A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM TURNER ENTERTAINMENT NETWORKS
YOU’LL LOVE TBS
#1 networkin all of cable on all key demos
#1 in reaching young adults: median age 38
#1 acquired cable series: The Big Bang Theory TBS. VERY FUNNY.
Click for source.
Good morning. It’s Wednesday, May 16, 2012, and this is your first early morning briefing.
Utilisíma: Tu vida mas simple at 6p
ABC: Suburgatory at 830p
Bravo: Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis at 9p
CBS: Criminal Minds at 9p
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM OXYGEN
50% more original hours in 2012!
Best Ink * Girlfriend Confidential: LA * All The Right Moves * Brooklyn 11223
The Next Big Thing: NY * LA Style * BGC * Tanisha Gets Married * Thrift Wars
My Shopping Addiction * Girlfriend Confidential: NY * I’m Having Their Baby
Over 25 Million Viewers Watched Season 1 of The Glee Project!
Watch Season 2 Contenders Perform Now
Her Obsessions. Our Shows. Your Opportunity. source
PBS announced its Fall 2012 lineup including the new series Call the Midwife produced by Neal Street for BBC. Call the Midwife is a critically-acclaimed British drama that depicts midwifery in 1950s London and debuts with six episodes airing on Sundays starting September 30 to November 4 at 8p. Other fall programming includes the three-part docu-series Broadway or Bust on Sundays, September 9-23 at 8p; MASTERPIECE Classic: Upstairs Downstairs Season 2 on Sundays, October 7 to November 11 at 9p; Frontline: The Choice is back with a quadrennial election special on October 9 at 9p; and Ken Burns’ two-part, four-hour documentary The Dust Bowl airs November 18 and 19 at 8p. Under PBS Election 2012 umbrella, PBS’ news and public affairs shows include the weekly Need to Know Campaign 2012 airing Fridays at 830p; PBS NewsHour featuring the 2012 presidential debates on October 3, 16 and 22 at 9p and the vice-presidential debate on October 11 at 9p; as well as Washington Week with Gwen Ifill and National Journal airs weekly on Fridays at 8p. American Experience returns with the documentary Death and the Civil War on September 18 at 8p. The series POV spotlighting America’s independent filmmakers is back airing on Thursday from September 20 to October 25 at 10p. PBS additionally has new programming under American Masters and PBS Arts and is returning its long-running series Nature beginning October 10 at 8p, NOVA also starting October 10 at 9p, NOVA scienceNOW at 10p and Independent Lens beginning October 29 at 10p. For full details on PBS’ fall programming lineup, please visit our website at www.cynopsis.com and find PBS’ press article under Additional Industry News.
Highlights of Syfy’s summer scheduled include the premiere of three new original series. Insane or Inspired? produced by Comcast Studios debuts May 25 at 10p; a second season of Haunted Collector from Gurney Productions opens June 6 at 9p; new original series School Spirits from executive producer Mark Burnett debuts June 20 at 10p; Syfy kicks off its Saturday Original Movies with Jersey Shore Shark Attack on June 9 at 9p; a fifth season of Destination Truth from Ping Pong Productions opens July 10 at 8p; new original series Paranormal Highway from BASE Productions bows July 10 at 10p; the series finale of Eureka airs July 16 at 9p produced and distributed by Universal Cable Productions; the fourth season of Warehouse 13 from Universal Cable Productions premieres July 23 at 9p; the second season of Alphas from Universal Cable Productions and BermanBraun Television opens July 23 at 10p; Paranormal Witness debuts a second season from Raw TV on August 8 at 10p; and a third season of Face Off produced by Mission Control Media premieres August 21 at 9p.
UPFRONT 2012: A re-cap of the network presentations for today and tomorrow:
Today: TNT/TBS at 930a, Hammerstein Ballroom with a lunch reception following at 1130a at Del Posto; Estrella TV at 930a at Gotham Hall hosted by Daily Show’s Al Madrigal with appearances by Latin American superstars Ninel Conde and Hector Suarez; Fox Hispanic Media at 1130a, Ziegfeld Theatre immediately followed by lunch at Remi; CBS at 4p, Carnegie Hall followed by a reception at the Tent at Lincoln Center; Adult Swim at 9p, Roseland Ballroom with a performance by rapper T.I.
Thursday: The CW at 1030a, New York City Center; USA Network at 245p, Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center with performances by Jennifer Hudson and Mark Ronson
UPFRONT 2012: UNIVISION COMMUNICATIONS INC.
Yesterday morning, Univision Communications hosted its Upfront presentation in New York. The network unveiled its mantra Latinos live here, at Univision. The company, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary also boasts a 94% live viewership rate and a 68% unduplicated reach. Univision also revealed several digital initiatives such as Uvideos Digital Network housing thousands of hours of on-demand content set to launch this summer; the launch of new, genre-specific broadband channels; and for the first time Televisa and Univision Studios will join forces to co-produce a webnovela targeting US Hispanics with production beginning this fall; in addition to expanded distribution and discovery across its platforms via partnerships with Dish, AT&T, Hulu, YouTube, Fanhattan, iOS and Android.
Highlights of Univision Network’s 2012-2013 Programming Lineup include:
- Novelas: Univision continues to program engaging stories from its exclusive production partnership with Televisa. Two new novelas include: Amor Bravio (When the Heart Commands) and Por Ella Soy Eva (For Her, I’m Eva) with both airing Monday-Friday in primetime.
