CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM TURNER ENTERTAINMENT NETWORKS
Our median age is only 33.
And we’re #1 in reaching A18-34 and A18-49.*
CONAN – TYLER PERRY’S MEET THE BROWNS – ARE WE THERE YET?
THE BIG BANG THEORY – LOPEZ TONIGHT
TBS veryfunnyTM *Source: Nielsen Media Research, Median Age Base: P2+ 10/11 Season-to-date (9/20/10-4/24/11) Excludes Sports, Based on C3 Data. Avg. Monthly Cume (6 minute qualifier) among Cable Networks, Most Recent 12 Months (May’10-Apr’11), Prime (M-Sa 8P-11P/Su 7P-11P). Based on Live data.
Good morning. It’s Monday, May 16, 2011, and this is your first early morning briefing. As always, if you prefer to watch this morning’s news instead of reading it, click here .
MTV: Disaster Date at 630p
Mnet: Beats Per Mnet at 7p
Bravo: The Real Housewives of New Jersey at 9p
Travel Channel: Off Limits at 9p
CBS: How I Met Your Mother at 8p; Mad Love at 830p; Mike & Molly at 930p; Hawaii Five-O at 10p
CW: 90210 at 8p; Gossip Girl at 9p
NBC: Chuck at 8p
ABC: Castle at 1001p
CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM AMC
The Most Original Programming on Television
UPFRONT 2011: NBC
Introducing its 2011-2012 primetime schedule in advance of its Upfront showcase later this morning in New York, NBC is adding six new dramas and six new comedies. Chairman NBC Entertainment, Bob Greenblatt refers to next season’s new lineup as, “the rebuilding of the NBC primetime schedule.” NBC’s new dramas include:
- Prime Suspect – American version of hit British series helmed by Helen Mirren. The new version stars Mario Bello as Detective Jane Timoney who finds working as a homicide detective in New York City tough along with working in a male-dominated police department. Aidan Quinn, Brian O’Byrne, Tim Griffin, Kirk Acevedo, Joe Nieves, Damon Gupton and Peter Gerety also star. Universal Media Studios, ITV and Film 44 are producing.
- The Playboy Club – From Brian Grazer, the drama is a period piece set in the early 1960s Chicago when the first Playboy Club opens. Eddie Cibrian, Amber Heard and Lauran Benanti lead the ensemble cast. 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television are producing.
- Smash – Musical drama based on an idea from Steven Spielberg centers on a group who are creating a Broadway musical about the life of Marilyn Monroe. Christian Borle and Debra Messing headline the cast that also includes veteran actress Anjelica Huston. Universal Media Studios is producing in association with DreamWorks.
- Grimm – Series inspired by the classic Grimm’s Fairy Tales and surrounds homicide detective Nick Burkhardt (David Guintoli) who begins seeing things he can’t explain. When his Aunt Marie (guest star Kate Burton) visits, she tells him they are descendants of an elite group of hunters known as “Grimms” who fight to keep humans safe from the supernatural creatures loose in the world. Universal Media Studios and Hazy Mills Productions are producing.
- Awake – A detective (Jason Issacs) finds himself leading a dueling double life that defies reality after he survives a car accident involving his family. Steve Harris, Wilmer Valderrama, Cherry Jones and BD Wong also star. From 20th Century Fox Television.
- The Firm – Based on the hit feature film and novel by John Grisham, this drama continues the story of lawyer Mitchell McDeere and his family ten years following the events depicted in the film and novel. Entertainment One is producing in association with Sony Pictures Television and Paramount Pictures.
NBC’s upcoming comedies consist of:
- Whitney – Multi-camera comedy about modern love highlighting the relationship of Whitney (Whitney Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. From Universal media Studios and Scott Stuber Productions.
- Up All Night – From Emily Spivey and Lorne Michaels, this comedy offers a contemporary take on parenthood about successful PR executive, Reagan (Christina Applegate) and her stay-at-home husband, Chris (Will Arnett) as they juggle a career, marriage and a new baby. Maya Rudolph also stars as Ava, Reagan’s outrageous boss and best friend. Universal Media Studios and Broadway Video are producing.
