CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM TURNER ENTERTAINMENT NETWORKS
Three things you need to maximize your media impact.
One place to get them all
TURNER ENTERTAINMENT NETWORKS
TNT truTV TBS
Good morning. It’s Friday, May 20, 2011, and this is your first early morning briefing. As always, if you prefer to watch this morning’s news instead of reading it, click here .
FOX: Kitchen Nightmares at 8p
The CW: Supernatural at 9p
NBC: Saturday Night Live at 1129p
ABC: America’s Funniest Home Videos at 7p
FOX: American Dad at 730p; The Simpsons at 8p; Bob’s Burgers at 830p
NBC: Celebrity Apprentice at 9p
HISTORY: Inspector America at 10p
Showtime: The Borgias at 10p
CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM SYFY
Syfy blazes toward a year that’s all about…
AMBITION: 15 NEW ORIGINAL SHOWS.
INNOVATION: MAKING THE FUTURE HAPPEN TODAY.
IMPACT: BIGGER, BOLDER PARTNERSHIPS TO HELP YOU REACH YOUR BUSINESS GOALS.
Together, we can Imagine Greater!
Longtime NBC Sports Group Chairman Dick Ebersol announced yesterday he is resigning from the network. Ebersol has been involved in television sports for four decades with the last 22 years at NBC Sports. Mark Lazarus, President of NBC Sports Cable Group will take over as Chairman of the NBC Sports Group.
Hero pilot and author Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger, III tapped by CBS News to become its Aviation and Safety Expert. Beginning his new post immediately, Sullenberger will offer analysis of aviation safety topics and be a contributor to CBS News broadcasts and platforms across the division. Sullenberger documented his courageous emergency landing of US Airways Flight 1549 in New York’s Hudson River on January 15, 2009 in his book, Highest Duty: My Search for What Really Matters.
A full board of dates to launch the eighth season of So You Think You Can Dance hosted by Cat Deeley was announced by FOX (all shows air at 8p):
- The two-hour premiere with auditions from Atlanta and San Francisco airs May 26.
- Auditions, featuring judges Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy as well as several guest judges will continue in New York and Salt Lake City on June 1 and in Los Angeles on June 2.
- Callback rounds in Las Vegas will air on June 8 and on June 9 the Top 20 finalists will be revealed.
- June 15 is the first Live Performance Show where the Top 20 finalists will be paired to perform dances choreographed by the top names in the dance industry.
- June 16 is the show’s first Live Results Show.
So You Think You Can Dance is from 19 Entertainment Inc. and dick clark productions.
Viewers can again journey vicariously down treacherous winter roads in Canada and Alaska as a new season of Ice Road Truckers launches June 5 at 9p on HISTORY. The series is produced for HISTORY by Original Productions, a FremantleMedia Company.
Next month, A&E Network debuts new seasons of Hoarders and Intervention, both launching on June 20 at 9p and 10p respectively. Hoarders, produced by Screaming Flea Productions is back for a fourth season with ten new episodes showcasing more amazing stories of people who are extreme hoarders. Intervention, from GRB Entertainment serves up an eleventh season documenting people struggling with debilitating and dangerous addictions.
World traveler Josh Gates is ready for all-new adventures as Syfy renewed its investigative reality series Destination Truth for a fifth season, set to premiere on the network early next year. In the next season, Josh and his team journey to places such as Transylvania in search of vampires to exploring the haunted Mayan ruins of Tikal in Guatemala and more. Destination Truth is produced by Ping Pong Productions.
The City of New York’s official network, NYC Media debuts the new series NYTV offering an inside look at the Big Apple’s arts and culture scene with videos and content provided by The New York Times. The 30m series premieres next Monday at 830p on channel 25 via NYC Media. Each Monday night episode features NYC’s arts, culture and fashion news with video segments from New York Times and NYTimes.com reporters and columnists including fashion with Bill Cunningham’s “On The Street;” restaurant and drink hot spots from Frank Bruni’s “Tipsy Diaries;” urban experiences from “City Critic” Ariel Kaminer; new perspectives on classic films with A.O. Scott’s “Critics’ Picks;” and a look at the City’s architectural treasures with Christopher Gray’s “Streetscapes.”
Outgoing The CW President/Entertainment Dawn Ostroff was joined by new President of The CW, Mark Pedowitz as they presented the network’s schedule for the 2011-2012 season from Jazz at Lincoln Center.
