENANCE, SALES PROPOSALS AND ADMIN FUNCTIONS. PLEASE SEND RES AND C/L TO [email protected] (5/11)
JOB OPENING: DIR MEDIA RELATIONS/ATL: Prior cable and/or broadcast tv exp preferred.Min. 8 yrs comm. & publicity work req.See job posting at www.watchgmctv.com . Res: [email protected] (5/11)
JOB OPENING: PRODUCERS, POST PRODUCERS & AP/ATLAS MEDIA CORP/NYC: Strong writing & story skills, must be highly orgnz’d for a scripted forensics series & scripted crime series. Res to: [email protected] (5/11)
JOB OPENING: DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION COORDINATOR/Screen Media Ventures/NYC:Digital Film Dist. Entry level. Skills in computer, social media. Salary + benefits. Apply: [email protected] (5/11)
JOB OPENING: SR DIR-PROGRAMMING OPS/BET Networks/DC: Min 5 yrs at mgmt. level in TV Programming Operations- apply: [email protected] (5/7)
JOB OPENING: ANALYST, PROGRAMMING STRATEGY/BET Networks/NY: Min 2 years in cable TV research exp. Program Planning exp a plus- apply: [email protected] (5/7)
JOB OPENING: ONLINE & SOCIAL MEDIA ASST/Culver City: Coord mult dig. campaigns for clients; 1+ exp; Able to create/mng proj. plans for mktg campaigns a must; strong speaking/writing/presentation skills. Apply/req full info [email protected] (5/7)
JOB OPENING: SR ACCOUNTANT/ Culver City: -Compile & analyze financial info; prepare statements/reports; Min 3 yrs exp; production/advertising exp preferred. Apply & request full job descript. at [email protected] (5/7)
JOB OPENING: WRITER PRODUCER/Tru TV/NY: 3-5 yrs TV promos/creative serv. dep/agncy. Adv writ./produc. skills-. Resp dev., write/produce on air promos. Must know TruTV brand and convey in promos. Reel/resume: [email protected] (5/7)
JOB OPENING: VP, INT’L RESEARCH VIACOM INT’L/NY: Lead headquarter rsrch, insights & snr mgmt reporting for int’l brands. Ratings, insights research exp.Budget,team,& project mgmt exp. EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvnetworkscareers.com (5/7)
JOB OPENING: COORDINATOR, STRATEGIC MKTG/USA Network/NYC: Overall support for the Strategic team,responsible for budget record keeping,coordination of Hot Topics, ensuring accuracy for all sponsorships. www.Nbcunicareers.com req#1646 (5/6)
JOB OPENING: SALES COORDINATOR/Englewood, Co: Resp for daily account mgmt and support to the National Account Manager and the GM of Advertising Sales. BA degree and 2+ yrs of TV/Media exp. http://tinyurl.com/3qc5bxh (5/6)
JOB OPENING: JOKE/COMEDY WRITER/The Ellen DeGeneres Show/LA: For observational-style monologues. Flex/fast/positive person a must w/unique take on life. 2+yrs writing exp-fast-paced envir. req’d. Res: [email protected] (5/6)
JOB OPENING: SALES PLANNER/TV Guide Network/NY: Build media plans, steward deals, assist AE in sales process, 3+ yrs agency/network exp. Competitive salary commensurate w/ exp & excellent benefits program [email protected] (5/6)
JOB OPENING: DIR PRGMMNG & SCHEDLING-INTERNATNL/SUNDANCE/NY: Ovrsee planng & schedlng of prgmmng/contnt for intl distribtn effrts to maxmze viewrshp. 5+yr exp brdcast/cble w/internatnl mkts & emergng pltfrms [email protected] (5/6)
JOB OPENING: HR BUSINESS PARTNER/Discovery/NY: responsible for providing a blend of strategic & tactical HR support to dvlp/engage/retain talent ;5+yrs exp progressive HR generalist. www.discovery.com #3506 (5/5)
JOB OPENING: VP DEVELOPMENT/LA: LA reality company looking for devt exec with real track record of getting multiple shows on air. Competitive salary. 5+yrs exp. Resume with references: to [email protected] (5/5)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR, DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION/SABAN BRANDS/LA: 5+yrs TV Animation & Live Action series Development & Current Production experience. Apply: [email protected] (5/5)
JOB OPENING: PRODUCT DEVELOPER, NICK DIGITAL/Nickelodeon/NYC built interactive digital products previously in the Entertain/publishing arena. Knowledge of presentation layer tech EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvnetworkscareers.com (5/5)
JOB OPENING: DIR PROMO & ACTIVATION/AMC/NY: 8+yr exp devlopg/executng strtegic promo prtnrshps/campgns & licnsng for TV/Cble or Agncy. Exp findng/pitchng/closng natnl prtnershp deals to deliver rating goals. [email protected] (5/5)
JOB OPENING: DIGITAL MEDIA PLANNER/Fox Hispanic Media/NY: Build digital media plans that support online & mobile sales. 2+ yrs exp in digital ad sales or agency exp. Must be bilingual Spanish/English. www.foxcareers.com ref FNG0000385 (5/5)
JOB OPENING: ACCT MANAGER, DISTRIBUTION/TV Guide Network/NYC; Directly impact the distribution of a long-standing network working with cable/sat partners. Reports to VP. Fwd resumes to [email protected] (5/5)
JOB OPENING: AUDIENCE DVLPMT MGR/NYC: Be key consumer mktg lead for In, Style.com, helping to drive site’s audience growth while mktg new/enhanced dig. products. 2+yrs Dig. Exp/1+ yr social media mktg exp. Apply: timewarner .com (5/5)
INTERNSHIPS – These positions are for credit only – nobody gets paid here. These ads are always posted for free , and students work for school credit only. For more information on the specs for posting an Internship ad, email Trish at [email protected].