- Free Agents – Single-camera comedy, based on a UK format, about two eccentric co-workers who fall in love. Hank Azaria and Kathryn Hahn star in the lead roles. From Universal Media Studios in association with Dark Toy and Big Talk Productions.
- Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea – Multi-camera comedy about a group of 20-something women living and working together led by one out-spoken young woman played by Laura Prepon. The comedy is based on Chelsea Handler’s life and her book. Warner Bros. Television is producing in association with Werner Entertainment and Borderline Amazing Productions.
- Best Friends Forever – A single-camera comedy about a woman and her live-in boyfriend who take in her upset and pushy best girlfriend after a divorce. Jessica St. Clair stars along with Lennon Parham and Adam Pally. From Universal Media Studios and American Work.
- Bent – Amanda Peet stars in this romantic comedy as a recently divorced type-A mom who is attracted to the surfer-dude contractor, Pete (David Walton) she hires to re-do her kitchen. Jeffrey Tambor co-stars; Universal Media Studios produces.
From its development slate, NBC did not pick up the multi-camera comedy, Family Practice from Universal Media Studios that starred Andrew West, Jean Smart and Audrey Esparza; the revamped Wonder Woman from David E. Kelley starring Adrianne Palicki in the title role; the ensemble drama A Mann’s World starring Don Johnson as a celebrity hairstylist and co-starring Ellen Barkin; 17TH Precinct, the ensemble police drama starring Jamie Bamber, Tricia Helfer and James Callis; Reconstruction, the Civil War-era drama starring Martin Henderson; Metro (formerly S.I.L.A.), the drama combining crime, law enforcement and politics helmed by Jimmy Smits; Brave New World, a workplace comedy produced by Sony Pictures Television; Lovelines, a comedy from 20TH Television; Help Wanted, another workplace comedy from Warner Bros. TV; I Hate That I Love You, a comedy produced by 20TH Television; and the comedy, My Life as an Experiment from Sony Pictures Television, with Jack Black as one of the executive producers and starring Donald Sutherland.
Returning NBC drama series include: the spy drama Chuck was renewed for a fifth and final season containing 13 episodes; Parenthood will return for a third season; Law & Order: Special Victims Unit; and a sophomore season of the midseason series Harry’s Law starring Kathy Bates. Comedies coming back include Community, Parks and Recreation, The Office, 30 Rock, in addition to the network’s news magazine show, Dateline NBC. Alternative series continuing on the schedule include The Voice, The Sing-Off, The Celebrity Apprentice and The Biggest Loser, all with two-hour episodes.
Not returning next season on NBC are Outsourced, The Event and Law & Order: Los Angles.
NBC Fall 2011-2012 Primetime Schedule
- Monday: The Sing-Off, The Playboy Club
- Tuesday: The Biggest Loser, Parenthood
- Wednesday: Up All Night, Free Agents, Harry’s Law, Law & Order: SVU
- Thursday: Community, Parks and Recreation, The Office, Whitney, Prime Suspect
- Friday: Chuck, Grimm, Dateline NBC
- Saturday: Encore programming
- Sunday: Football Night in America, NBC Sunday Night Football
NBC Midseason 2012 Highlights
- Sunday: Dateline NBC, The Celebrity Apprentice, The Firm
- Monday: The Voice, Smash
Change is at hand on ABC’s schedule for next fall as the network said on Friday it cancelled six current series: Brothers & Sisters which just ended its fifth season; the alien drama V following its second season; in addition to the frosh dramas Detroit 1-8-7 and No Ordinary Family as well as the midseason comedy Mr. Sunshine starring Matthew Perry and the midseason medical drama Off the Map from Shonda Rhimes.
On the new series front, ABC picked up a dozen series for next season including seven dramas and five comedies. ABC’s official fall schedule will be revealed at its Upfront presentation in New York on Tuesday.
- Charlie’s Angels – Revamped version of the 1970s hit ABC series stars Minka Kelly, Rachael Taylor and Annie Ilonzeh as the three female detectives working for mysterious “Charlie.”
- Pan Am – Period primetime soap set in the mid-1960s about a group of stewardesses and pilots juggling love and spying. Christina Ricci stars; produced by Sony Pictures Television.