- Reality genre brings back Mira Quien Baila! (Look Who’s Dancing!) for a third season on Sundays in primetime from Univision Studios and Endemol; Nuestra Belleza (Our Latin Beauty) for a seventh season on Sundays in primetime from Univision Studios; Parodiando (Parody) for a second season on Sundays in primetime from Televisa; and Pequenos Gigantes (Little Giants) for a second season on Sundays in primetime from Televisa.
- In daytime, Univision on Fridays this summer offers up Despierta America Concert Series at 7a.
TeleFutura Network has one drama series: La Otra Cara (The Other Face) which is a re-imagining of the network’s successful novela, La Usurpadora (The Pretender). La Otra Cara will air in primetime. TeleFutura also will air movies in primetime each night including such Hollywood hits as X-Men: The Last Stand, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, Tron: Legacy and more.
Galavision Network has two series for primetime, both from Televisa: the comedic adventure Los Heroes del Norte 2 (Heroes of the North 2) and a series focused on boxing, Cloroformo. In addition, Galavision has an original docu-reality series, Mistico (Mystic) in primetime as well as the half-hour info-tainment series Detras del Saber (Behind Knowledge) airing Monday-Thursday.
ABC’s Upfront presentation was led yesterday by Paul Lee, President/ABC Entertainment Group at Lincoln Center’s Avery Fisher Hall in New York. ABC is welcoming ten new series for the 2012-2013 season along with many returning series.
ABC’s returning series include America’s Funniest Home Videos, The Bachelor, Body of Proof, Castle, Dancing with the Stars, Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, Grey’s Anatomy, Happy Endings, Last Man Standing, The Middle, Modern Family, Once Upon a Time, Primetime: What Would You Do?, Private Practice, Revenge, Scandal, Shark Tank, Suburgatory, 20/20 and Wife Swap.
ABC Fall 2012 Primetime Schedule: (new shows in italic and bold)
Monday: Dancing with the Stars, Castle
Monday (January): The Bachelor, Castle
Tuesday: Dancing with the Stars the Results Show, Happy Endings, Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, Private Practice
Tuesday (January): How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) at 8p, The Family Tools at 830p
Wednesday: The Middle, Suburgatory, Modern Family, The Neighbors, Nashville
Thursday: Last Resort, Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal
Friday: Shark Tank, Primetime: What Would You Do?, 20/20
Friday (November): Last Man Standing, Malibu Country, Shark Tank, 20/20
Saturday: Saturday Night College Football
Sunday: America’s Funniest Home Videos, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, 666 Park Avenue
ABC’s new fall and mid-season dramas:
- 666 Park Avenue Drama focuses on the ominous address of 666 Park Avenue where the residents of The Drake have made a Faustian contract that comes with a price. An idealistic young Midwest couple Jane Van Veen (Rachael Taylor) and Henry Martin (Dave Annable) become the managers of this historic apartment building where they fall prey to the machinations of Gavin Doran (Terry O’Quinn) and his mysterious wife, Olivia (Vanessa Williams). Based on the book series by Gabriella Pierce, the series also stars Robert Buckley, Mercedes Masohn, Helena Mattsson and Samantha Logan. Produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Alloy Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television.
- Last Resort Captain Marcus Chaplin (Andre Braugher) leads the US ballistic missile submarine Colorado which received the order to fire nuclear weapons at Pakistan. Series also stars Scott Speedman, Daisy Betts, Dichen Lachman, Daniel Lissing, Sahr Ngaujah, Camille de Pazzis, Autumn Reeser and Jessy Schram; Robert Patrick is a recurring guest star. Produced by Middkid Productions in association with Sony Pictures Television.
- Mistresses Drama based on a UK series about the scandalous lives of a sexy and sassy group of four girlfriends. Series stars Alyssa Milano, Yunjin Kim, Rochelle Aytes, Jes Macallan, Jason George, Brett Tucker and Erik Stocklin. ABC Studios is producing.
- Nashville Musical drama from Callie Khouri about Rayna James (Connie Britton), a country music legend whose popularity is beginning to wane. Up-and-coming newcomer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere) is young and sexy and is set to steal Rayna’s spotlight. Series also stars Powers Booth, Charles Esten, Eric Close, Clare Bowen, Jonathan Jackson, Sam Palladio and Robert Wisdom. Produced by Lionsgate, ABC Studios and Gaylord Entertainment.
- Red Widow After her husband is murdered, Marta (Radha Mitchell) takes on organized crime and ruthless drug business to protect herself and her three children. Based on the Dutch series Penoza. Series also stars Wil Traval, Erin Moriarty, Lee Tergesen, Jakob Salvati, Mido Hamada, Luke Goss, Jaime Ray Newman, Suleka Mathew and Rade Serbedzija. Produced by ABC Studios.
- Zero Hero Confessed paranormal junkie, Hank Galliston (Anthony Edwards) finds his wife Laila (Jacinda Barrett) abducted from her antique clock shop and Hank gets pulled into one of the most compelling mysteries in human history. Series also stars Carmen Ejogo, Scott Michael Foster, Addison Timlin and Michael Nyqvist. Produced by ABC Studios.
ABC’s new fall and mid-season comedies include:
- How To Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life) Sarah Chalke stars as Polly, a young single mom who a year after her divorce moves back home with her eccentric parents, Elaine (Elizabeth Perkins) and Max (Brad Garrett). Series also stars Jon Dore, Rachel Eggleston, Orlando Jones and Rebecca Delgado Smith. Produced by 20th Century Fox and Imagine Television.