The CW 2011-2012 Primetime Schedule
- Monday: Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie
- Tuesday: 90210, Ringer
- Wednesday: H8R, America’s Next Top Model
- Thursday: The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle
- Friday: Nikita, Supernatural
The CW introduces four new series this fall:
- Hart of Dixie – New York doctor Zoe Hart has her successful career path all figured out until she receives an invitation to work with a doctor in his small practice in Bluebell, Alabama. Soon after arriving, Zoe finds the doctor has died and left half of his medical practice to her in his will. Zoe discovers her new Southern home is not as hospitable as she expected. Rachel Bilson stars as Dr. Zoe Hart along with Jaime King among others. Produced by Bonanza Productions Inc., in association with Fake Empire, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios.
- Ringer – Sarah Michelle Gellar returns to series television in this new drama playing a woman who witnessed a murder, goes on the run and hides out by assuming the life of her wealthy identical twin sister, only to find out her sister’s seemingly perfect life is just as dangerous as the one she is running from. Kristoffer Polaha and Ioan Gruffudd also star. Produced by CBS Television Studios and Warner Bros. Television in association with ABC Television Studios and Brillstein Entertainment.
- H8R – Mario Lopez hosts this new competition series where celebrities go head-to-head with civilians who hate them and they try to win their haters over. Produced by Horizon Alternative Television.
- The Secret Circle – Orphaned teen Cassie joins her welcoming grandmother Jane in the small town of Chance Harbor, Washington, the town her mother left years before. Cassie discovers there that she is the missing link in a circle of secret witches and while uncovering the truth about herself she finds her own powerful abilities. Britt Robertson stars as Cassie. Series is based on the book series by L.J. Smith (also author of The Vampire Diaries series). Produced by Outerbanks Entertainment and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios.
For the fall season, The CW is returning the following series: Gossip Girl remaining on Monday nights; 90210 moving to Tuesday nights; America’s Next Top Model; The Vampire Diaries; Nikita switches to Fridays at 8p followed by Supernatural.
In midseason, The CW will roll out two new reality shows:
- Re-Modeled – Modeling industry veteran Paul Fisher is attempting to bring together hundreds of small worldwide agencies in a new venture called The Network. Paul’s efforts will fulfill his two goals: to make sure agents in small towns are treated fairly and to empower models to take control of their careers and lead healthier lives. Produced by Fly on the Wall Entertainment and Sony Pictures Television.
- The Frame – Competition reality series where ten teams of two are reduced to living in a stripped down version of their home living space equal to one camera frame for up to eight weeks. If a contestant goes out of the Frame, they are out of the game. The last couple standing will win a cash prize. Produced by Shed Media and Armoza International Media.
The CW is also bringing back the final season of One Tree Hill during midseason. One Tree Hill is produced by Mastermind Laboratories and Tollin/Robbins Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.
UPFRONT 2011: UNIVISION COMMUNICATIONS INC.
Univision Communications, including its three US Hispanic networks: Univision, TeleFutura and Galavision, held its Upfront event yesterday afternoon at the New Amsterdam Theatre in New York City hosted by Univision EVP/COO, Randy Falco; Univision Networks President Cesar Conde; and President/Advertising Sales and Marketing, David Lawenda. At the event, Univision also revealed expanded content involving its continued partnership with Televisa across its television and interactive platforms, new original programs as well as the launch of three new networks. Univision Communications also relayed its investment in original productions in primetime and late-night comprising nearly 500 hours.
Three new reality series on tap:
- Protagonistas (Novela Stars) – Aspiring actors get the opportunity to show off their talent to reach their goal of stardom in a novela. Weekday, Primetime. A co-production from Univision Studios and Imagina US.
- Pequenos Gigantes (Little Giants) – Twenty-eight children and seven judges are involved in this talent competition show to find the most-gifted child entertainers. Hosted by Galilea Montijo. Sunday, Primetime. Produced by Televisa.
- Si Se Puede (It’s Possible) – From Dave Broome, the creator of The Biggest Loser and Emilio Estefan, this series is a new fitness and weight loss competition focused on Hispanic families who have the desire to lose weight and change their lives for the better. The reality show will debut in January 2012 and air weekly in Primetime. A co-production of Estefan Film and Television Productions and Broome’s 25/7 Productions.
One new series for Univision:
- El Equipo – Series follows four federal officers on the job. Starring Alfonso Herrera, Alberto Estrella, Fabian Robles and Zuria Vega. Weekday, Primetime. Produced by Televisa.