- Good Christian Belles (formerly Good Christian Bitches) – Centers on a recent divorcee who moves back to her wealthy Dallas neighborhood with her two kids. Leslie Bibb stars in the lead along with co-stars Kristin Chenoweth and Annie Potts. ABC Studios is producing.
- Apartment 23 – Single-camera comedy originally developed for FOX about a nice Midwestern girl (Dreama Walker) who moves in with a party girl roommate (Krysten Ritter) in New York City. James Van Der Beek also co-stars; 20th TV produces.
- Last Man Standing – Family comedy starring Tim Allen as a guy fighting for his manhood while surrounded by women.
- Scandal (formerly titled Damage Control) – A Shonda Rhimes drama about a crisis PR consultant starring Kerry Washington. ABC Studios is producing.
- Once Upon a Time – Fantasy drama is about a woman attracted to a town where fairy tales might be real by a boy saying he is her son. Ginnifer Goodwin co-stars as Snow White; ABC Studios produces.
- Revenge – Contemporary re-telling of the Count of Monte Cristo story about a young woman (Emily VanCamp) who moves to the Hamptons. From ABC Studios.
- The River – Drama centered on a crew in search of a missing adventurer in the Amazon. Eloise Mumford stars; ABC Studios produces.
- Work It – Multi-camera comedy about two out-of-work car salesmen who dress as women to land jobs as pharmaceutical reps.
- Suburgatory – Single-camera comedy about New Yorker (Jane Levy) who moves to the suburbs. Cheryl Hines, Jeremy Sisto and Alan Tudyk co-star; Warner Bros. TV produces.
- Man Up – Another single-camera buddy comedy about three guys trying to survive as modern men through their perspective and through the women in their lives. From ABC Studios.
Also from ABC, a second season renewal was granted to Secret Millionaire. The network additionally switched debut dates for several summer series: Wipeout is back as of June 21 at 8p with a special original episode though premieres June 23 at 8p; the premiere of new competition series 101 Ways to Leave a Game Show moves to June 21 at 9p. Two days later on June 23, Expedition Impossible bows at 9p along with a second season of scripted cop series Rookie Blue at 10p. On August 2 at 9p, ABC rolls out the new competition show Take the Money and Run.
On Friday, CBS and Warner Bros. Television said actor/producer Ashton Kutcher is joining the sitcom Two and a Half Men replacing Charlie Sheen for the show’s ninth season. Returning cast members on Two and a Half Men include Jon Cryer, Angus T. Jones, Holland Taylor, Marin Hinkle and Conchata Ferrell. Production on the ninth season begins this summer for the new fall season on CBS.
Also on Friday, CBS approved two pilots before its Upfront presentation this Wednesday in New York:
- Two Broke Girls – A multi-camera comedy helmed by Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs as two 22-year olds trying to make ends meet while living in Brooklyn. Warner Bros. TV produces.
- Person of Interest – A drama from J.J. Abrams starring Jim Caviezel as an ex-CIA agent, thought dead, who works with a mysterious New York billionaire to fight crime. Taraji P. Henson co-stars; Warner Bros. TV also produces.
Over the weekend, CBS further announced it is eliminating three frosh series including $#*! My Days Says starring William Shatner and produced by Warner Bros. TV; the drama The Defenders headlined by Jim Belushi and Jerry O’Connell and produced by CBS Productions; and the comedy from CBS Television Studios and Sony, Mad Love with the finale airing tonight.
Katie Couric’s final day as anchor on CBS Evening News is this Thursday. Scott Pelley takes over as anchor starting June 6.
HBO gave Treme, its series about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in new Orleans a third season run.
New York-based MTB sold independent TV stations KCNS/San Francisco and WMFP/Lawrence, Massachusetts to Texas-based NRJ TV.
