A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM TURNER ENTERTAINMENT NETWORKS
Dallas • Rizzoli & Isles • Falling Skies • Leverage • Franklin & Bash
Major Crimes • Perception • The Great Escape
TBS: SMART AND FUNNY– Conan • The Big Bang Theory • Family Guy • For Better or For Worse • Men at Work • Sullivan & Son • Wedding Band • King of the Nerds • Cougar Town
With TNT and TBS you get great entertainment on the TV screen,
and on every screen. Whenever. Wherever.
Good morning. It’s Tuesday, May 15, 2012, and this is your first early morning briefing.
Bravo: Pregnant in Heels at 10p
Military Channel: Narrow Escapes of WWII at 10p
CBS: NCIS at 8p; NCIS: Los Angeles at 9p
The CW: 90210 at 8p
ABC: Private Practice at 10p
NBC: Fashion Star at 10p
Oxygen: Best Ink at 10p
Syfy: Dream Machines at 10p
TLC: The Little Couple at 10p
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM OXYGEN
OXYGENdelivers the #1 social audience in cable reality with more than 3.27 MM comments and over 6.1 MM fans YTD
NOW, OXYGEN takes social to the next level, with OXYGEN CONNECT
The talent-powered social experience online, and via mobile and Facebook apps, where fans can:
Synch with shows live * Interact with stars * Earn rewards
Launching with THE GLEE PROJECT SEASON 2 TUE JUNE 5 10/9c.
Connect @ GenerationO.tv source.
The second original scripted drama series on tap for REELZCHANNEL is a spy thriller titled XIII premiering June 29 at 9p. XIII stars Stuart Townsend, Aisha Tyler and Virginie Ledoyen about a man’s quest to uncover the truth about his identity while trying to prevent a conspiracy that reaches the highest levels of the US government. XIII is based on the graphic novels by Jean Van Hamme and REELZCHANNEL ordered 13 episodes for the first season. New episodes will debut Fridays at 9p with encore airings on Saturdays at 11a, Sundays at 7p and 11p and Wednesdays at 10p. XIII was developed and produced by Jay Firestone’s Prodigy Pictures and Luc Besson’s French production company EuropeCorp Television.
Bravo set the premiere date for its upcoming docu-series Miss Advised about three single relationship experts who struggle with their own love matches for June 18 at 10p. The series focuses on love gurus Julia Allison in Los Angeles, Amy Laurent in New York City and Emily Morse in San Francisco. The series is produced by RelativityREAL and Ashley Tisdale’s Blondie Girl Productions.
Season three of A&E Network’s series Storage Wars debuts with back-to-back episodes on June 5 at 10p and 1030p. The series, which averaged 4.7 million total viewers during season two, follows teams of bidders at auctions as they buy contents inside storage containers. Storage Wars is produced by Original Productions, a FremantleMedia Company for A&E Network.
A third season of RuPaul’s Drag U is back on Logo starting June 18 at 9p. The next season with eight one-hour episodes, has drag queens tranforming women with new hair styles, makeup and fashion tips getting them ready for their lip-sync stage performances. Visiting celebrity “professors” featured in the new season include Donna Mills, Brittany Snow, Angela Kinsey, Joely Fisher, Robin Givens among others. Series is from World of Wonder Productions.
In early June, Investigation Discovery opens a sixth season of its newsmagazine, On the Case with Paula Zahn beginning June 3 at 10p. Throughout the new 13-episode season, Zahn conducts exclusive interviews and original reporting that goes beyond the headlines in current real-life mysteries. The series is produced by Scott Sternberg Productions and Weinberger Media for Investigation Discovery.
Mitchell Guist, star of HISTORY’s reality series Swamp People died of an apparent seizure Monday morning while cruising on the Belle River in Louisiana. HISTORY and Original Media, producer of the series released the following joint statement:
- “We are extremely saddened to report that our friend and beloved member of the Swamp People family, Mitchell Guist, has passed away earlier today. Mitchell passed on the swamp, doing what he loved. We appreciate your respect for the Guist family’s privacy and hope you join us in sending our thoughts and prayers to his brother, Glenn, and the rest of the Guist family.”
UPFRONT 2012: A re-cap of the network presentations for today through Thursday:
Today: ESPN at 930a, Best Buy Theater hosted by Sage Steele and Mike Greenberg; Univision at 11a, New Amsterdam Theatre followed by a reception at Cipriani; ABC at 4p, Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center hosted by Jimmy Kimmel; Telemundo at 6p, Al Hirschfeld Theatre followed by a cocktail reception at the Edison Ballroom
Wednesday: TNT/TBS at 930a, Hammerstein Ballroom with a lunch reception following at 1130a at Del Posto; Estrella TV at 930a at Gotham Hall hosted by Daily Show’s Al Madrigal with appearances by Latin American superstars Ninel Conde and Hector Suarez; Fox Hispanic Media at 1130a, Ziegfeld Theatre immediately followed by lunch at Remi; CBS at 4p, Carnegie Hall followed by a reception at the Tent at Lincoln Center; Adult Swim at 9p, Roseland Ballroom with a performance by rapper T.I.