Univision serves up four new novelas:
- Dos Hogares (Two Homes) – Drama centers on Angelica who marries Santiago the man of her dreams who suffers a terrible accident and disappears. She finds comfort in a nice older man whom she marries thinking Santiago is dead. She later finds out Santiago is alive and she then leads a secret double life between two homes. Starring Anahi, Carlos Ponce and Alfredo Adame. Monday-Friday, Primetime. Produced by Televisa.
- La Fuerza del Destino (The Power of Destiny) – A humble young man, Ivan is framed for a gangster’s murder and must flee from his home in Mexico to the US. Years later he returns to Mexico to face his past and falls in love with his childhood friend Lucia. Starring David Zepeda, Laisha Wilkins, Gabriel Soto, Juan Ferrara and introducing Sandra Echevarria. Monday-Friday, Primetime. From Televisa.
- Una Familia Con Suerte (A Fortunate Family) – Fernanda Penaloza, is a kind and rich socialite with an incurable disease who is distressed about her greedy relatives waiting for her to die. She contemplates suicide and is saved by Pancho Lopez who takes her to his humble home and she discovers how “rich” he is. Fernanda makes Pancho the president of her company much to the surprise of her family. Monday-Friday, Primetime. From Televisa.
- Talisman – Follows the story of Patricia Campos, a beautiful young woman who thought she had everything but her life is shattered when her true love dies and she vows to never love deeply like that again. She is convinced to love again after meeting another man then later discovers her first love is still alive. Starring Blanca Soto and Rafael Novoa. Monday-Friday, Primetime. Co-Produced by Univision Studios and Venevision Productions.
Three new drama series added to TeleFutura’s lineup:
- MIA – Set in Miami Beach, this drama centers on Mia an undercover cop who goes inside a powerful auto theft ring. Mia also has to contend with falling in love with two men – one evil and one good. Monday-Friday, Primetime. A co-production of Univision Studios and Venevision Productions.
- El Capo 2 – Thriller series returns for a second season to find out the fate of Pedro Pablo Leon Jaramillo, known as “El Capo” – the world’s most ruthless and elusive drug lord. Starring Marlon Moreno. Monday-Friday, Primetime. From FOX Telecolombia.
- La Mariposa (The Butterfly) – An original story penned by Gerardo Reyes, lead investigative reporter for The Miami Herald. The series is about a woman who launders money for drug lords in Colombia, Mexico and the US. Her life changes forever when she falls in love with the special agent who must bring her in to face justice. Starring Maria Adelaida Puerta, Michel Brown, Maria Fernanda Yepez and Salvador Zerboni. Monday-Friday, Primetime. From FOX Telecolombia.
TeleFutura has one new late-night program:
- Noche de Perros (Guys’ Night Out) – Late-night show geared to men discusses a myriad of manly topics such as sports, news, hobbies, politics and women. Monday-Friday, Late Night. Produced by Univision Studios.
The network has one new series and one new reality show:
- Kdabra – Series follows the adventures of Luca, a mysterious 17-year old guy who mesmerizes everyone. Starring Christopher Von Uckermann. Weekday, Primetime. From FOX Telecolombia.
- Prime Gourmet – El Reto (Prime Gourmet – The Challenge) – Culinary reality competition series where two chefs battle against each other and the clock to prove which one is best. Weekend. From Televisa.
Adult Swim hosted its 2011 Upfront party Wednesday night at The Roseland Ballroom in New York City with numerous celebrities and show talent in attendance including a live performance by Jay-Z as well as Aziz Ansari, Ellie Kemper, Lake Bell, Pharrell Williams, Chris Elliott, Rob Corddry and Seth Green among others.
Adult Swim has several new original series planned:
- NTSF:SD:SUV:: (National Terrorism Strike Force: San Diego: Sport Utility Vehicle) – A secret team of government agents work together to protect San Diego from terrorist threats coming in daily from such evil countries as Mexico, Canada and Guam. The series sports :15-minute episodes and is created by Paul Scheer and stars Scheer, Rebecca Romjin, Rob Riggle, Kate Mulgrew, Brandon Johnson, June Diane Raphael, Martin Starr and S.A.M., the first sentient robot on TV. Series debuts this summer.
- The Heart, She Holler – Live-action soap opera about people who have never used soap or seen an opera. The show is a satire on the “Hee-Hawification” of America set in a small town full of inbred folks. Produced by PFFR and starring Patton Oswalt and Heather Lawless, the series premieres this fall.
- China, IL – Two brothers, Frank and Steve Smith, are teachers in the history department of a state university in China, Illinois. Produced by Titmouse, Inc., the series premieres this fall.
- Tight Bros – Animated comedy about two crazy “clergybros” Vince and Aaron who were called by God to spread a holy message of peace, love and tearin’ up the club. Series will roll out in spring 2012.