Top 10 Weekend Box Office Estimates: May 13-15, 2011
Thor (Paramount) $34.5 million 2 wk total $119.3m
Bridesmaids (Universal) $24.4 million opening weekend
Fast Five (Universal) $19.5 million 3 wk total $168.8m
Priest (Sony) $14.5 million opening weekend
Rio (20th Century Fox) $8.0 million 5 wk total $125.0m
Jumping the Broom (Sony) $7.3 million 2 wk total $26.0m
Something Borrowed (Warner Bros.) $7.0 million 2 wk total $25.6m
Water For Elephants (20th Century Fox) $4.1 million 4 wk total $48.5m
Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Big Happy Family (Lionsgate) $2.2 million 4 wk total $50.2m
Soul Surfer (Sony) $1.8 million 6 wk total $39.2m
Distributor Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution was asked by HBO to pull Curb Your Enthusiasm and Entourage from its syndicated lineup citing low ratings after one year. Both shows will cease being available in off-net syndication as of this fall. Stations had scheduled the shows mainly in late-night and the shows are averaging a 0.6 live plus same day household rating. HBO made the decision to have the shows pulled as TV stations would be moving them even later on schedules which could potentially deliver even lower ratings.
Thursday A18-49 Analysis: FOX was infallible Thursday night delivering a 4.9/14 among A18-49, according to final national ratings from Nielsen. American Idol had success for FOX at 8p with a 6.5/20 followed by CBS’ sitcoms The Big Bang Theory and Rules of Engagement with an average of 3.0/9. ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy slipped into first place during 9p with a 3.2/9 with FOX’s Bones nipping in #2 at 3.2/8. At 10p, The Mentalist on CBS won with 2.7/7 and ABC was next with Private Practice at 2.3/6.
Live + Same Day Household Ratings: Thursday, May 12, 2011 (May Sweep Day 15) time period averages. Source: NTI, Galaxy as dated. Live+SD.
FOX: 9.5/15 American Idol 12.6/21, Bones 6.3/10
CBS: 7.2/12 The Big Bang Theory 6.5/11, Rules of Engagement 5.0/8, CSI 7.2/11, The Mentalist 8.7/14
ABC: 4.9/8 Wipeout 3.2/5, Grey’s Anatomy 6.4/10, Private Practice 5.0/8
NBC: 2.4/4 Community 2.1/4, The Office [r] 1.8/3, The Office 3.8/6, Parks and Recreation 2.7/4, Parks and Recreation 2.2/3, Outsourced 1.9/3
UNIV: 2.3/4 Teresa 2.2/4, Triunfo del Amor 2.4/4
CW: 1.5/2 Vampire Diaries 1.8/3, Nikita 1.2/2
TELE: 1.0/2 Futbol Estelar: Chivas vs. Unam 0.8/1, La Reina del Sur 1.5/3
ION: 0.9/1 Criminal Minds 0.8/1, Criminal Minds 1.0/2, Criminal Minds 0.8/1
TF: 0.3/0 Dona Bella 0.3/0, Cine de Las Estrellas 0.3/0
A18-49: FOX 4.9/14, CBS 2.7/8, ABC 2.4/7, NBC 2.0/6, UNIV 1.7/5, CW 1.0/3, TELE 1.0/3, ION 0.4/1, TF 0.2/1
Cara Stein is the new SVP/Chief Talent Officer for NBCUniversal, reporting directly to Patricia Langer, EVP/Human Resources, NBCUniversal. Cara’s scope of duties includes all facets of talent management from recruiting to staffing.
CBS Television Stations appointed Cathy Murphy as VP/Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. In her new position, Cathy will work with the sales forces at the 28 local stations on the development of new business efforts and strategic cross-platform sales ideas involving CBS’ O&Os, other CBS Local Media properties and advertising opportunities via CBS Outdoor and EcoMedia, CBS’ environmental media division. Before this appointment, Cathy was Sales Manager at WCBS Newsradio 880 in New York since 2009.
WCTI/Greenville-New Bern-Jacksonville owned by Bonten Media, elevated Valentina Wilson as Primary Anchor for the 6p and 11p news broadcasts. Valentina joins veteran anchor Wes Goforth in these time slots. Valentina will continue to serve as anchor at 5p and will be joined by Wes for this newscast.
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE
Advertisers, Buyers, Consumers. Shall we continue with the Decision-Makers and Executives?
With 57,000 subscribers, Cyn opsis readers are media execs from every corner of the business.