- Malibu Country When Reba Gallagher (Reba) discovers her country music legend husband, Bobby (Jeffrey Nordling) has cheated on her, she takes hold of her dream to become a country music star herself and moves to California with her two kids and her sharp-tongued mother Lillie May (Lily Tomlin). From Kevin Abbott who executive produces with Michael Hanel and Mindy Schultheis. Series also stars Sara Rue, Justin Prentice, Juliette Angelo and Jai Rodriguez. Produced by ABC Studios.
- The Neighbors Debbie (Jami Gertz) and Marty (Lenny Venito) Weaver buy a new home in a coveted New Jersey gated community, Hidden Hills to give their three kids a better life. The Weavers discover though their neighbors, in fact the entire community is comprised of aliens from Zabvron where men bear children and everyone cries green goo from their ears. The series also stars Simon Templeman, Toks Olagundoye, Clara Mamet, Tim Jo, Ian Patrick, Max Charles and Isabella Cramp. ABC Studios is producing.
- The Family Tools Jack Shea (Kyle Bornheimer) takes over the family handyman business after his father Tony (J.K. Simmons) has a heart attack. Jack’s past career efforts have been failures and everyone seems to be waiting for him to fail again. Series also stars Edi Gathegi, Johnny Pemberton, Danielle Nicolet and Leah Remini. The series is produced by ABC Studios.
A couple of other programming notes from ABC’s Upfront:
- Paul Lee said yesterday on the conference call prior to the formal presentation that he would like to “see some Marvel projects come to television.” A series based on the Hulk is in development at ABC though the project could not be readied in time for next season. Guillermo del Toro is developing the project for ABC after Disney purchased Marvel Entertainment in 2009.
- The 15th edition of Dancing with the Stars this fall will feature former competitors making it an “All-Star” season.
UPFRONT 2012: Telemundo Media
Telemundo announced its 2012-2013 programming lineup containing more than 800 hours of original content which increases the network’s original programming roster by close to 40%. The new programming consists of six new telenovelas, two daytime shows and a reality competition series.
Telemundo’s new telenovelas include:
- El Rostro de la Venganza (The Face of Revenge) After spending most of his life in jail for a crime he cannot remember of committing, 30 year-old Diego is released from jail and takes on the persona as Martin with help from his psychiatrist Antonia. Martin and Antonia become romantically involved and Antonia tries to dig into the past to uncover the truth and prove Diego/Martin’s innocence. A Telemundo Studios production.
- El Senor de los Cielos (The Lord of the Heavens) Damian transforms himself from a humble peasant into one of the world’s richest men and a powerful drug trafficker wanted by the DEA. Damian’s life turns into a quest for survival when his enemies start hunting him down and the DEA closes in. The only way out is to start a new life as a completely different man which means he goes through facial reconstruction. A Telemundo Studios production.
- La Patrona (The Patron) Adriana Ordonez’s life has been hardship after hardship and following the death of her parents, she is taken in by Mari Cruz Perez, the distinguished Beltran family’s chef. Mari becomes a foster mother to Adriana and her takes a turn for the bad when she falls in love with the fiance of one of the Beltran family’s daughters. A Telemundo Studios production.
- Pasion Prohibida (Forbidden Passion) Mariana is driven by hatred for her mother, Deborah who blames her for her father’s death. Mariana marries Juan Pablo, an older wealthy widower whom her mother has her eyes on. Instead of loving Juan, Mariana falls in love with her husband’s nephew, Bruno. A Telemundo Studios production.
- Nace un Idolo (An Idol is Born) A serialized biography on the real-life story of Jose Sosa Ortiz, best known as Jose Jose, “El Principe de la Cancion” (The Prince of Song). The series highlights his passion and the excitement of the superstar. A Telemundo Studios production.
- Fina Estampa (Fine Pedigree) Griselda is determined to provide for her family after her husband apparently disappears at sea. She becomes a handyman and leads a hard-working and humble woman. One of her sons gets engaged to the daughter of a wealthy woman who thinks Griselda is beneath her. Griselda then wins $25 million in a lottery and her life suddenly changes and her supposedly dead husband returns. A Telemundo Studios and TV Globo co-production.
- La Reina del Sur 2 (Queen of the South 2) Telemundo also announced it has acquired the rights to the sequel of La Reina del Sur the network’s big hit and one of the highest-rated novella in the company’s history. Production and air dates TBA.
Telemundo’s two new daytime shows are:
- Cuauhtemoc Daytime talk show starring Carlos Cuauhtemoc Sanchez, a popular author and international motivational speaker as he hosts a show where couples and families will overcome their personal issues and struggles.
- Virgen Morena (The Virgin of Guadalupe) Drama series featuring self-contained episodes that highlight moving stories inspired by true events where people facing a life struggle look at Our Lady of Guadalupe for a miraculous resolution to their problem. This series marks the first time in the industry a daytime novela is produced exclusively for US Hispanics.
The one reality series for Telemundo:
- Yo Me Llamo (My Name Is) Based on an international hit, Yo Me Llamo is a talent competition where talented amateur singers/performers compete to win a grand prize by transforming themselves into their favorite musical icon.
UPFRONT 2012: Discovery U.S. Hispanic
Yesterday, Discovery U.S. Hispanic, home of Discovery en Espanol and Discovery Familia revealed its 2012-2013 Upfront roster. (Please see our sister publication, Cynopsis Kids for details on Discovery Familia kids’ programming.)