- Black Dynamite – Half-hour animated series based on the film, Black Dynamite is an action/comedy/spoof about ex-CIA agent and full-time ladies man, Black Dynamite. Featuring the voice talent of Michael Jai White, Tommy Davidson, Kym Whitley and Byron Minns. Produced by Ars Nova Entertainment with animation by Titmouse, Inc. The series will premiere in spring 2012.
Adult Swim returning series:
- Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1 – (formerly titled Aqua Teen Hunger Force) airs Sundays at 1145p
- Children’s Hospital – Season three is back starting June 2 at midnight
- Delocated – Live-action half-hour comedy series debuts a third season in spring 2012
- Eagleheart – Live-action comedy series starring Chris Elliott will return for a second season
- Mary Shelley’s Frankenhole – Animated series debuts a second season in spring 2012
- Metalocalypse – Season four premieres in spring 2012
- Mongo Wrestling Alliance – Season 1 part 2 opens June 19 at midnight
- Robot Chicken – Season 5 part 2 premieres this fall
- Squidbillies – A fifth season is back in spring 2012
- Superjail! – The series airs on Adult Swim’s schedule Sundays at midnight and received a new order for 10 additional episodes produced at Titmouse Studios in NY.
Adult Swim pilots in development:
- Regal Productions – Live-action comedy created/directed/produced and starring Bob Odenkirk
- The Dummiez – A Nick Cannon project
- Untitled project with Major Lazer
- Untitled project with Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All
- Rolling with Dad – Half-hour animated comedy created by Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg
- Untitled project by Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland
Adult Swim’s returning acquisitions include: American Dad, Bleach, Family Guy, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and King of the Hill.
Effective immediately, Outdoor Channel is now available on Comcast Cable Systems in the Charleston, South Carolina market.
PBS International said its four-part series Clinton is currently in production and will premiere in the US early next year. Clinton is part of the presidential biography series from American Experience and will relate the story of President Clinton’s humble childhood in Arkansas to his rise as one of the most successful politicians in modern US history. The four-hour series is directed by Barak Goodman and American Experience is produced by WGBH Boston.
Filmmaker Chris Columbus (Harry Potter, Home Alone) made a pact with CBS to develop three future projects for the network, reports THR. The projects will be produced via CBS Television Studios and Columbus’ 1492 Pictures. If one of the projects gets picked up as a pilot, Columbus would make his television directing debut and also serve as executive producer.
Broadcast Morning News Shows – Weekly Average Ratings (week of May 9, 2011)
NBC: Today 5.71 million total viewers; 2.0/15 and 2.51 million A25-54
ABC: GMA 4.92 million total viewers; 1.5/11 and 1.84 million A25-54
CBS: Early Show 2.51 million total viewers; 0.8/6 and 1.03 million A25-54
Source: Nielsen, NTI
Broadcast Late-Night Shows – Weekly Average Ratings (week of May 9, 2011)
ABC: Nightline 4.27 million total viewers; 1.4 and 1.69 million A25-54; 1.0 and 1.28 million A18-49
NBC: Tonight Show 4.08 million total viewers; 1.3 and 1.68 million A25-54; 1.0 and 1.35 million A18-49
CBS: Late Show 3.36 million total viewers; 1.2 and 1.44 million A25-54; 0.8 and 1.05 million A18-49
Source: Nielsen, NTI
Broadcast Sunday Morning News Shows – Weekly Average Ratings (May 15, 2011)
NBC: Meet the Press 3.17 million total viewers; 0.8 and 1.01 million A25-54
CBS: Face the Nation 2.28 million total viewers; 0.5 and 650,000 A25-54
ABC: This Week 2.00 million total viewers; 0.5 and 638,000 A25-54
FOX: FOX News Sunday 1.36 million total viewers; 0.4 and 558,000 A25-54
Source: Nielsen, NTI
Wednesday A18-49 Analysis: FOX saw a surge in its Wednesday night supremacy with a 7.4/20 among A18-49, according to final national ratings from Nielsen. FOX leveled a one-two punch with American Idol during the first two hours by delivering a 6.9/21 at 8p trailed distantly by double The Middle episodes on ABC averaging a 2.1/7. At 9p, FOX’s American Idol did even better by delivering a 7.8/20 with CBS’ Criminal Minds next at 3.3/8. NBC finished first during 10p with Law & Order: SVU at 2.9/7 and CBS’ Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior was #2 at 2.0/5.