Drive Tune-In, Announce Ratings Success, Create Buzz among Influencers – Cyn opsis delivers!
Impactful Ad Campaigns delivered first every morning.
To reach decision-makers directly, contact Mike Farina – [email protected] , 203.218.6480
This day in History: 1929 – The first Academy Awards were held in Hollywood honoring films of 1927 and 1928. Best Picture went to Wings. The entire ceremony lasted 15 minutes.
Answer to Yesterday’s Trivia Question: What show are you watching if you see this slogan pasted in various places: “Questions are a Burden to Others; Answers are Prison for Oneself.” THE PRISONER Kudos to: Ray Giacopelli-Rainbow Media/NY; Brad Stern/NY; Ed Goode-Connelly Partners/Boston; Bob Eisenstaedt-Granite Springs Prods/Tampa; Mary Ryan-Raycom Media/Dallas; Milt Rost-KVRR KQDS/Fargo; Dan Whitford-MMC Group/Chicago; Alan Perris-The Television Academy/North Hollywood; Alex Petrilli-TIVO/PTZ; Sarah Burnap-MediaStream Direct/Sherman Oaks; Sam Semon-Discovery Comm/LA;
Today’s Trivia Question: What product uses this slogan — Fill in the blank: “At 60 miles an hour the loudest noise in the new ______________ comes from the electric clock”? (Email [email protected] with your answer and be sure to include your name, company, city and time zone. Unofficial rules: Only the second four correct answers from each time zone will be mentioned; and once you’ve been mentioned in any of the Cynopsis editions, you can’t be mentioned again that calendar week.)
Later — Cyn
Cynopsis Ad Sales:
Mike Farina – VP/Business Development & Sales – 203-218-6480 / [email protected]
Classifieds – Trish Pihonak- 203-381-9096 / [email protected]
To subscribe to any Cynopsis edition(s) click here .
To unsubscribe from this edition, click here
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM CLIO
Secure your place today for the CLIO Awards & Conference
www.CLIOAwards.com – Thursday, May 19th , NYC
The CLIO Conference – Featuring keynote Q&As with Nick Denton, Gawker Media, Joe Pytka, 2011 CLIO Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient, plus provocative and innovative panels!
THE CLIO AWARDS – hosted by Lewis Black & presentations of Advertiser, Agency, Network of the year & MORE!
Special Rate, $200 Off – use Promo code CYN11
HURRY LIMITED SEATS LEFT! www.CLIOAwards.com
Cyn opsis CLASSIFIEDS – For More classifieds, visit the Cynopsis.com classifieds page here .
JOB OPENING: PRODUCTION COORDINATOR/BURBANK: 3+ yrs exp in TV production mgmt; resp for managing production office, PA runs & interns, stage crew, prod reports, day to day office mgmt. Send resumes to [email protected] (5/21)
JOB OPENING: LEAD PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT/BURBANK: 5+ yrs exp in TV acctng/finance. Oversee daily hot costs & weekly cost reporting on multiple budgets for a daily talk show. Please send resumes to [email protected] (5/21)
JOB OPENING: PRODUCTION MGR/The Ellen DeGeneres Show/BURBANK: 5+yrs exp in prod mgmt for tv. Resp for creating & tracking multiple budgets, overseeing stage crew & day to day prod on stage. Resumes to [email protected] (5/21)
JOB OPENING: COORDINATOR, PROGRAM SCHEDULING & STANDARDS/GSN Santa Monica: Coordinator, Program Scheduling and Standards. BA req. 1-2 yrs tv exp. Please send res and CL to [email protected] (5/21)
JOB OPENING: COORDINATOR CORP COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLICITY/Hallmark Channel/NY: 2+ yrs exp w/ PR/Communications. Exp pitching/booking/covering media interviews. Prof w MS Ofice. See full posting & apply @ www.hallmarkchannel.com (5/21)
JOB OPENING: VP, TRENDS & PRIMARY RESEARCH/NY: #1826BR Exp in traditional & non-trad quantitative & qualitative research;well versed in generational insights & societal trends. 7+ yr exp. http://www.nbcunicareers.com/search_nbc/ (5/21)