Thursday: The CW at 1030a, New York City Center; USA Network at 245p, Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center with performances by Jennifer Hudson and Mark Ronson
Yesterday morning, Richard Greenblatt, Chairman, NBC Entertainment announced NBC’s primetime schedule highlights including the network’s plan to expand comedies on Tuesdays and Fridays for a total of five hours of comedy in primetime. Musical competition show The Voice returns with a fall edition to anchor the primetime schedule airing two hours on Mondays at 8p and an additional weekly hour on Tuesdays at 8p along with six new scripted series and four for mid-season. NBC also has four new alternative series on the docket.
Other returning scripted series on NBC include Law & Order: SVU, The Office, 30 Rock (for its 7th and final season), Community, Parenthood, Parks and Recreation, Whitney and Up All Night. Alternative returning series are The Celebrity Apprentice, Fashion Star, The Biggest Loser and Betty White’s Off Their Rockers.
NBC has further renewed Dateline NBC, Rock Center with Brian Williams as well as Smash and Grimm both of which were previously announced as pickups earlier in the season.
NBC Fall 2012 Primetime Schedule: (new shows in italic and bold)
Monday: The Voice, Revolution
Tuesday: The Voice, Go On, The New Normal, Parenthood
Wednesday: Animal Practice, Guys With Kids, Law & Order: SVU, Chicago Fire
Thursday: 30 Rock, Up All Night, The Office, Parks and Recreation, Rock Center with Brian Williams
Friday: Whitney, Community, Grimm, Dateline NBC
Saturday: Encore Programming
Sunday: (Fall 2012) Football Night in America, NBC Sunday Night Football
Sunday: (Post-Football/Winter 2013) Dateline NBC, Fashion Star, The Celebrity Apprentice, Do No Harm
Series descriptions for NBC’s new comedies:
- Go On stars Matthew Perry as sportscaster Ryan King who is in a miserable place in life after losing his wife in a car accident. Ryan is ready to go back to work and acts like his old cocky self but his boss won’t let him back on the air until he seeks counseling. Ryan reluctantly joins a support group he quickly takes over. The comedy also stars Laura Benanti, Julie White, Suzy Nakamura, Khary Payton and Allison Miller. Produced by Universal Television, Dark Toy Entertainment and Silver & Gold Productions.
- The New Normal stars Andrew Rannells as Bryan and Justin Bartha as David, a Beverly Hills couple who has everything a loving couple could want, except a baby. The couple meets Goldie (Georgia King) who has moved to L.A. from the Midwest where she was a waitress. This single mom was looking to escape her small-minded grandmother (Ellen Barkin) and dead-end life and agrees to become the guys’ surrogate mother. Produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Ryan Murphy Productions.
- Animal Practice centers on Dr. George Coleman (Justin Kirk), who is a top-level New York vet who has a great gift with animals but that feeling does not extend to humans. Produced by Universal Television and American Work Inc.
- Guys with Kids is a comedy from executive producer Jimmy Fallon about three 30-something dads who are trying to hold onto their youth while trying to be good dads. The trio of dads is played by Jesse Bradford, Zach Cregger and Anthony Anderson. Produced by Universal Television and Holiday Road.
- Save Me stars Anne Heche as Beth, who after surviving a near-death experience is convinced she now has a direct line to God. Michael Landes plays Beth’s skeptical husband, Tom and Alexandra Breckenridge plays Tom’s mistress who is now impressed her lover’s wife is a prophet. Produced by Sony Pictures Television and Original Film.
- 1600 Penn focuses on the Gilchrists, an average American family in many ways where a grown kid has to move back home, children who are smarter than their teachers and a stepmom (Jenna Elfman) who is desperate to win over the kids. They are average except they live in the White House and are the country’s First Family. Josh Gad stars as the wild First Son and Bill Pullman stars as the POTUS. This comedy is produced by 20th Century Fox.
- Next Caller is about a foul-mouthed satellite radio DJ, Cam Dunne (Dane Cook) who is forced to share the mic and air space with a perky NPR feminist, Stella Hoobler (Collette Wolfe). She is determined to elevate the show beyond its boys’ locker room humor into a respectable debate about men, women and relationships. Jeffrey Tambor, Joy Osmanski and Wole Parks also star. Produced by Lionsgate Television and Universal Television.