Live + Same Day Household Ratings: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 (May Sweep Day 21) time period averages. Source: NTI, Galaxy as dated. Live+SD.
FOX: 13.3/21 American Idol 13.3/21
CBS: 5.8/9 Criminal Minds [r] 4.1/7, Criminal Minds 7.9/12, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior 5.5/9
ABC: 3.7/6 The Middle 4.5/8, The Middle [r] 3.5/6, Modern Family 6.1/9, Cougar Town 3.2/5, Happy Endings 2.5/4, Happy Endings 2.1/3
NBC: 3.1/5 Minute to Win It 2.1/3, Minute to Win It [r] 1.7/3, Law & Order: SVU 5.5/9
UNIV: 2.3/4 Teresa 2.1/3, Triunfo del Amor 2.4/4
CW: 1.0/2 America’s Next Top Model [r] 0.7/1, America’s Next Top Model 1.3/2
TELE: 0.8/1 Aurora 0.5/1, Los Herederos del Monte 0.5/1, La Reina del Sur 1.5/2
ION: 0.6/1 Without a Trace 0.5/1, Without a Trace 0.5/1, Criminal Minds 0.6/1
TF: 0.3/0 Dona Bella 0.3/0, Cine de Las Estrellas [r] 0.3/0
A18-49: FOX 7.4/20, ABC 2.2/6, CBS 2.2/6, UNIV 1.8/5, NBC 1.6/4, TELE 0.8/2, CW 0.7/2, ION 0.2/1, TF 0.2/1
Starting June 6, Chris Licht switches to CBS News as VP/Programming to supervise programming and development for CBS News broadcasts and platforms. Chris is the co-creator and original executive producer of MSNBC’s Morning Joe.
Leopard Films and Remedy Productions are coming together and establishing a new independent creative entity called Argonon, involved in all genres of programming production in the UK and international markets for broadcast and digital platforms. Argonon is comprised of Leopard Films, the drama unit Leopardrama and Leopard Films USA as well as Remedy Productions and Remedy Productions Canada.
- James Burstall, CEO of Leopard Films takes on the role as CEO of Argonon and Stuart Mullin was named Argonon’s CFO.
- Remedy Production’s Toby Dormer and Juliet Borges will also be part of Argonon’s Board while Susie Field was elevated to GM of Argonon Group.
- Furthermore, Todd Austin, CCO of Leopard Films will now manage daily operations of Leopard Films in the UK. Charlie Bunce joins Leopard Films as Head/Features and Formats and recently Fiona Morris joined Leopard Films as Head/Arts and Performance.
- Leopard Films USA added Nick Rigg as President; Julian Locke upped to VP and Sara Banister hired as COO.
Friday Fun Fact: The height and width of modern American battleships was originally determined by insuring they had to be able to go beneath the Brooklyn Bridge and through the Panama Canal.
This day in History: 1939 – The first telecast over telephone wires was sent from Madison Square Garden to the NBC-TV studios at 30 Rockefeller Center in Manhattan. The event was a bicycle race.
Answer to Yesterday’s Trivia Question: Selma Plout was usually an annoyance to the main character Kate on which show? PETTICOAT JUNCTION Kudos to: Cathy Garcia-CG Activation/NY; Linda Grillo-MTV Networks/NY; Karen Yaldoo-Comcast Spotlight/MI; Don Abel-WTLH/Tallahassee; Kathryn Keiser-Haworth Marketing and Media/Minneapolis; Keith Paxton-KDFW KDFI/Dallas; John Kukla-KDFW; Dale Warshaw-KMSB KTTU/Tucson; Samuel Bernstein-Babyhead Prods/West Hollywood; Steven Wishnoff-Lifeworks/LA: Greg Stewart-Evolution Media/Burbank; Mark Simmons-Toyota/Torrance; Arthur Reinstein-Shaw Media/Toronto
Today’s Trivia Question: What regular character moved from one popular crime-drama series to its spin-off, all the while maintaining the same rank? (Email [email protected] with your answer and be sure to include your name, company, city and time zone. Unofficial rules: Only the second four correct answers from each time zone will be mentioned; and once you’ve been mentioned in any of the Cynopsis editions, you can’t be mentioned again that calendar week.)
Later — Cyn
Cynopsis Ad Sales:
Mike Farina – VP/Business Development & Sales – 203-218-6480 / [email protected]
Classifieds – Trish Pihonak- 203-381-9096 / [email protected]
To subscribe to any Cynopsis edition(s) click here .
To unsubscribe from this edition, click here
Cyn opsis CLASSIFIEDS – For More classifieds, visit the Cynopsis.com classifieds page here .