JOB OPENING: DIR, MEDIA RESEARCH STRATEGIC INSIGHTS/NY: #1827BR Provide strategic & analytical guidance for integrated mrktng div. sales research w/new ROI research methods. 5+ yr exp. http://www.nbcunicareers.com/search_nbc/ (5/21)
JOB OPENING: EXEC ASST, PRES CABLE AD SALES/NYC: 5+ yrs exp. supporting Sr. level execs; Phone coverage; calendar mgmt./meeting coord.; Coord. complex domestic travel & expense mgmt. www.ecentralmetrics.com/url/?u=3815630905-133 (5/21)
JOB OPENING: SALES COORDINATOR/ TV Guide/ NY: Excel skills a +, Organized, Strong comm skills, Work w/AEs/Planners/Sales/Traffic/P&P Marketing. Weekly allocations, deal maintenance, daily comm w/agencies. [email protected] (5/21)
JOB OPENING: SALES PLANNER /TV Guide Network/NY: Build media plans, steward deals, assist AE in sales process, 3+ yrs agency/network exp. Competitive salary commensurate w/ exp & excellent benefits program [email protected] (5/21)
JOB OPENING: DIR OF SALES/Cynopsis Media/NY/LA (2): 5+ yrs ent media sales exp w/established contacts within industry; able to dvlp new biz for all Cynopsis Media brands, exc comm skills. Resume and salary req: [email protected] (5/20)
JOB OPENING: RESEARCH MANAGER/Vh1 SUITE AD SALES/NY: Collect & analyze Nielsen, MRI, & other rsch data. BA, 5+ yrs rsch exp reqd. Strong Mcrsft Excel & PP & writ/comm skills. EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvnetworkscareers.com (5/20)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR, PROGRAMMING RESEARCH/MTV 2/NYC. 7 + yrs TV ratings research/data analysis; Expertise in research methodology, competitive TV landscape & industry trends; B.A req. EOE/M/F/D/AAP apply www.mtvnetworkscareers.com (5/20)
JOB OPENING: PRODUCTION MGR/GLENDALE, CA: 5+yrs prod mngmnt/coordination exp. Field prod exp a must. Vendor negotiations, budget creation/oversight, field & studio crewing, cost reporting. Res/CL to [email protected] (5/20)
JOB OPENING: TEMP MKTG MGR/Rainbow-Global/NY: Execute mktg strategy. Partnr w/Intl affiliates. Deliver assets for distribtn. 5+yr digital mktg exp in Tv indstry. Rez:[email protected] (5/20)
JOB OPENING: SR COUNSEL/ABC/BURBANK: Work w/ co. execs on mktg/promotions matters (incl contests & sweepstakes) & assist w/ reality TV projects. Unscripted Prging, Mktg & Promotions 290563 http://corporate.disney.go.com/careers/ (5/20)
JOB OPENING: VP, BUS AFFAIRS/NY, LA or CLEVELAND/AGP: Resp for negotiating, reviewing & drafting agreements surrounding all of AGP’s ent, dig, & new partner relationships. More info: www.americangreetings.jobs (5/19)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR, INTEGRATED MARKETING/NBCUniversal/NYC: Looking for a Director, Integrated Marketing with Telemundo. Please visit www.nbcunicareers.com for more information and go to Req#1687BR (5/19)
JOB OPENING: SALES PLANNER/Food Network & Cooking Channel/Detroit: 2 yrs exp. in advertising, buying and/or planning or w/ ad sales Co. Proficient in MS EXCEL/PP. Full details, www.scrippsnetworks.com Req. 2266 (5/19)
JOB OPENING: VP RESEARCH/ATL: Min. 10 yrs cable/tv exp. Report writing skills. Staff mgt & budget exp. Strategic & tactical exp req.Expert at Nielsen sys & software. See job posting at www.watchgmctv.com . Res: [email protected] (5/19)
JOB OPENING: PART-TIME MARKETING CONSULTANT/NYC/Global Multimedia Co.: Experienced, director-level proj. mgr. to oversee advertising, promotions, PR, soc. media, agency/vendor mgmt. 5 half-days in office. [email protected] (5/19)
JOB OPENING: WRITER/PRODUCER/SPORTSMAN CHANNEL/NY OR WI: Seeking an innovative thinker with strong writing skills and a keen eye to create and manage cutting edge promotional campaigns. Apply: www.thesportsmanchannel.com (5/19)
JOB OPENING: DELIVERABLES MANAGER/OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network/LA: MUST HAVE exp managing show deliverables, logs & QC. Detailed oriented, production & post expert. 6-month project. Apply at: http://careers.own.tv (5/19)
