TiVo’s Video Trends Report: Q4 2019 found that, “comedy remains at the top of the charts for both TV and movies, drama is not far behind, and seasonality impacts the popularity of particular genres.” Horror movies saw a spike around Halloween (28.2%) and cooking shows became more popular as the holidays approached (29.6%). Crime and mystery climbed up the rankings for both TV and movies (42.8% and 37.%).
And in a digital age, major networks still have broad appeal. The most popular nets survey respondents said they’d want in an a la carte bundle were ABC (61.2%), CBS (55.1%), Discovery (48.3%), A&E (47.8%), NBC (47.4%), Fox (46.7%), History (41.4%), FX (40.2%), AMC (38.3%) and Food Network (37.9%). Other findings include:
- 72% of survey respondents want the ability to view, browse and search available content from a unified experience or interface.
- Consumers spend an average of 11+ minutes discovering new shows or movies through major OTT platforms.
- 54% of respondents indicated learning about new shows or movies from commercials or ads running within their content.
- More than 85% of respondents said recommendations from their pay-TV and/or streaming provider(s) are either “sometimes” or “always” accurate.
- Respondents want an average of 22 channels in their TV packages and are willing to pay $33+ per month to access them.
To download the report, go here: https://dm4.tivo.com/l/43592/2020-01-14/bkx222?utm_source=tivo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=trends_jan20