JOB OPENING: DIR, ON-AIR CREATIVE (FREELANCE)/NICK/NY: Provide strategic creative dir/leadership on all Nick prgrmng. Exc creative, conceptual thinking abilities; strong oral/written comm. Res: [email protected] (5/27)
JOB OPENING: VP TALENT BUS & LEGAL AFFAIRS/LA: Lead deal negotiation for DCL; internal bus. & creative units; handle outgoing deal mgmt responsibilities; exp bus. affairs/legal dept of entertainment company. www.discovery.com #3753 (5/27)
JOB OPENING: MEDIA PLANNER/NYC: with 1.5 yrs + exp in all media types (TV, digital, , print, radio, OOH) Profic. MS Excel, PP. Midsize agency. Entertainment account. BA/BS req’d. Plz send resume: [email protected] (5/27)
JOB OPENING: SR. ANALYST/DIGITAL RSRCH/DISNEY/CA: min 3 yrs exp in digital media research, comScore & Omniture or other web analytics tool, strong quant analytical & written skills. Apply at: disneycareers.com ID 302034) (5/27)
JOB OPENING: MANAGER RSRCH/ABC/CA: min 5 yrs exp in TV rsrch, exp in Nielsen, quan analysis, strong analytical & written skills. Apply at: disneycareers.com (req ID 297900) (5/27)
JOB OPENING: SR MGR, DIG. MEDIA MKTG/Smithsonian/NYC: Daily mgmt of Smithsonian Channel’s digital platforms & digital mktg activities. 5-7 yrs of dig.mktg exp. Entertnmnt exp big +. Apply at www.sho.com (5/27)
JOB OPENING: SALES OPS ASST TEMP/TV One/NYC: copy & order entry, data validation entry; crspond w/clnts. Attn detail MS Suite min 2 yrs office exp req’d. Brdway Sys; Ad Sales/Sales exp a+; Sal DOE Visit: www.tvoneonline.com (5/26)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR OF MARKETING, AUDIENCE DVLPT/Nickelodeon/NYC: Set overall mktg strategy across all digital. 8-10 yrs of mktg. experience with focus on digital. EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvnetworkscareers.com (5/26)
JOB OPENING: MEDIA STRATEGIST/NOISE/NY: Support clients’ interactive media needs. Pursue cutting edge media opps, craft interactive media strategies, plan/buy/place/measure & optimize media. Apply: http://noisenewyork.com/#!/careers (5/26)
JOB OPENING: SR RESEARCH ANALYST/Nielsen Co/NY: 2+ yr industry exp. National TV exp. preferred. Strong analytical, PPT, Excel skills. http://bit.ly/kV0EGx (5/26)
JOB OPENING: SENIOR MEDIA PLANNER/BUYER w/ Digital Experience/El Segundo: Media Buying Agency seeking a media buyer/?planner with 3+?years of media experience. Please send resume to [email protected] (5/25)
JOB OPENING: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/Hallmark Channel/LA: 3+ yrs exp supporting senior execs. MS Office proficiency + TV/Production/Studio exp a must. See full posting and apply @ www.hallmarkchannel.com (5/25)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR SCHEDULING/Hallmark Movie Channel/LA: 3 yrs exp w/Cable/Broadcast TV. Prior program scheduling + Inventory/Asset mgt exp a must. See full posting and apply @ www.hallmarkchannel.com (5/25)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR PROGRAMMING/Hallmark Channel/LA: 5 yrs exp w/Cable/Broadcast TV. Prior program scheduling + Inventory/Asset mgt exp a must. See full posting and apply @ www.hallmarkchannel.com (5/25)
JOB OPENING: SALES ASSISTANT- AD SALES/Hallmark Channel/NY: Exp w/ad sales/advertising pref to asst Acct Execs/Sales Planners to svc clients. Prof w MS Office req. See full posting and apply @ www.hallmarkchannel.com (5/25)
JOB OPENING: 4 JOBS: DIRECTOR/SUPPROD (FIELD); SHOWRUNNER, POST PRODUCERS & EDITORS/NY: needed immediately for cable docu soaps. Major series credits required, docu soap preferred. Resume, reel, references to [email protected] (5/25)
JOB OPENING: MANAGER, INTERNATIONAL MEDIA & AFFILIATE RELATIONS/WWE/Stamford CT: 4+ yrs exp with client relations (TV, media, knowledge of EMEA, etc.) Apply: wwe-careers.com/ (5/25)
JOB OPENING: COMEDY WRITER/PROD/NAT’L SYNDIE DAYTIME TALK SHOW/NY: For show/segment ideas & celeb hot topics segments. Exp: writer or comedy prod on talk show req’d.& strong knwldg celebrity pop culture. [email protected] (5/25)
JOB OPENING: PROJ MGR RSRCH/ATL: Mng rsch proj to support ent prgmng on TBC & TNT. BA/BS deg. 5+yrs mktg/media rsrch exp req’d. Prof in basic statistics/analysis. Res & C/L: [email protected] (5/24)
JOB OPENING: INTEGRATED SALES PLANNER /NEW YORK: Assist A&E Networks AE’s w/creating plans, integrated presentations & steward accts https://www.abso.com/jobboard/Default.aspx?JOBBOARDID=618&JobDetail=98544 (5/24)