JOB OPENING: EXECUTIVE IN CHARGE/NEW YORK: Heavy hitter to run a portfolio of reality & doc series. Budgets, Schedules, Mgt — and more. Huge opptny at top prodco. [email protected] (5/19)
JOB OPENING: EXPERIENCED PRODUCERS/NYC: Needed for New Daytime Talk Show. MUST have Talk Experience. Looking for committed, detail-oriented, driven, multi-taskers. Must be a Team Player! APPLY TO: [email protected] (5/19)
JOB OPENING: AP’s and PA’s/NY: Needed for Daytime Talk Show. Must be great bookers, multi-taskers and team players.APPLY TO: [email protected] (5/19)
JOB OPENING: HBO FREELANCE MGR OF ADMIN/HBO: Prepare short form contracts. Create/update HBO TV prgrm avail. 5 yrs exp req’d pref media/ent. Strong analytical skills, Excel profic. Res&C/L: http://bit.ly/m0e9WE or www.timewarner.com/careers (5/18)
JOB OPENING: CONTENT SALES MGR (2)/Thought Equity Motion/NY & LA: World leader in video rights mgmt. Expert ideation, consultative & relationship sales exp. More info: http://corporate.thoughtequity.com/ Res: [email protected] (5/18)
JOB OPENING: PHOTO MGR/National Geographic Channel/DC: Acquire/edit photography and CGI related to the publicity and marketing of National Geographic Channels’ programming. Apply www.nationalgeographic.com to Job ID 4585. EOE. (5/18)
JOB OPENING: DIR AFFILIATE MRKT/ATL: Min. 5 yrs exp. in affiliate marketing. MSO contacts, strategic & innovative, events exp req.See job posting at www.watchgmctv.com . Res: [email protected] (5/18)
JOB OPENING: MANAGER, INTEGRATED STRATEGIC MARKETING/NBCUniversal/NYC: Manager, Integrated Strategic Marketing in the Women at NBCU group. Please visit www.nbcunicareers.com for more information and go to Req#1714BR (5/18)
JOB OPENING: SALES PLANNER/20th TV/NY: Min 1yr sls support exp. Exp w/Excel/Word/PowerPoint req. Will work closely w/AE in all aspects of AD Sls process. For more info/apply: www.myfoxla.com Email: [email protected] (EOE) (5/18)
JOB OPENING: ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR-AFFILIATE RELATIONS/AT&T Advanced Ad Solutions/NY: 2+ analy/media sales/research tools. Apply- https://att.taleo.net/careersection/10161/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1119903&ctx=1 (5/18)
JOB OPENING: DIR DNI CONTENT RSRCH/DISCOVERY/SS: mng rsrch team for content/strategy; create/analyze/inform/disseminate strategic projects; exp dvlpment in media rsrch field. www.discovery.com # 3917 (5/18)
JOB OPENING: SR DIR ONLINE PR/ SOCIAL MEDIA/NY:5-7+yrs Online PR, Social Media experience. Client facing, team mgmt, budget dev and pitch exp. Entrtnmt exp a plus. [email protected] (5/18)
JOB OPENING: PROJECT MANAGER, IT/NEW YORK: Day-to-day Project Management of projects aligned to the business needs of Advertising Sales & Traffic https://www.abso.com/jobboard/Default.aspx?JOBBOARDID=618&JobDetail=94274 (5/17)
JOB OPENING: MARKETING MGR/ABC FAMILY/BURBANK: Manage development & execution of consumer mkting campaigns. Work with multiple agencies & vendors. Digital & trad. adv. exp. required. disneycareers.com REQ 283127 (5/17)
JOB OPENING: COORD MULTI-PLAT PROGRAM/DISNEY XD/BURBANK: Create and maintain schedules, metadata, VOD plat, airline plat. 1 yr tv program/sched exp needed. Digital media/multi-plat exp prefer disneycareers.com REQ 296702 (5/17)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR MEDIA/Food Network/NY: Establish comm strategy & positioning for netwk priorities. 8-10 yrs exp in agency and/or ent media exp pref’d. Exp managing multi-million dollar budgets. www.scrippsnetworks.com #2345. (5/21)
INTERNSHIPS – These positions are for credit only – nobody gets paid here. These ads are always posted for free , and students work for school credit only. For more information on the specs for posting an Internship ad, email Trish at [email protected].