NBC’s new dramas include:
- Revolution features a world where electricity completely went away and the world was thrust back into the dark ages. Fifteen years have passed and people are living seemingly quiet lives using lanterns and candles at night though on the fringes of small farming towns danger lurks. A young woman’s life is forever changed when her father is mysteriously killed and she finds out her father may have had something to do with the major blackout. She and two other companions are on a daring coming-of-age journey to find answers about the past in order to claim the future. From J.J. Abrams and Eric Kripke, the series stars Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Anna Lise Phillips, Zak Orth, Graham Rogers, J.D. Pardo, Giancarlo Esposito, David Lyons, Maria Howell, Tim Guinee and Andrea Roth. Produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television.
- Chicago Fire is from creator/producer Dick Wolf and centers on the men and women working as firefighters, rescue squad and paramedics of Chicago Firehouse 51. Starring Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney, Eamonn Walker, Charlie Barnett, David Eigenberg, Monica Raymund, Lauren German, Teri Reeves and Merle Dandridge. Produced by Universal Television and Wolf Films.
- Do No Harm stars Steven Pasquale as Dr. Jason Cole, a respected, compassionate neurosurgeon who has a great life but harbors a dark secret. The secret is Cole changes every night at the same hour into a seductive, devious sociopath called Ian Price. Cole has battled Ian, keeping him in check with a powerful experimental sedative but now his body has developed a resistance to the serum allowing Ian to be set free. This Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde-like drama is produced by Universal Television and Traugott Company.
- Infamous centers on Detective Joanna Locasto (Meagan Good) who goes undercover in the wealthy Bowers home where she grew up as the maid’s daughter to find out if her former best friend, Vivian was murdered or not. The drama also stars Laz Alonso as FBI agent Will Moreno along with Victor Garber, Tate Donovan, Katherine La Nasa and Ella Rae Peck. From Universal Television and BermanBraun.
- Hannibal brings the literary character, psychiatrist-turned-serial killer, Dr. Hannibal Lecter to life on television for the first time. Bryan Fuller is behind this drama based on characters from Thomas Harris’ novels that shows viewers how Hannibal Lecter began. Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) plays a talented criminal profiler who enlists help from Dr. Lecter and the duo forms a partnership to catch villains. Will however doesn’t know Dr. Lecter is a serial killer. Produced by Gaumont International Television.
NBC also has picked up one new drama ordered straight to series:
- Crossbones is from Luther creator Neil Cross who is adapting Colin Woodard’s book The Republic of Pirates. The action in this drama is set during the golden age of piracy in the 1700s and focuses on the legendary pirate Blackbeard. NBC has ordered 10 episodes of the series from husband and wife producing duo, Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald; independent studio Georgeville Television is producing with Motion Picture Capital.
NBC’s new alternative shows:
- Stars Earn Stripes is a competition reality show from Mark Burnett, Dick Wolf and David A. Hurwitz that honors America’s armed forces. Nine celebrities will go to a secret training facility where they will be challenged to execute missions inspired by real military exercises. Money earned by the celebrities during the show will be donated to veterans’ charities. Produced by Universal Television, One Three Television, LLC, Wolf Reality, LLC and Bill’s Market & Television Productions.
- Howie Mandel’s White Elephant from Howie Mandel is a new game show based on the popular holiday party game. A contestant selects a box from a studio full of unmarked packages containing millions of dollars in prizes. The next player is faced with the choice: do they steal the prize that has been revealed or take a chance with a different unopened box hoping what’s inside is worth more? From Universal Television and Alevy Productions.
- Ready for Love is from producer Eva Longoria where eligible women of America are asked to participate in a new dating competition. Longoria has selected three handsome single grooms and hired three top matchmakers to find them life partners. The show opens with a mass audition screened by the matchmakers and then the available women are whittled down to three grooms and three final brides who must decide if they will get engaged and marry. Bill Rancic and Giuliana DePandi-Rancic are the hosts. Ready for Love is from Renegade 83, UnbeliEVAble Entertainment and Universal Television.
- Surprise with Jenny McCarthy is a variety show hosted by actress/comedienne and author Jenny McCarthy where people will be given surprises of a lifetime. The show will spotlight reunions to surprise announcements to good-natured pranks. Produced by A. Smith & Co. and ITV Studios.
Yesterday afternoon, Peter Rice, Chairman/Entertainment at Fox Networks Group and Kevin Reilly, President/Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company presented the FOX primetime schedule for the 2012-2013 season at the Beacon Theatre in New York.