This year’s theme for the Discovery U.S. Hispanic is “Discover How Far Curiosity Can Take You” which permeates the network’s new slate of programming. John Hendricks, Founder/Chairman, Discovery Communications was on hand at the afternoon presentation to help unveil the programming lineup.
Discovery en Espanol 2012-2013 Programming:
- Norteamerica (North America) is described as the “most ambitious documentary to date on the North American continent.” Filming began in 2009 and offers a comprehensive look at the continent’s wonders.
- Volando Por El Mundo (Earth Flight) uses birds as guides on an epic journey exploring spectacular wildlife and physical wonders of the world. Unlike a satellite image, the filming is constantly moving, like a bird in flight and is three-dimensional.
- 2111: Season 2 is back hosted by Mexican journalist, Idzi Sanchez and is a follow-up to the series that offered a view into what the future holds for Latin America in the year 2111. A US Hispanic Production.
- Batalla de Ingenios marks the network’s first original game show designed as an engineering competition series where 12 highly-skilled people in an 8-stage elimination challenge each other to compete for the grand prize of time. The winner will get a full year off to do as they please. The challenges are based on Discovery’s programming genres such as science, nature, survival and real-life experiences. A US Hispanic Production.
- Hard Kicks is a one-hour series focused on everything soccer. The action follows a professional soccer club battling for championships in towns where winning is supreme. A US Hispanic Production.
- Rinocerontes: Caceria Ilegal (Rhino Wars) centers on a group of private game reserves in South Africa that are fighting back against illegal rhino poachers by employing former US Special Forces operatives.
- Pescadores Extremos (Top Hooker) is an energetic competition series where 10 fishermen are put into two teams and they go head to head in a series of crazy fishing challenges.
- Hasta que la Mafia Nos Separe (I Married a Mobster) introduces viewers to women who married into big mafia families. Lorraine Bracco narrates and executive produces the docu-series.
- Vivir para Contario relates stories of ordinary people who have been caught in dangerous situations by accident, natural disasters and natural occurrences and survive. A US Hispanic Production.
- Amor Asesino (Scorned: Love Kills) delves deep into sordid stories of betrayal and deception and gives viewers a voyeuristic look into the lust and obsession that generates violent acts.
- Fiebre del Oro (Gold Rush) is back and follows Todd and Jack Hoffman, two determined guys in search of gold in the wilds of the far north.
- Monstruos de Rio (River Monsters) is back on the network with seasons 4 and 5.
Discovery Familia has four new series for primetime (9p to 12a):
- 10 anos Menos (10 Years Younger) is an original makeover show where women who are have let themselves go are transformed. A US Hispanic Production.
- Sexy y Saludable (Eat Yourself Sexy) returns for a new season led by international nutrition expert, Gillian McKeith who teaches 13 women how to eat right into a sexy new body in just eight weeks.
- Enigmas Medicos (Mystery Diagnosis) profiles people who have undiagnosed or misdiagnosed ailments.
- El Localizador (The Locator) centers on Troy Dunn who specializes in finding missing people.
Mark your calendars! Help us salute the year’s most outstanding communications initiatives and kids programming in the dynamic Kids media industry on Thursday, June 7 from 8 10:30 a.m. at Le Parker Meridien NY. Register: http://www.cynopsis.com/events/kids-awards/.
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM TELEMUNDO MEDIA
Telemundo.com is leading in online engagement among TV network sitesCome find out what’s going on…
Contact Dan Lovinger, EVP Sales & Integrated Marketing, [email protected]
Production commenced this week in Israel on the second season of Showtime’s drama series Homeland starring Claire Danes and Damian Lewis. After filming for two weeks in Israel, production will move to Charlotte, NC for the rest of the principal photography. Season two is set to premiere on Showtime September 30 at 10p.
Casting Call: GSN (Game Show Network) and the creators of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is looking for Bible fans to apply to appear on The American Bible Challenge, a new game show hosted by Jeff Foxworthy. Casting sessions are taking place across the US beginning this weekend in Sacramento on May 18-19; Los Angeles May 18-June 3; Atlanta May 25-26; Chicago June 1-3; and Dallas June 1-3. The American Bible Challenge is a studio-based game show produced by RelativityREAL for GSN. Interested participants can visit: http://tv.gsn.com/shows/the-american-bible-challenge/casting/.
Casting Call: Cooking Channel from CBS Eye Productions and hosted by Mo Rocca, is casting for the series My Grandmother’s Ravioli. The show is looking for grandmothers and grandfathers of all ethnicities aged 50 to 100 years old. Big personalities that are warm, fun, outgoing, sweet and even curmudgeonly are welcome. Be ready to share interesting family histories and/or grandmotherly/grandfatherly advice. Accents and English as a second language is not a problem. Applicants from the Tri-State area are preferred. Please send an email to: [email protected] and include a recent photo and your contact information (email, phone number and address).
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM ESPN
Invigorate your plans using ESPN‘s proven, goal-quenching formula:
107 million fans
Men’s favorite television network
#1 mobile content site
#1 magazine reaching men 18-34
100% commitment to your brand’s success
Check out these videos to see why fans spend 9.5 hours per week satisfying their thirst for live sports and entertainment.
Top Ten Basic Cable Ad Supported Network Rankings among A18-49 for the week of: 5/7-5/13/12
Primetime (000) Total Pgm Day (000)
TNT 1590 TNT 746
USA 912 ADSM* 700
TBSC 886 USA 459
HIST 720 HIST 444
ADSM 640 TBSC 423
FX 635 NICK 412
AEN 592 ESPN 378
ESPN 535 NAN* 375
DISC 521 FX 368
NBCS 516 AEN 348
Source: Turner Research from The Nielsen Company data.