SUMMER INTERNSHIP CREDITS ONLY: INTERNSHIPS /OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network/LA: SCHOOL CREDIT ONLY. Opportunities in Research/Ratings, Legal & Scheduling. Must be a College Junior, Senior or Grad Student. Apply at: http://careers.own.tv (5/19)
ROOMMATE WANTED: Need Roommate,2Be/2Ba condo,Hollywood,$1250mth+util. Garage Pkg, Security, Pool, Gym, Laundry, AC,W-in Closets, Partially furnished. F, 29 w/sm dog, seeks professional/clean/friendly. July 1st [email protected] (5/19)
SITUATION WANTED ADS, POSTED BY THOSE LOOKING TO BE HIRED … There is no charge for placing your Situation Wanted ad … for more information contact Trish Pihonak at [email protected]
SITUATION WANTED: CREATIVE MEDIA MIND Seeking to assist, Entry- Junior level positions, B.A. & Communications/Media background, 3-5 years of experience domestically & internationally. NY based. Please contact, [email protected] (5/20)
SITUATION WANTED: PRIME TIME EMMY DOCUMETARY. PRODUCER, DIRECTOR, WRITER in L.A. Credits: National Geo, PBS, Discovery, History CH, TLC and MSNBC. Contact email: [email protected] (5/19)
SITUATION WANTED: Fun, hard-working, quick-thinking domestic & international LINE PRODUCER/PRODUCTION MGR (NYC) w/12+years experience in Live Event, Competition/Reality, Formatted Series & Sports production. [email protected] (5/19)
SITUATION WANTED: Dedicated & Experienced ADV. SALES PLANNER (NYC) Sales proposals, resolving client discrepancies, quarterly post analysis, special sales service projects, expert computer skills. Contact- [email protected] (5/18)
SITUATION WANTED: POST PRODUCTION/NY: Recent Comm Arts grad with passion for children’s media seeking to asst entry-level positions for media or dist. co. Numerous experience. MS Off, Omniture ComScore inclined. [email protected] (5/17)
SITUATION WANTED: Looking for a STAR? LA-Based Media & Entertainment Partnerships Exec for Iconic Brands. Sales, Marketing & Branded Content pro w/Major Cable, Label, Agency, Digital, Non-Profit experience. MBA. [email protected] (5/17)
E-mail [email protected] or call Trish Pihonak at 203.381.9096 for rates and specs for Job Openings.
Are you looking for a job? Post your Situation Wanted Ad here — Email [email protected] for specs.
WHAT’S ON TONIGHT – MONDAY, MAY 16, 2011
ABC: Dancing with the Stars, Castle [f ]
AZTECA: Cosas de la Vida, Al Extremo, La Loba
CBS: How I Met Your Mother [f ], Mad Love [f ], Two and a Half Men [r], Mike & Molly [f ], Hawaii Five-0 [f ]
CW: 90210 [f ], Gossip Girl [f ]
FOX: House, The Chicago Code
ION: Without a Trace, Criminal Minds, Criminal Minds
NBC: Chuck [f ], The Event, L&O: LA
PBS: Antiques Roadshow,Freedom Riders: American Experience
TELE: Aurora, Los Herederos del Monte, La Reina del Sur
UNIV: Teresa, Triunfo del Amor
Cynopsis Media LLC
65 Lantern Road
Stratford, CT 06614
All outgoing e-mails are scanned and sent out virus free. Copyright Cynopsis 2011
To unsubscribe from just this Cynopsis email, please click here.