One of the biggest announcements at the presentation surrounded The X Factor as the network confirmed pop singers Britney Spears and Demi Lovato will join the series as judges for season two. Spears and Lovato join Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid on the judges’ panel, replacing Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger. Additionally, FOX announced Glee will move this fall to Thursday nights at 9p following The X Factor.
On Tuesdays, FOX has a four-pack of comedies lined up including two new sitcoms: The Mindy Project and Ben and Kate which join returning sitcoms Raising Hope and New Girl. Furthermore, FOX has one new drama added to its fall schedule, The Mob Doctor and two series for mid-season: the comedy The Goodwin Games and the drama The Following.
FOX’s returning series include American Dad (season 8), American Idol (season 12), Bob’s Burgers (season 3), Bones (season 8), The Cleveland Show (season 4), Cops (season 25), Family Guy (season 10), Fringe (season 5), Glee (season 4), Hell’s Kitchen (season 10), Kitchen Nightmares (season 5), MasterChef (season 3), Mobbed (specials), New Girl (season 2), Raising Hope (season 3), The Simpsons (season 24), So You Think You Can Dance (season 9) and Touch (season 2). Other specials include the American Country Awards, New Year’s Eve Live and Teen Choice 2012.
FOX Fall 2012 Primetime Schedule: (new shows in italic and bold)
Monday: Bones, The Mob Doctor
*The Following joins in mid-season
Tuesday: Raising Hope, Ben and Kate, New Girl, The Mindy Project
*The Goodwin Games joins in mid-season
Wednesday: The X Factor (fall) / American Idol (mid-season)
Thursday: The X Factor Results (fall) / American Idol Results (mid-season), Glee
Friday: Touch, Fringe (fall)
*Hell’s Kitchen returns in mid-season
Saturday: FOX Sports Saturday (fall)
*Cops returns in mid-season; Animation Domination High-Def will join late-prime in 2013
Sunday: NFL Game (fall) / Animation Domination (encores), The OT (fall) / The Cleveland Show, The Simpsons, Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy, American Dad
FOX’s new comedies for fall:
- Ben and Kate, a new single-camera comedy featuring an ensemble cast about an older brother, Ben Fox (Nat Faxon) helping his younger sister, Kate Fox (Dakota Johnson) raise her five-year old daughter. Series also stars Maggie Jones, Lucy Punch and Echo Kellum. 20th Century Fox Television and Chernin Entertainment are producing.
- The Mindy Project stars writer/producer and author Mindy Kaling (The Office) as a young doctor who, despite her successful career, desperately needs to break bad habits affecting her personal life. The sitcom also stars Ed Weeks, Chris Messina, Anna Camp, Zoe Jarman and Dana DeLorenzo. Universal Television and 3 Arts Entertainment are producing.
FOX’s one new drama for fall:
- The Mob Doctor stars Jordana Spiro as Dr. Grace Devlin, a dedicated and talented Chicago doctor who is indebted to the Southside mafia. Series also stars William Forsythe, Floriana Lima, Zach Gilford, Jaime Lee Kirchner, Zeljko Ivanek, James Carpinello, Jesse Lee Soffer and Wendy Makkena. Produced by Sony Pictures Television.
In mid-season, FOX has one new drama:
- The Following is a thriller from producer Kevin Williamson about notorious serial killer Joe Carroll (James Purefoy) who escapes from death row and goes on a new killing spree. The FBI calls former agent Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) to consult on the case. Series also stars Jeananne Goossen, Natalie Zea, Kyle Catlett, Shawn Ashmore, Valorie Curry, Adan Canto and Nico Tortorella. Warner Bros. Television, Outerbanks Entertainment and Bonanza Productions are producing.
For mid-season, FOX has one comedy to add:
- The Goodwin Games, a single-camera comedy from the executive producers behind How I Met Your Mother about three grown siblings who return home after their father’s death and find themselves inheriting a fortune as long as they adhere to their father’s wishes. The siblings are played by Scott Foley as Henry, Becki Newton as Chloe and Jake Lacy as Jimmy the youngest brother. Beau Bridges guest stars as the kids’ late father, Benjamin who leaves behind a series of challenges administered by his estate attorney April played by newcomer Melissa Tang. Series also stars Felisha Terrell. Produced by 20th Century Fox Television.
UPFRONT 2012: Tr3s: MTV, Musica y Mas
The bilingual/bicultural entertainment destination for US Latinos, Tr3s: MTV, Musica y Mas is serving up eight new original series for 2012-2013. The new series include:
- The Golden Boys produced by 51 Minds, is a half-hour show that follows Oscar De La Hoya as he trains, promotes and mentors three aspiring fighters ready to take the world by storm. Mario Lopez serves as executive producer.