All ratings based on Total US Television Universe of 114,700,000 homes.
* = Network broadcasts less than 51% of minutes in a 24 hour day.
Notes: Program-based, strict daypart averages. Primetime is Mon-Sat 8P-11P and Sun 7P-11P. Total day is Mon-Sun 6A-6A for household and demographic performance.
Top Ten Basic Cable Ad Supported Network Rankings among Total Viewers for the week of: 5/7-5/13/12
Primetime (000) Total Pgm Day (000)
TNT 2972 NICK 1637
USA 2478 DSNY 1474
DSNY 2200 TNT 1457
HIST 1760 ADSM* 1303
FOXN 1737 USA 1089
TBSC 1631 TOON 1074
ADSM 1381 FOXN 1017
FX 1239 HIST 987
AEN 1224 NAN* 848
FOOD 1116 TBSC 744
Source: Turner Research from The Nielsen Company data.
All ratings based on Total US Television Universe of 114,700,000 homes.
* = Network broadcasts less than 51% of minutes in a 24 hour day.
Notes: Program-based, strict daypart averages. Primetime is Mon-Sat 8P-11P and Sun 7P-11P. Total day is Mon-Sun 6A-6A for household and demographic performance.
Top 10 Cable Programs among A18-49 (000) for the week of: 5/7-5/13/12
TNT Denver/L.A. Lakers 5/12 3825
TNT L.A. Lakers/Denver 2721
TNT Denver/L.A. Lakers 5/8 2605
TNT L.A. Clippers/Memphis 2527
TNT New York/Miami 2478
ESPN Memphis/L.A. Clippers 2279
TNT Philadelphia/Boston 2245
USA WWE Entertainment 9p 2147
TNT Boston/Atlanta 2124
TNT Memphis/L.A. Clippers 2115
Source: Turner Research from Nielsen Media Research Data.
All ratings based on Total US Television Universe of 114,700,000 homes
Top 10 Broadcast Programs among A18-49 rating/share and (000) for the week of 5/7-5/13/12
FOX American Idol WED 4.5/13 5727
CBS The Big Bang Theory 4.4/15 5622
NBC The Voice Results Show 4.4/12 5601
ABC Modern Family 4.4/12 5587
FOX American Idol THURS 4.0/13 5168
CBS Two and a Half Men 3.8/10 4824
NBC The Voice 3.8/10 4881
ABC Grey’s Anatomy 3.5/10 4429
ABC Once Upon a Time 3.3/10 4230
CBS 2 Broke Girls 3.3/10 4257
Source: Nielsen Media Research, Galaxy Explorer, Live + SD Data
Broadcast Evening News Weekly Average Ratings (week of May 7, 2012)
NBC: 7.93 million total viewers; 1.8/7 and 2.12 million A25-54
ABC: 7.37 million total viewers; 1.6/7 and 1.95 million A25-54
CBS: 5.73 million total viewers; 1.4/6 and 1.66 million A25-54
Source: Nielsen, NTI Total Viewers and A25-54 Live + SD
Saturday A18-49 Analysis: FOX raced to the finish line first on Saturday posting a 1.7/6 A18-49, according to final primetime national ratings from Nielsen. At 8p, FOX’s NASCAR race won at 1.6/7 followed by a tie between ABC’s movie and CBS’ CSI: Miami rerun at 0.5/2 each. FOX continued its winning streak through 9p with more of the Live from Darlington race at 1.7/7 and CBS’ Crimetime Saturday was next at 0.8/3. FOX’s NASCAR ratings ended on a surge at 10p with a 2.0/7 and CBS was once again trailing in second place with 48 Hours Mystery at 1.2/4.
Live + Same Day Household Ratings: Saturday, May 12, 2012 (May Sweep Day #17) time period averages. Source: NTI, Galaxy as dated. Live+SD.
FOX: 3.9/7 FOX NASCAR Sprint Cup: Live from Darlington [approx. 715p start] 3.8/8
CBS: 3.5/6 CSI: Miami [r] 2.1/4, Crimetime Saturday 3.9/7, 48 Hours Mystery 4.4/8
NBC: 1.9/4 Harry’s Law [r] 1.9/4, The Firm 1.5/3, Law & Order: SVU [r] 2.4/4
ABC: 1.3/2 ABC Saturday Movie of the Week: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End [r] 1.3/2
UNIV: 1.0/2 Liga Mexicana Futbol: Monterrey vs. America 0.9/2
ION: 0.5/1 Psych Sat 8P 0.4/1, Psych Sat 9P 0.5/1, Psych Sat 10P 0.6/1
TELE: 0.5/1 Marav Mundo de Disney [7p start] 0.3/1, UP 0.6/1
TF: 0.4/1 Cineplex 3 Sat [r] 0.4/1, Cineplex 3B Sat 0.4/1
A18-49: FOX 1.7/6, CBS 0.8/3, ABC 0.6/2, UNIV 0.6/2, NBC 0.5/2, TELE 0.4/2, TF 0.3/1, ION 0.2/1
Sunday A18-49 Analysis: ABC was successful Sunday night taking charge of the A18-49 demo with a 2.8/8, according to final primetime national ratings from Nielsen. ABC opened the night a winner with America’s Funniest Home Videos at 1.6/6 and CBS’ 60 Minutes was second at 1.2/5. For the rest of the night it was the same with ABC and CBS in close contention though ABC prevailed each hour: at 8p ABC’s Once Upon a Time was #1 at 3.3/10 beating out CBS’ Survivor: One World Finale at 2.8/8. At 9p, the series finale of ABC’s Desperate Housewives topped at 3.2/8 and CBS’ Survivor: One World Finale was a couple of paces behind at 3.0/8. Then at 10p, ABC’s Desperate Housewives finished its series run and the night a winner at 3.4/9 and CBS’ Survivor: One World Reunion Special came next at 2.3/6.