JOB OPENING: MEDIA ANALYST/Ebiquity/NYC: Analyze media plans on both a cost & quality basis. 4-6 Yrs Media Buying/Planning Exp Req; Strong Excel and analytical skills reqd; resume: [email protected] (5/24)
JOB OPENING: iPhone/iPad GAME APP DEVELOPER/NYC: Family entertainment co seeks creative programmer w/ 2 years minimum SDK, Objective-C and Cocoa skills; gaming experience a must; Email cover letter/resume to: [email protected] (5/24)
JOB OPENING: SALES PLAN’G ANALYST/NYC: prepare budgets & forecasts. Provide sales strategy & advise sales team on revenue & reporting. Apply http://tbe.taleo.net/NA5/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MTVNETWORKS&cws=1&rid=1649 (5/24)
JOB OPENING: SR. ANALYST/TV Land Programming Research/MTVN/NYC: 2+ yr cable/bcast exp. Strong analytical/numeric skills Advanced Nielsen systems. Attn to details. BA/BS. EOE/M/F/D/AAP www.mtvncareers.com (5/24)
JOB OPENING: AE DIR RESPONSE/ION/NY: 4 yrs DR TV Sales, strong oral/written skills, duties: pricing, billing & develop new bus. client/agency contacts reqd. EOE full ad http://www.ionmedianetworks.com/page.php?p=careers&job=1298 (5/24)
, , JOB OPENING: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE/WTIC/WCCT/Hartford: Seeking two AE’s: 3+ yrs, 1+ yrs sales/media exp multi-media experience preferred; excellent negotiation skills; strong work ethic; desire to win. Resumes to [email protected] (5/24)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR MEDIA/Food Network/NY: Establish comm strategy & positioning for netwk priorities. 8-10 yrs exp in agency and/or ent media exp pref’d. Exp managing multi-million dollar budgets. www.scrippsnetworks.com #2345. (5/21)
JOB OPENING: PRODUCTION COORDINATOR/BURBANK: 3+ yrs exp in TV production mgmt; resp for managing production office, PA runs & interns, stage crew, prod reports, day to day office mgmt. Send resumes to [email protected] (5/21)
JOB OPENING: LEAD PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT/BURBANK: 5+ yrs exp in TV acctng/finance. Oversee daily hot costs & weekly cost reporting on multiple budgets for a daily talk show. Please send resumes to [email protected] (5/21)
JOB OPENING: PRODUCTION MGR/The Ellen DeGeneres Show/BURBANK: 5+yrs exp in prod mgmt for tv. Resp for creating & tracking multiple budgets, overseeing stage crew & day to day prod on stage. Resumes to [email protected] (5/21)
JOB OPENING: COORDINATOR, PROGRAM SCHEDULING & STANDARDS/GSN Santa Monica: Coordinator, Program Scheduling and Standards. BA req. 1-2 yrs tv exp. Please send res and CL to [email protected] (5/21)
JOB OPENING: COORDINATOR CORP COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLICITY/Hallmark Channel/NY: 2+ yrs exp w/ PR/Communications. Exp pitching/booking/covering media interviews. Prof w MS Ofice. See full posting & apply @ www.hallmarkchannel.com (5/21)
JOB OPENING: VP, TRENDS & PRIMARY RESEARCH/NY: #1826BR Exp in traditional & non-trad quantitative & qualitative research;well versed in generational insights & societal trends. 7+ yr exp. http://www.nbcunicareers.com/search_nbc/ (5/21)
JOB OPENING: DIR, MEDIA RESEARCH STRATEGIC INSIGHTS/NY: #1827BR Provide strategic & analytical guidance for integrated mrktng div. sales research w/new ROI research methods. 5+ yr exp. http://www.nbcunicareers.com/search_nbc/ (5/21)
JOB OPENING: EXEC ASST, PRES CABLE AD SALES/NYC: 5+ yrs exp. supporting Sr. level execs; Phone coverage; calendar mgmt./meeting coord.; Coord. complex domestic travel & expense mgmt. www.ecentralmetrics.com/url/?u=3815630905-133 (5/21)
JOB OPENING: SALES COORDINATOR/ TV Guide/ NY: Excel skills a +, Organized, Strong comm skills, Work w/AEs/Planners/Sales/Traffic/P&P Marketing. Weekly allocations, deal maintenance, daily comm w/agencies. [email protected] (5/21)
JOB OPENING: SALES PLANNER /TV Guide Network/NY: Build media plans, steward deals, assist AE in sales process, 3+ yrs agency/network exp. Competitive salary commensurate w/ exp & excellent benefits program [email protected] (5/21)
INTERNSHIPS – These positions are for credit only – nobody gets paid here. These ads are always posted for free , and students work for school credit only. For more information on the specs for posting an Internship ad, email Trish at [email protected].