- The Ricardo Laguna Project, executive produced by Wilmer Valderrama, this half-hour series is back for a second season featuring more wild and humorous action from the Mexican-American BMX pro and his bicultural family based in Las Vegas. Produced by RelativityREAL, the second season will bow in fall 2012.
- The Chisme Club features the comedy from Latino personalities and stand-up comedians who showcase their favorite pop culture news. Featured personalities include Rene Graziano, Mayte Garcia from Mob Wives, Sandra Valls and Sara Contreras from The Latin Divas of Comedy, Broads of Broadway comedian Cristina Galston, Showtime Comedy Special star Joey Medina and comedian Eric Nieves among others. Series premieres this summer.
- Latino Boot Camp is a new reality series connecting young Latinos to their ancestors in Latin America. 51 Minds is producing.
- From Chongas to Reinas is a female-driven competition series where rough Latinas are transformed into well-mannered ladies.
- Culture Swap stars two young adults, one Latino and another with a different cultural background and the two switch lives for a week. Produced by RelativityREAL.
- The Dulce Maria Show centers on Latin American music/film and television star Dulce Maria who has the desire to conquer the US via Hollywood. Produced by Ennovva, this new show will debut in fall 2012.
- Ultimo Ano is a new suspense-filled novela about a conniving foreign exchange student who tries to deceive and manipulate the lives of his new host family and friends. Co-produced with MTV Latin America, this series introduces a first-time effort using network writers and researchers from Population Media Center to produce entertainment-education content where characters are developed to evolve into positive role models for the audience. The series is produced by Argos Production with a premiere slated for spring 2013.
Cynopsis Kids !magination Awards Finalists have been announced! For a full listing of all the finalists, and to register for the June 7 Awards Breakfast in NYC click here.
Dubai-based MBC Group forged a deal with Talpa Distribution and Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Arabia by which MBC Group acquired the exclusive rights to broadcast the international TV format The Voice on multi-platforms throughout the Middle East and North Africa. SPT Arabia produces the format and Talpa Distribution will co-produce the show in its local adaptation.
US Hispanic entertainment network, Estrella TV made a carriage deal with Charter Communications, Inc. where Charter will offer Estrella TV to select additional markets.
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM TELEMUNDO MEDIA
mun2 is the #1 Hispanic cable network among P18-34 in primetimeCome find out what’s going on…
Contact Dan Lovinger, EVP Sales & Integrated Marketing, [email protected]
Casting Call: A new docu-series for a major cable network is looking for single women who are ready to get married but need to find Mr. Right. If you have the dress picked out and still need to find your perfect mate, please send an email to: [email protected] and include your name, city, email, phone number, two recent photos and a paragraph description about yourself and all the steps you are taking to make your wedding dreams come true. You must be 21 years or older to apply.
Friday A18-49 Analysis: Univision topped the pack Friday with the A18-49 viewers at 1.7/6, according to final primetime national ratings from Nielsen. ABC won the 8p hour with Shark Tank at 1.7/6 followed by Univision’s Una Familia con Suerte at 1.5/6. The tables turned at 9p as Univision’s Abismo de Pasion was #1 at 1.7/6 while ABC’s Primetime: What Would You Do? was #2 with a 1.5/5. Univision remained in first place through 10p with La Que No Podia Amar at 1.8/6 and ABC continued in second place with 20/20 at 1.4/5.
Live + Same Day Household Ratings: Friday, May 11, 2012 (May Sweep Day 16) time period averages. Source: NTI, Galaxy as dated. Live+SD.
CBS: 5.5/10 Undercover Boss 3.8/7, CSI: NY 6.0/11, Blue Bloods 6.9/12
ABC: 3.3/6 Shark Tank 3.6/7, Primetime: What Would You Do? 3.1/6, 20/20 3.2/6
NBC: 3.1/6 Who Do You Think You Are? 3.2/6, Grimm 2.8/5, Dateline 3.3/6
FOX: 2.3/4 The Finder 2.7/5, Fringe 2.0/4
UNIV: 2.0/4 Una Familia con Suerte 1.7/3, Abismo de Pasion 2.1/4, La Que No Podia Amar 2.3/4
CW: 0.9/2 Nikita 0.8/2, Supernatural 0.9/2
TELE: 0.7/1 Maid en Manhattan 0.8/1, Corazon Valiente 0.7/1, Relaciones Peligrosas 0.5/1
ION: 0.6/1 Cold Case 0.7/1, Cold Case 0.6/1, Cold Case 0.6/1
TF: 0.2/0 Cine en Familia Fri [7p start] 0.2/0, Cine de Las Estrellas Fri 0.2/0
A18-49: UNIV 1.7/6, ABC 1.5/5, CBS 1.2/4, FOX 1.1/4, NBC 1.1/4, CW 0.5/2, TELE 0.5/2, ION 0.3/1, TF 0.2/1
Todd Sokolove takes on the new role at Sonar Entertainment as VP/Marketing where he will continue to be involved in positioning the company’s brand via the production of digital, video and print products. Todd reports to Alan Zapakin, SVP/Marketing.