Live + Same Day Household Ratings: Sunday, May 13, 2012 (May Sweep Day #18) time period averages. Source: NTI, Galaxy as dated. Live+SD.
ABC: 5.8/10 America’s Funniest Home Videos 3.8/8, Once Upon a Time 5.6/10, Desperate Housewives 6.9/11
CBS: 5.6/10 60 Minutes 6.3/13, Survivor: One World Finale 5.8/10, Survivor: One World Reunion Special 4.4/7
NBC: 3.5/6 Dateline SUN 2.3/5, Harry’s Law 4.8/8, Celebrity Apprentice 3.4/6
FOX: 2.2/4 The Simpsons [r] 1.3/3, The Cleveland Show 1.6/3, The Simpsons 2.3/4, Bob’s Burgers 2.1/4, Family Guy 3.0/5, American Dad 2.6/4
UNIV: 1.4/2 Intimamente Com Amigs 0.7/1, Nuestra Belleza 1.7/3, Sal y Pimienta 1.6/3, Aqui y Ahora 1.5/3
ION: 0.7/1 Flashpoint 7PM 0.5/1, Flashpoint 8PM 0.5/1, Flashpoint 9PM 0.7/1, Flashpoint 10PM 0.9/1
TELE: 0.4/1 Pa’Lante con Cristina 0.4/1, Cine Exclusivo: Twilight 0.5/1
TF: 0.3/1 Cine de Las Estrel Sun 2 0.3/1
A18-49: ABC 2.8/8, CBS 2.4/7, FOX 1.7/5, NBC 1.3/4, UNIV 0.9/3, TELE 0.4/1, TF 0.3/1, ION 0.2/1
Monday A18-49 Analysis: In a night full of talent, CBS out-ranked the competition Monday at 3.3/9 with A18-49, according to final primetime national ratings from Nielsen. It was tried and true How I Met Your Mother in a one-hour edition that put CBS in #1 at 8p with a 3.7/11 and the season launch of America’s Got Talent on NBC was second at 3.6/10. NBC topped at 9p with the second half of America’s Got Talent premiere at 3.8/10 and CBS’ sitcoms Two and a Half Men and Mike & Molly were a close second at an average of 3.7/10. Also during 9p, ABC debuted a new installment of The Bachelorette which posted a 2.6/6 for its first half-hour at 930p. CBS’ Hawaii Five-O polished off the final win of the night at 2.7/7 and ABC’s new season premiere of The Bachelorette was next at 2.5/7.
Live + Same Day Household Ratings: Monday, May 14, 2012 (May Sweep Day #19) time period averages. Source: NTI, Galaxy as dated. Live+SD.
ABC: 7.8/12 Dancing with the Stars 10.2/16, The Bachelorette [p] 5.3/8
CBS: 6.4/10 How I Met Your Mother 5.0/8, Two and a Half Men 7.1/11, Mike & Molly 7.3/11, Hawaii Five-O 7.1/11
NBC: 5.4/8 America’s Got Talent [p] 6.0/9, Smash 4.0/6
FOX: 4.3/7 Bones 4.5/7, House 4.1/6
UNIV: 2.3/4 Una Familia con Suerte 2.0/3, Abismo de Pasion 2.3/4, La Que No Podia Amar 2.4/4
CW: 0.9/1 Gossip Girl 0.8/1, Hart of Dixie 1.0/2
ION: 0.8/1 Cold Case 0.6/1, Cold Case 0.7/1, Criminal Minds 1.0/2
TELE: 0.7/1 Maid en Manhattan 0.8/1, Corazon Valiente 0.7/1, Relaciones Peligrosas 0.5/1
TF: 0.3/0 Cine en Familia Mon [7p start r] 0.2/0, Cine de Las Estrellas Mon 0.3/0
A18-49: CBS 3.3/9, NBC 3.1/8, ABC 2.6/7, FOX 2.1/6, UNIV 1.7/5, CW 0.6/2, TELE 0.5/1, ION 0.3/1, TF 0.2/1
Paul Butler was appointed GM of ASPiRE, the new African American network ready to launch next month that counts Earvin “Magic” Johnson as its Chairman. Based at the network’s headquarters in Atlanta, Paul will oversee all operations of ASPiRE and report to Johnson and the network’s Board of Directors. Paul joins from GMC TV where he most recently served as GMC’s SVP/General Counsel. He will continue to fulfill his duties at GMC until he transitions full-time to ASPiRE in June.
Millennium Sales & Marketing, a division of the Katz Television Group elevated Grant Covell to SVP. Grant will manage all Sinclair stations repped by Millennium Sales & Marketing. Grant is based in Chicago.
Nicola Drago takes on the new responsibility as SVP/Strategy and New Business at Zodiak Active, the digital unit of Zodiak Media. This new role for Nicola is in addition to her current position as CEO of Zodiak America Latina.
