Agenda | Venue | Speakers | Who Should Attend? | Sponsors | Register Now!
Join us for a stimulating conversation with a dynamic group of women in senior sports positions talking candidly about the challenges that women still face in landing shot-calling, game-changing positions in the sports world, as well as the opportunities those same challenges present.
Thank you to our sponsors, FOX Sports 1 and WICT. Also a special thank you to our terrific Co-Host, Colleen Dominguez, Reporter for FOX Sports.
- Best practices for marketing major sports events.
- How to maximize your social media efforts.
- The latest methods to integrate social good platforms into your overall marketing efforts.
- To both recognize and take advantage of new opportunities for women in sports management and leadership roles.
1:00 p.m. – 1:05 p.m. Welcome/Opening remarks
1:05 p.m. – 1:25 p.m. Opening Keynote: Christine Driessen, CFO – ESPN
Consistently ranked as one of the most powerful women in sports, Driessen began her career at ESPN as controller in 1985 and has shaped the company into the behemoth we see today as CFO and member of the ESPN Board of Directors. Join us as she talks about what it means to be a groundbreaker.
- Moderator: Roberta Caploe, Editorial Director - Cynopsis Media
- Christine Driessen, CFO – ESPN
1:25 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. FOX Sports Women’s FIFA World Cup Q&A
- David Neal, Executive Producer – FOX Sports
- Jennifer Pransky, Coordinating Producer, Features Division - FOX Sports
1:45 p.m. – 2:25 p.m. State of Play: Driving Women’s Sports to New Highs
Some of the most influential executives in sports will gather for a roundtable discussion examining the roles women’s sports are playing in the media, on the field and in the executive boardrooms. We will tackle the thorny questions around how to increase opportunities for women into management and leadership roles in the industry, as well as how leagues are investing in athletics. You’ll come away knowing the current trends today, as well as how to make the most of the growth for you and your company.
- Moderator: Colleen Dominguez, Reporter – FOX Sports
- Val Ackerman, Commissioner - Big East
- Laurel Richie, President – WNBA
- Donald Sun, Commissioner - AVP
- Steve Penny, President – USA Gymnastics
- Janel Koval, Director, Media Analytic Consultant – The Nielsen Company
2:25 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Keynote: Twitter Exec. Laura Froelich
As head of Sports Development & Programming at Twitter, Froelich is now charged to expand the Twitter sports horizon beyond polls, hashtags and blogs. She joins Cynopsis Sports’ Women of Action to reveal the lessons she’s learned during her journey of being female in the traditionally -male social media world and how to make the most of your own social partnerships.
- Laura Froelich, Head of Sports Development & Programming - Twitter Amplify
2:45 p.m. – 2:55 p.m. Networking Break
2:55 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Q&A Soccer United Marketing President Kathy Carter
Recent months have seen soccer continue its torrid pace in the record books, while advertisers went “all in” in their activation for the World Cup. Credit Kathy Carter, President of Soccer United Marketing, for much of that success, as she oversees all commercial and marketing aspects of the organization for the US soccer teams. With a World Cup that has broken almost every conceivable viewing record by both broadcast and digital measures and hit all-time highs for two different networks, Carter will share her insights into how she strategized to reap rewards from this World Cup and more importantly, her tenure as a woman in a C-Suite executive position – and what we can all learn from her experiences.
- Moderator: Maggie Gray, Lead Anchor/Host - Sports Illustrated
- Kathy Carter, President – Soccer United Marketing
3:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Making the Pitch: Successfully Marketing to Women
Females comprise nearly 50% of the fan base for the NFL, MLB, NBA and NASCAR – and they’re not just watching sports: they’re all over social media as well. But which are the avenues to that they respond to most? What’s the kind of language that should be used and which sorts of campaigns should be avoided? Our panel of experts will share their proven tactics in efficiently engaging female fans throughout the sports world, as they derail old myths and detail the most effective methods and case studies to drive passion and viewership.
- Moderator: Flo Bryan, SVP of Diversity & Cause Marketing - CSE
- Jody Bennett, SVP – Aquarius Sports and Entertainment
- Vanessa Shay, VP – Global Partnerships AEG
- Michael Jaquet, CMO – USSA
- Sandra Carreon-John, SVP – M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment
- Mike Messersmith, VP Marketing – Chobani
4:00 p.m. – 4:40 p.m. On Air, and On the Line
As the volume and exposure of sports platforms swell to all-time highs, opportunities continue to expand for those looking to go on camera. Yet when you Google the term “female sportscasters” you still find that the majority of Page 1 results contain the words “hottest” or “sexiest” at the top. Join top talent execs and some of the most influential faces on the air as they dissect the new risks and rewards in this swiftly moving sector.
- Moderator: Dana Jacobson, Host – CBS Sports Radio/CBS Sports Network
- Tracy Wolfson, Reporter/Studio Host – CBS Sports
- Sara Walsh, Anchor – ESPN
- Laurie Orlando, SVP, Talent Development and Programming - ESPN
- Tara August, VP Talent Relations – Turner Sports
- Rachel Nichols, Anchor – CNN
4:40 p.m. – 4:55 p.m. Impact Award: Nancy Brinker
We honor Nancy Brinker, the founder of the Susan G. Komen breast cancer organization, who drove millions of women to embrace health. However, she also turned sports marketing on its ear as the woman who turned the likes of the NFL, NASCAR and WWE pink in support of the cause. Join us as we pay tribute to Brinker with the Impact Award, and how one person’s vision transformed the way we look at using sports for social good.
- Presenter: Stephanie McMahon, Chief Brand Officer – WWE
- Recipient: Nancy Brinker, Founder – Susan G Komen
4:55 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Closing Remarks
5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Cocktail Reception
Head of Sports Development
Soccer United Marketing
Chief Brand Officer
Susan G Komen
Aquarius Sports & Entertainment
VP Global Partnerships
CBS Sports Radio/CBS Sports Network
SVP, Talent Development & Planning
VP, Talent Relations
M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment
Director of Sports Content
Dir, Media Analytic Consultant
The Nielsen Company
SVP of Diversity & Cause Marketing
Coordinating Producer, Features Division
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Content Creators
- Sales-Team Leaders
- Sales Executives
- Ad Agencies
- Media Buyers
- Online Startups
- Venture Capitalists
- And more!
- Senior Executives
- Database Managers
- PE Investors
- Technology Vendors
- VC Firms
- Digital Designers
- Digital-Services Providers
- Social-Media Specialists
- Marketing Executives
- PR Executives
- Community Manager
For sponsorship of this industry event, contact VP of Sales & Marketing, Mike Farina, 203-218-6480.
REGULAR RATE - Per Person Registration: $695 | Group Rate (3+): $645
Questions? Please contact email@example.com at 203-899-8483.
About the Venue: New York Athletic Club is located at 180 Central Park S New York, NY 10019.
The Ritz-Carlton NY
50 Central Park S
New York, NY 10019
6 Columbus Circle a SIXTY Hotel
6 Columbus Circle
New York, NY 10019