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS CREDITS ONLY: Entertainment firm/NYC: 15-25 hrs wkly. Fluent read/write Chinese reqd. Fluent read/write English reqd. Apply: [email protected] (put “Internship” in subject). (5/11)
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS CREDITS ONLY: Media firm/Beijing: 20 hrs wkly. Unique/exciting media internship overseas. Fluent Chinese reqd. Fluent English reqd. Apply: [email protected] (put “Beijing” in subject). (5/11)
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS CREDITS ONLY: MARKETING /Teaneck, NJ: 20 hrs wkly; National music education franchise business seeking creative, hands-on, multi-tasking interns for marketing department. Reliability a must. Apply: [email protected] (5/10)
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS CREDITS ONLY: GRAPHIC DESIGN/Teaneck, NJ: 20 hrs wkly. National music educ. franchise business seeking design intern w/ strong skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Word/Powerpoint is a +. Apply: [email protected] (5/10)
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS CREDITS ONLY: MEDIA FIRM/Beijing: 20 hrs wkly. Unique/exciting media internship overseas. Fluent Chinese reqd. Fluent English reqd. Apply: [email protected] (put “Beijing” in subject). (5/5)
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS CREDITS ONLY: ENTERTAINMENT FIRM/NYC: 15-25 hrs wkly. Fluent read/write Chinese reqd. Fluent read/write English reqd. Apply: [email protected] (put “nternship” in subject). (5/5)
SITUATION WANTED ADS, POSTED BY THOSE LOOKING TO BE HIRED … There is no charge for placing your Situation Wanted ad … for more information contact Trish Pihonak at [email protected]
SITUATION WANTED: RESEARCH DIR: Media, Nielsen, Hispanic Mkt, Research, Sales, and Presentation experience. Will Telecommute. Email: [email protected] (5/11)
SITUATION WANTED: SALES PLANNER/NYC: 2+ yrs Sales Network exp. created sales proposals/power point presentations, online marketing/promotions, media math, detail-oriented, multitask, prioritize, MS Office. Contact [email protected] (5/10)
SITUATION WANTED: Dedicated & Experienced ADV. SALES PLANNER (NY) Sales proposals, resolving client discrepancies, quarterly post analysis, special sales service projects, expert computer skills. Contact- [email protected] (5/10)
SITUATION WANTED: SALES POWERHOUSE in LOS ANGELES 8+ years of Domestic and International experience in Media Sales, a powerful sales closer w/ strong Rolodex of clients and guarantee of results!email me at [email protected] (5/7)
SITUATION WANTED: MARKETING/MARCOM -Successful media and ent mktg executive with experience in market planning, branding and developing advertising, promotion, & PR prgrms for traditional & digital media companies [email protected] (5/7)
SITUATION WANTED: TALENT PRODUCER—12+ yrs. expr. Booking A-List talent from entertainment to sports, music to reality. EMAIL: [email protected] (5/6)
SITUATION WANTED: DOCUMETARY. PRODUCER, DIRECTOR, WRITER in L.A. Five prime time Emmys. Credits: National Geo, PBS, Discovery, History CH, TLC and MSNBC. Contact email: [email protected] (5/6)
SITUATION WANTED: CREATIVE SERVICES – 20+yrs exp in radio news and TV promotion, plus automotive aftermarket and national nonprofit marketing. Seeking gig in AZ. More on LinkedIn or contact [email protected] (5/5)
SITUATION WANTED: RESEARCH ANALYST/NYC: 2 yrs @ media agency, TV, sports, biz IQ. Nielsen, syndicated research, MS Office, et. al. Social media exp. via sports media. Business bachelor’s & MBA. [email protected] (5/5)
E-mail [email protected] or call Trish Pihonak at 203.381.9096 for rates and specs for Job Openings.
Are you looking for a job? Post your Situation Wanted Ad here — Email [email protected] for specs.
WHAT’S ON TONIGHT – WEDNESDAY, MAY 4, 2011
ABC: The Middle, Better With You, Modern Family, Cougar Town, Happy Endings, Happy Endings
AZTECA: Cosas de la Vida, Al Extremo, Lo Que Callamos Las Mujeres
CBS: Survivor: Redemption Island, Criminal Minds, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior
CW: America’s Next Top Model [r], America’s Next Top Model
FOX: American Idol, Breaking In
ION: Without A Trace, Without A Trace, Criminal Minds
NBC: Minute to Win It, Minute to Win It [r], L&O: SVU
PBS: Secrets of the Dead, Nova, Saving the Bay
TELE: Aurora, Los Herederos del Monte, La Reina del Sur
UNIV: Teresa, Triunfo del Amor
Cynopsis Media LLC
65 Lantern Road
Stratford, CT 06614
All outgoing e-mails are scanned and sent out virus free. Copyright Cynopsis 2011
To unsubscribe from future mailings, please click here.