Effective immediately, BBC Worldwide, the commercial unit of the BBC promoted Parul Patel to VP/Factual Co-Productions and Sales. Parul will continue to supervise co-production and sales efforts with broadcast partners on a variety of programming genres including natural history, news and current affairs, lifestyle and general entertainment titles. Parul reports to Greg Johnson, SVP/TV Sales, Factual.
KWHY-TV, the independent Spanish language TV station in Los Angeles, hired Jon Dubin as the new NSM. Jon, who is an experienced industry veteran, will lead the station’s national sales efforts as they TV station transitions to MundoFox 22.
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE
*Gift Certificate winners will be contacted on Friday, May 18*
This day in History: 1946 – Musical “Annie Get Your Gun,” starring Ethel Merman premieres in NYC.
Answer to Our Last Trivia Question: What TV show replaced The Man From Uncle on Monday nights at 8p in 1968? Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In. Kudos to: Frank Belcastro-The Workshop/Bryn Mawr; Kathy Alexander-Media Consultant/Northfield Center, OH; Paul Gluck-Magnetic North Media/Ardmore,PA; Joel Segall-Monterey Media/NYC; Bob Sieber-Birmingham; Ron Salcedo-Zimmerman/Nashville; John Kukla-KDFW/Dallas; Dan Whitford-RPM Advertising/Chicago; Jeph Loeb-Marvel Television, Inc/Glendale, CA; Rob Maron-I’m Serious Productions/LA; Lee Toft-The DuBose Group/Woodland Hills, CA; Bonnie Myers Teed-Magaurn Video/Portland.
Today’s Trivia Question: Where did Dr. “Mike” Quinn, Medicine Woman hail from? (Email [email protected] with your answer and be sure to include your name, company, city and time zone. Unofficial rules: Only the second four correct answers from each time zone will be mentioned; and once you’ve been mentioned in any of the Cynopsis editions, you can’t be mentioned again that calendar week.)
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE
Who will win an !magination Award this year? You won’t want to miss this must-attend industry event!
Thursday, June 7, 2012
8:00 – 10:30am
Le Parker Meridien
New York City
Later — Cyn & Lisa
Cynthia Turner – Founder and Publisher / [email protected]
Lisa Ball – Contributing Editor / [email protected]
Cynopsis Ad Sales:
Mike Farina – VP/Sales and Marketing – 203-218-6480 / [email protected]
Classifieds – Trish Pihonak- 888-702-3858 / [email protected]
To subscribe to any Cynopsis edition(s) click here.
To unsubscribe from this edition, click here.
Cynopsis CLASSIFIEDS – For More classifieds, visit the Cynopsis.com classifieds page here .
JOB OPENING: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE/SCRIPPS NETWORKS/ATLANTA: Develop new ad sales accounts & grow existing business. Minimum 6 yrs. National Ad Sales, Agency or Client exp. Info: http://www.scrippsnetworksinteractive.com #3046 (5/23)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR PROGRAMMING/NFL Network/LA: Dvlps/executes ntwrk prmg strategies, oversees schedlng /long term prmg plng; 7-10 yrs prmg/schdling or rsrch exp in TV industry Please apply www.nfl.apply2jobs.com (5/23)
JOB OPENING: ACCT EXEC. AD SALES/NY: Multimedia co. seeks AE w/ 7+ yrs TV ad sales exp. Excellent agency relationships & proven track record. Sports bckgnd a +. Send resume and cov ltr Attn: Rose to [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: VP of DEVLPMNT/Denver: Reality TV developer/producer w/7 yrs exp in reality series devlpmnt & prod wanted for Denver based Production Co. Relationships with reality nets a +. Resume: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: REALITY TV SHOW RUNNER/Denver: 5 yrs exp producing cable series, ability to work w/ co. execs to deliver productions on time, on quality, on budget for Denver based Prod Co. Resume: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: REALITY TV CREW: 7 yrs exp on major cable or broadcast networks. Position can be remote or based in our Denver hq’s. Ability to add to the creative vision of project a must. Resume: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: ASSIGNMENT EDITOR/RNN TV/Rye Brook/NY: Research and story development and crew logistics. Assist in development, planning and follow up of all news stories. Res/cvr: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: LINE PRODUCER (News) RNN TV/Rye Brook/NY: Line and stack daily news broadcasts. Must have TV news producing experience. Res/cvr: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: MASTER CONTROL OPERATOR/RNN TV/Rye Brook/NY: operate control room boards & monitor programming, log all transmitter readings, overnight & wkend hours avail. Resume: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR/RNN TV: assist director of ops, supervise master control team and live events; manage schedules, implement policies and train news employees. Resume: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: DIR, SCHEDULING/WEtv/NYC: Oversees all aspects of short term ntwrk prmg strategies, inventory usage, comp analysis, stunt prmg; 2+yrs mgr or above pgmming/rsrch, resumes to: [email protected] (5/19)
JOB OPENING: WRITER/PRODUCER/Lifetime TV/NY: Write & produce high impact promo campaigns for scripted & unscripted series. 3+yrs On-Air Promo TV exp. Apply: www.aenetworks.com/careers.html (5/19)