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS CREDITS ONLY: Entertainment firm/NYC: 15-25 hrs wkly. Fluent read/write Chinese reqd. Fluent read/write English reqd. Apply: [email protected] (put “Internship” in subject). (5/26)
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS CREDITS ONLY Media firm/Beijing: 20 hrs wkly. Unique/exciting media internship overseas. Fluent Chinese reqd. Fluent English reqd. Apply: [email protected] (put “Beijing” in subject) (5/26)
SITUATION WANTED ADS, POSTED BY THOSE LOOKING TO BE HIRED … There is no charge for placing your Situation Wanted ad … for more information contact Trish Pihonak at [email protected]
SITUATION WANTED: Hard working marketing pro. Expertise in brand mgmt, licensing, promotions and integrated mktg seeks full-time NYC position. Passionate about working with great brands. Please contact [email protected] (5/27)
SITUATION WANTED: Dedicated & Experienced ADV. SALES PLANNER (NYC) Sales proposals, resolving client discrepancies, quarterly post analysis, special sales service projects, expert computer skills. Contact- [email protected] (5/26)
SITUATION WANTED: VO TALENT Rebecca Michaels – Confident, Caring, Quirky Voice Over talent delivers high-quality VO from home studio for all lengths of corporate & commercial gigs. Visit www.LoveThatRebecca.com for demos & details. (5/25)
SITUATION WANTED: RESEARCH DIR – 20+ yrs Media, Nielsen, Hispanic Mkt, Research, Sales, and Presentation experience. Will Telecommute. Email: [email protected] (5/25)
SITUATION WANTED: BRAND MARKETING/SOCIAL MEDIA ROCKSTAR/NY: Highly versatile marketing pro. proficient in social media strategies, brand mktg &consumer engagement. Full time/Freelance. BBA Marketing [email protected] (5/25)
SITUATION WANTED: Executive level PUBLICITY position – well respected/solid publicity pro seeks position in NY/LA or wherever the opportunity arises. Willing and eager to relocate. Please contact [email protected] (5/25)
SITUATION WANTED: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT/NY:recent reliable, and hardworking,college grad looking to work on a movie set for the summer, numerous experience under belt like dancing with the stars. [email protected] (5/24)
SITUATION WANTED: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT/NY:determined, dependable, film major looking to work on a movie set for the summer. various production experience. [email protected] (5/24)
E-mail [email protected] or call Trish Pihonak at 203.381.9096 for rates and specs for Job Openings.
Are you looking for a job? Post your Situation Wanted Ad here — Email [email protected] for specs.
WHAT’S ON TONIGHT – FRIDAY, MAY 20, 2011
ABC: Shark Tank [r], Primetime: What Would You Do?, 20/20
AZTECA: Cosas de la Vida, Al Extremo, La Loba
CBS: Flashpoint, CSI: NY [r], 48 Hours Mystery
CW: Supernatural, Supernatural [f ]
FOX: Kitchen Nightmares, Kitchen Nightmares [r]
ION: Without a Trace, Without a Trace, Criminal Minds
NBC: Friday Night Lights, Dateline NBC
PBS: Washington Week, Need to Know, Masterpiece Classic
TELE: Aurora, Los Herederos del Monte, La Reina del Sur
UNIV: Teresa, Triunfo del Amor
Cynopsis Media LLC
65 Lantern Road
Stratford, CT 06614
All outgoing e-mails are scanned and sent out virus free. Copyright Cynopsis 2011
To unsubscribe from just this Cynopsis email, please click here.