The NBA detailed activation plans for the NBA Draft this week, with promotion that includes (but is not limited to):
- American Express hosting an exclusive NBA Draft experience for approximately 140 Card Members and select executives, which will include a group photo on the NBA Draft stage, a private reception, and a Q&A/autograph/photo session with a star NBA player.
- Anheuser Busch having an integration at Draft titled “Do you Know Your Bud Challenge”.
- Cisco presenting live interviews with at least five top 2018 NBA Draftees via Cisco video conference from Barclays Center and sponsoring “Sounds of the Night” social posts, following Mohamed Bamba and Marvin Bagley III.
- JBL hosting – a “first of its kind” Instagram podcast hosted by Hot 97 personality Laura Stylez, featuring interviews with Draftees.
- Kia activating on the concourse with a NBA-branded Kia Stinger – fans can take a photo with the Kia Rookie of the Year trophy and can also receive NBA-branded premiums.
- Mountain Dew’s Kickstart Green Carpet.
- State Farm, in addition to serving as Draft title partner, presenting the “Draft Day Red Room”.
- Verizon providing on-site Draft experiences to customers who claimed these Draft rewards in the Verizon App leading up to the event.
UFC and AirAsia announced that current “OnePride MMA Pro Never Quit” women’s strawweight champion of Indonesia, Linda Darrow has been selected as the first-ever student to be admitted into its UFC Scholarship program. As part of this scholarship, Darrow will receive an all-expenses paid trip to the United States to train at the UFC Performance Institute in Las Vegas.
Pepsi, in partnership with The Players’ Tribune, released all-new animated content featuring a penned letter from Uncle Drew played by Kyrie Irving. The letter – titled “Dear Youngbloods” – features Uncle Drew teaching his “youngbloods” about the fundamentals of the game: be ready, there is no offseason, get tough and never quit. This is the first time Pepsi has commissioned a fictional character to pen an article, coming to readers ahead of the feature film Uncle Drew that will hit the big screen on June 29.
Van Wagner Sports & Entertainment inked a media and sponsorship sales representation agreement with Breeders’ Cup Limited, the organizers of the Breeders’ Cup Challenge Series and World Championships. VWSE will represent several brand categories for multi-platform sponsorship assets around the Breeders’ Cup Challenge Series, which features 26 televised races on NBC and NBCSN from June through October, and the Breeders’ Cup World Championships.
UNICEF launches its latest global initiative, “What Excites Us, Unites Us.” Coming from creative agency 180LA the campaign seeks to show how sport can bring the world together in support of the rights and wellbeing of refugee and migrant children and is led by a two-minute film (that tells the story of Santi, an 8-year-old who migrated from Bolivia to Spain, had trouble finding friends, and ultimately found acceptance in his new home country through a shared love of football.
New research conducted by Ipsos for the Fantasy Sports Trade Association found that 79% of fantasy sports players who are not current sports wagerers will likely participate in sports betting once it is legalized in their state. The results were unveiled June 20 at U.S. Bank Stadium during the FSTA Summer Conference and comes following the US Supreme Court’s recent decision to overturn the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act. In addition, 89% of fantasy players said they support legalized sports betting. Of all the sports bettors who responded to the study, over half said they would bet on sports more often if gambling were legalized, with more than one third saying their wager sizes would increase.
The NBA Draft will see Sports Illustrated serve up Crossover TV NBA Draft Extravaganza, hosted by Ben Golliver, Andrew Sharp, Rohan Nadkarni and Matt Dollinger tonight at 7p on SI.com, Facebook, YouTube and FuboTV.
IMPACT Wrestling is partnering with Australian independent professional wrestling organization World Series Wrestling to feature past and future events on the Global Wrestling Network multi-platform digital service. WSW returns to iPPV on FITE.tv with a live tour from June 22 to June 25, beginning in Adelaide and concluding in Sydney.
- ELEAGUE heads straight for GO
- PUBG Global Invitational opens the hatch
- Call of Duty eyes franchises
- LA Valiant heads home for partners
- OWL sponsors see gains
- PGL’s AR play
- Newzoo’s gamer count
- E3’s conversation starters
Karate Combat signed Jon Gerstel to serve as Executive Producer of the global professional martial arts league’s live events. The four-time Emmy winner and has worked across many sports, including the NFL, NBA, NCAA basketball, NHL, golf, tennis, boxing and MMA, not to mention his coverage of the Olympics for CBS.
2018 NBA Draft at 7p on ESPN and ESPN2.