Strategic media and marketing agency, Media Storm named Scott Yambor as Media Director. Scott begins his new position effective immediately and will be based at the agency’s New York office. Scott previously worked for Serino Coyne, Inc. (an Omnicom Company) as Senior Director/Media Services.
Insight Strategy Group promoted Betsy Grimes to Associate Director. Betsy joined Insight in 2009 where she has held several positions within the company and most recently as Senior Manager since December 2010.
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE
June 7 | 8:00-10:30am | Le Parker Meridien | NYC
Join award finalists, support your colleagues + network with the best in the industry!
… Register …
This day in History: 1981 – Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan’s Island airs.
Answer to Our Last Trivia Question: What was the original name of the TV series Ellen? These Friends of Mine. Kudos to: Ellen Davis-Ellen Davis Creative/NYC; Gina M. Handy-Tribune Media Services/Queensbury, NY; Richard Pitruzzello-FairWarning, Inc./St. Petersburg; Ed Goode-Connelly Partners/Boston; John McInerney-MeToo/Chicago; Eric Litt-WGN-TV|WGN America|CLTV|AntennaTV/Chicago; Charlie Conner-Newport Television/Tulsa; Cristina Benavente-High Noon Entertainment-Denver; Bruce Vilanch-Manned Laughter/Hollywood; Alan Denton-The Idea Factory/Van Nuys; Kim Sterton-Trifecta/LA; Aaron Paquette-Nielsen Entertainment TV/Hollywood; Nancy Lavin Albert-Transatlantic Films/London.
Today’s Trivia Question: What TV show replaced The Man From Uncle on Monday nights at 8p in 1968? (Email [email protected] with your answer and be sure to include your name, company, city and time zone. Unofficial rules: Only the second four correct answers from each time zone will be mentioned; and once you’ve been mentioned in any of the Cynopsis editions, you can’t be mentioned again that calendar week.)
Later — Cyn & Lisa
Cynthia Turner – Founder and Publisher / [email protected]
Lisa Ball – Contributing Editor / [email protected]
Cynopsis Ad Sales:
Mike Farina – VP/Sales and Marketing – 203-218-6480 / [email protected]
Classifieds – Trish Pihonak- 888-702-3858 / [email protected]
To subscribe to any Cynopsis edition(s) click here.
To unsubscribe from this edition, click here.
Cyn opsis CLASSIFIEDS – For More classifieds, visit the Cynopsis.com classifieds page here .
JOB OPENING: ACCT EXEC. AD SALES/NY: Multimedia co. seeks AE w/ 7+ yrs TV ad sales exp. Excellent agency relationships & proven track record. Sports bckgnd a +. Send resume and cov ltr Attn: Rose to [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: VP of DEVLPMNT/Denver: Reality TV developer/producer w/7 yrs exp in reality series devlpmnt & prod wanted for Denver based Production Co. Relationships with reality nets a +. Resume: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: REALITY TV SHOW RUNNER/Denver: 5 yrs exp producing cable series, ability to work w/ co. execs to deliver productions on time, on quality, on budget for Denver based Prod Co. Resume: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: REALITY TV CREW: 7 yrs exp on major cable or broadcast networks. Position can be remote or based in our Denver hq’s. Ability to add to the creative vision of project a must. Resume: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: ASSIGNMENT EDITOR/RNN TV/Rye Brook/NY: Research and story development and crew logistics. Assist in development, planning and follow up of all news stories. Res/cvr: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: LINE PRODUCER (News) RNN TV/Rye Brook/NY: Line and stack daily news broadcasts. Must have TV news producing experience. Res/cvr: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: MASTER CONTROL OPERATOR/RNN TV/Rye Brook/NY: operate control room boards & monitor programming, log all transmitter readings, overnight & wkend hours avail. Resume: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR/RNN TV: assist director of ops, supervise master control team and live events; manage schedules, implement policies and train news employees. Resume: [email protected] (5/22)