JOB OPENING: DIG. MEDIA ANALYST/A+E NETWORKS/NY: Define analytics reqs for web, mobile/gaming/social apps.Lead A/B testing, implementation, QA. Build reports/prsntions.3+yrs Omniture/reqd. 5yrs web anlytic www.aenetworks.com/careers (5/19)
JOB OPENING: ADV-PLATFORM ASSET PROD MGR/AMC/NYC: Manage product life-cycle & project plan effectively for progmmng content delivered to VOD, iTunes, Netflix. Submit res at: http://tinyurl.com/c9m33x9 (5/18)
JOB OPENING: SCHEDULING MANAGER/WE tv/NYC: research/analyze competitive data, create monthly VOD schedule, strategic scheduling Resumes to: [email protected] (5/18)
JOB OPENING: SR DIGITAL SALES PLANNER/NYC/ABC: 3 yrs exp: rsrch/planning/executing dig campaigns, client service driven, manage multiple projs, manipulate data for analysis/presentation. Apply to: www.disneycareers.com Req:44469 (5/17)
JOB OPENING: MGR DIGITAL INTEGRATED MARKETING/MTVN/NYC: overseeing the life cycle of assigned advrtsng spnsorshps & prgrms across dgtal, mobile, social, video production & event mrkting. EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvnetworkscareers.com (5/17)
JOB OPENING: AE-DIGITAL /NYC/ABC Network Sales: Devlp/maintain strategic accounts/sponsorship deals for abc.com, abcnews.com, GMA on Yahoo!, Oscar.com, SOAPnet.com & Hulu Network Apply to: www.disneycareers.com req ID: 44397 (5/17)
JOB OPENING: DIR, ON AIR PROMO/LOGO/NYC: 5 – 7 yrs exp. promo/advertising; excellent conceptual & creative thinker; passion for ent, promo & brand building; strong comm skills a must. EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvnetworkscareers.com (5/17)
JOB OPENING: SR MANAGER PROGRAM RESEARCH/NBC Universal/NY: 5+ years Program Research experience required. Experience with Explorer/Arianna/Npower needed. Must have mgmt & presentation exp. Apply: www.nbcunicareers.com Job #4291 (5/17)
JOB OPENING: SR DIR, NATL ACCTS/WWE/LA: Oversee affiliate sales & marketing for Western Reg across multi-platform prods (PPV, on-demand, altern distrib, netwk launch, etc) 10+ yrs including premium netwk expr: www.wwe-careers.com (5/17)
JOB OPENING: DIG OPTIMIZATION MGR/New York: Drive Ad Sales Rev thru Direct & 2nd Channel Partnerships & Solutions across A+E Networks Dig initiatives http://www.aenetworks.com/careers (5/17)
JOB OPENING: TRAFFIC COORD/TV One/NY: BA pref’d and/or 2 yrs of exp TV Ops & Traffic. Build daily comm. log within parameters to ensure accuracy. Wrk w/ Ad sales mgmt, traffic mgmt. and agencies. More info: www.tvone.tv (5/17)
JOB OPENING: COPY COORD/TV One/NY: BA pref’d and/or 2 yrs of exp in TV Ops & Traffic. Wrk w/external agencies & traffic mgmt to secure commercial copy for network. Brdway exp a +. Visit www.tvone.tv (5/17)
INTERNSHIPS – These positions are for credit only – nobody gets paid here. These ads are always posted for free, and students work for school credit only. For more information on the specs for posting an Internship ad, email Trish at [email protected].
SUMMER INTERNSHIP CREDITS ONLY: SUMMER INTERN/NY: Multimedia co. seeks intern to assist in network production, programming and misc. projects. Min of 2 days/wk. Computer proficiency & sports interest a +. Res: [email protected] (5/17)
SITUATION WANTED ADS, POSTED BY THOSE LOOKING TO BE HIRED… There is no charge for placing your Situation Wanted ad… for more information contact Trish Pihonak at [email protected].
SITUATION WANTED: SPORTS WRITER/RADIO PERSONALITY: Experience hosting sports show. Contributor for Bleacherreport & 4th Phase Blog. Previous experience at two Knoxville radio stations. [email protected] (5/23)
SITUATION WANTED: PRODUCER’S ASSISTANT/LA: Has been Asst. Producer for Kevin Costner. Line Producer & Accountant for indie feature. Completed the Disney Intern Program. MBA in Entertainment and MS Finance. [email protected] (5/22)
SITUATION WANTED: WRITER’S/SHOW RUNNER’S ASSISTANT/ LA: Has worked 4-cam sitcom, 1-cam writers’ rooms and as executive producer gatekeeper. Great proof and coverage skills. Very experienced with Final Draft. [email protected] (5/17)
E-mail [email protected] or call Trish Pihonak at 888.702.3858 for rates and specs for Job Openings.
Are you looking for a job? Post your Situation Wanted Ad here — Email [email protected] for specs.
WHAT’S ON TONIGHT – WEDNESDAY, MAY 16, 2012
ABC: The Middle, Suburgatory [f], Modern Family, Don’t Trust the B…, Revenge
AZTECA: Extra Normal, Al Extremo, Fabrica de Huevos
CBS: Mike & Molly [r], Rules of Engagement [r], Criminal Minds [f]
CW: America’s Next Top Model [r], America’s Next Top Model
FOX: American Idol
ION: Cold Case, Cold Case, Criminal Minds
NBC: Betty White’s Off Their Rockers, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers, Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: SVU
PBS: Nature, Nova, Bones of Turkana
TELE: Una Maid en Manhattan, Corazon Valiente, Relaciones Peligrosas
UNIV: Una Familia con Suerte; Abismo de Pasion, La Que No Podia Amar
Cynopsis Media, a division of Access Intelligence
65 Lantern Road
Stratford, CT 06614
Copyright Cynopsis 2012
All outgoing e-mails are scanned and sent out virus free. Copyright Cynopsis 2012
To unsubscribe from just this Cynopsis email, please click here.