JOB OPENING: DIR, SCHEDULING/WEtv/NYC: Oversees all aspects of short term ntwrk prmg strategies, inventory usage, comp analysis, stunt prmg; 2+yrs mgr or above pgmming/rsrch, resumes to: [email protected] (5/19)
JOB OPENING: WRITER/PRODUCER/Lifetime TV/NY: Write & produce high impact promo campaigns for scripted & unscripted series. 3+yrs On-Air Promo TV exp. Apply: www.aenetworks.com/careers.html (5/19)
JOB OPENING: DIG. MEDIA ANALYST/A+E NETWORKS/NY: Define analytics reqs for web, mobile/gaming/social apps.Lead A/B testing, implementation, QA. Build reports/prsntions.3+yrs Omniture/reqd. 5yrs web anlytic www.aenetworks.com/careers (5/19)
JOB OPENING: ADV-PLATFORM ASSET PROD MGR/AMC/NYC: Manage product life-cycle & project plan effectively for progmmng content delivered to VOD, iTunes, Netflix. Submit res at: http://tinyurl.com/c9m33x9 (5/18)
JOB OPENING: SCHEDULING MANAGER/WE tv/NYC: research/analyze competitive data, create monthly VOD schedule, strategic scheduling Resumes to: [email protected] (5/18)
JOB OPENING: SR DIGITAL SALES PLANNER/NYC/ABC: 3 yrs exp: rsrch/planning/executing dig campaigns, client service driven, manage multiple projs, manipulate data for analysis/presentation. Apply to: www.disneycareers.com Req:44469 (5/17)
JOB OPENING: MGR DIGITAL INTEGRATED MARKETING/MTVN/NYC: overseeing the life cycle of assigned advrtsng spnsorshps & prgrms across dgtal, mobile, social, video production & event mrkting. EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvnetworkscareers.com (5/17)
JOB OPENING: AE-DIGITAL /NYC/ABC Network Sales: Devlp/maintain strategic accounts/sponsorship deals for abc.com, abcnews.com, GMA on Yahoo!, Oscar.com, SOAPnet.com & Hulu Network Apply to: www.disneycareers.com req ID: 44397 (5/17)
JOB OPENING: DIR, ON AIR PROMO/LOGO/NYC: 5 – 7 yrs exp. promo/advertising; excellent conceptual & creative thinker; passion for ent, promo & brand building; strong comm skills a must. EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvnetworkscareers.com (5/17)
JOB OPENING: SR MANAGER PROGRAM RESEARCH/NBC Universal/NY: 5+ years Program Research experience required. Experience with Explorer/Arianna/Npower needed. Must have mgmt & presentation exp. Apply: www.nbcunicareers.com Job #4291 (5/17)
JOB OPENING: SR DIR, NATL ACCTS/WWE/LA: Oversee affiliate sales & marketing for Western Reg across multi-platform prods (PPV, on-demand, altern distrib, netwk launch, etc) 10+ yrs including premium netwk expr: www.wwe-careers.com (5/17)
JOB OPENING: DIG OPTIMIZATION MGR/New York: Drive Ad Sales Rev thru Direct & 2nd Channel Partnerships & Solutions across A+E Networks Dig initiatives http://www.aenetworks.com/careers (5/17)
JOB OPENING: TRAFFIC COORD/TV One/NY: BA pref’d and/or 2 yrs of exp TV Ops & Traffic. Build daily comm. log within parameters to ensure accuracy. Wrk w/ Ad sales mgmt, traffic mgmt. and agencies. More info: www.tvone.tv (5/17)
JOB OPENING: COPY COORD/TV One/NY: BA pref’d and/or 2 yrs of exp in TV Ops & Traffic. Wrk w/external agencies & traffic mgmt to secure commercial copy for network. Brdway exp a +. Visit www.tvone.tv (5/17)
JOB OPENING: TLK SHW PRODCR/ Stamford, CT: Mng team of AP/PA. Booking real guests. Must hve talk/court shw exp. Writing skills a must. Resume to: [email protected] (5/16)
JOB OPENING: MGR, BUS AFFAIRS/Sundance/NYC: Monitor & process weekly production & payroll funding, Producer Royalty Entitlements & other payment scheds for Sundance’s Owned Productions. Submit res @ http://tinyurl.com/7vgcj3e (5/16)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR OF POST PRODUCTION/Pilgrim Studios/LA: Oversee all aspects of Post Production. 5-7 years exp. preferred. Resumes: [email protected] (5/16)
JOB OPENING: VP FINANCE/DailyCandy/NBCU/NYC: 10+yrs exp, Dig Media/ Fin. Planning & Anls/Planning Systems/Operations exp. Lead LRP, Budget & Reforecasting. MBA/CPA desired. Apply: www.nbcunicareers.com Job#5514BR, EOE/M/F/D/AAP (5/16)
JOB OPENING: VP STRAT. & OPSS., EDN/IM, NBCU/NYC: 8+yrs exp. Strategic Plan/Proj Mgmt/ID Ind. Trends & Biz Ops4 rev. growth. Invest Bank & Biz Dev exp w/in media. MBA desired. Apply: www.nbcunicareers.com Job#5299BR, EOE/M/F/D/AAP (5/16)
JOB OPENING: VP CREATIVE/G4/NBCUniversal/LA: Manage OnAir, Print & Online Design teams and work on programming & network brand mktg strategy. 8 yrs exp in Creative Exec role req. Apply at: www.nbcunicareers.com Job#5312BR (5/16)
JOB OPENING: SR ACCT DIR DOMESTIC DISTRO/Discovery/NY: Responsible for distro & mrktg efforts for 18 ntwrks; 6+yrs in cable distro w/proven track record of territory mgmt & client relations; http://careers.discovery.com/ #4823 (5/16)
JOB OPENING: REGIONAL ACCOUNT EXEC/Screenvision/NYC or ATL: Cinema or Spot TV sales exp. preferred. 4+ yrs exp selling media advertising. Client acct mngmnt & develpmt. Apply: www.screenvision.com (5/16)
JOB OPENING: GENERAL EDITOR/ESPN: Position Title: Part Time – General Editor, espnW: To view full job description please use this link – http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=1457350-2161-2140 (5/16)
JOB OPENING: TV prod. company specializing in reality/docu-series for multiple series. Need exp APs, PMs, LPs, SPs, ShowRunners, Editors, Post Sprvsrs & Post PC/NYC: Docusoap exp a must. Resume to [email protected] (5/16)
JOB OPENING: DIR, PRGMG & SCHEDULING/DISCOVERY/MD: Dvlps/executes ntwrk prmg strategies, oversees schedlng & completed prgrm acquisitions; 10+yrs prmg/schdling or prgm rsrch exp in TV industry. http://careers.discovery.com/ #5803 (5/16)
INTERNSHIPS – These positions are for credit only – nobody gets paid here. These ads are always posted for free, and students work for school credit only. For more information on the specs for posting an Internship ad, email Trish at [email protected].
SUMMER INTERNSHIP CREDITS ONLY: SUMMER INTERN/NY: Multimedia co. seeks intern to assist in network production, programming and misc. projects. Min of 2 days/wk. Computer proficiency & sports interest a +. Res: [email protected] (5/17)
SITUATION WANTED ADS, POSTED BY THOSE LOOKING TO BE HIRED… There is no charge for placing your Situation Wanted ad… for more information contact Trish Pihonak at [email protected].
SITUATION WANTED: PRODUCER’S ASSISTANT/LA: Has been Asst. Producer for Kevin Costner. Line Producer & Accountant for indie feature. Completed the Disney Intern Program. MBA in Entertainment and MS Finance. [email protected] (5/22)
SITUATION WANTED: WRITER’S/SHOW RUNNER’S ASSISTANT/ LA: Has worked 4-cam sitcom, 1-cam writers’ rooms and as executive producer gatekeeper. Great proof and coverage skills. Very experienced with Final Draft. [email protected] (5/17)
SITUATION WANTED: Dedicated & Experienced ADV. SALES PLANNER/NYC: Sales proposals, resolving client discrepancies, quarterly post analysis, special sales service projects, expert computer skills. Contact- [email protected] (5/16)
E-mail [email protected] or call Trish Pihonak at 888.702.3858 for rates and specs for Job Openings.
Are you looking for a job? Post your Situation Wanted Ad here — Email [email protected] for specs.
WHAT’S ON TONIGHT – TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2012
ABC: Cougar Town, Cougar Town, Dancing With the Stars, Private Practice [f]
AZTECA: Lo Que la Gente Cuenta, Al Extremo, El Pelado de la Noche
CBS: NCIS [f], NCIS: LA [f], Unforgettable
CW: 90210 [f], L.A. Complex
ION: Criminal Minds, Criminal Minds, Flashpoint
NBC: America’s Got Talent, Fashion Star [f]
PBS: Clinton: An American Experience, Frontline
TELE: Una Maid en Manhattan, Corazon Valiente, Relaciones Peligrosas
UNIV: Una Familia con Suerte; Abismo de Pasion, La Que No Podia Amar
Cynopsis Media, a division of Access Intelligence
65 Lantern Road
Stratford, CT 06614
Copyright Cynopsis 2012
All outgoing e-mails are scanned and sent out virus free. Copyright Cynopsis 2012
To unsubscribe from just this Cynopsis email, please click here.