Become a leader in the digital audience revolution at American Public Media by engaging our community like never before. APM Studios, the podcast division of American Public Media, is looking for a Director, Audience Engagement & Loyalty to significantly grow and authentically engage new listeners to build deep loyalty and sustainable revenue.
This new position will require a digital rock star with an entrepreneurial mindset. Reporting to the COO, you will oversee editorial strategies and loyalty products that significantly grow and engage audience and convert anonymous listeners to known fans.
Your excellent writing skills and ability to understand and communicate with our diverse and growing audiences in a positive and authentic way will attract and engage leads critical for success in this role. This position will work hand-in-hand with APM’s Editorial, Operations, Membership, Audience Insights, Marketing Automation and Technology teams to strategize and implement compelling engagement tactics across audio, social and email channels that achieve audience and revenue targets.
Minimum Compensation: Exact salary determined by experience and education related to the role, organizational compensation structure, geographic location and internal equity.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Location: St. Paul, MN, Los Angeles, CA or New York
Focusing on the critical areas of lead generation and user identification, you will leverage your thorough understanding of user behavior and design and technology to drive engagement based on audience/user journeys. You will own the digital audio engagement pipeline to connect APM Studios to new, younger and more diverse audiences while strengthening connections with existing audiences through the delivery of highly targeted content. KPIs will include
- Growth of digital audience reach and engagement
- Active conversion of anonymous to known audiences via effective social outreach, email campaigns and CRM integrations
- Growth of loyalty-based revenue metrics
Put your unique experience and passion for the mission of public media into action. We seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and perspectives to consider employment opportunities at American Public Media.
- Lead the strategy, development, and execution of new editorial digital products tailored to new and loyal listeners and their needs
- Think holistically about our digital listeners, including the development and execution of engagement programs across the consumer journey across all our channels: audio, website, social and email.
- Devise, implement, and continually optimize an omni-channel end-to-end customer journey flow with focus on acquisition, engagement, loyalty, and conversion from anonymous to known listener.
- Drive the development of a comprehensive customer data & loyalty program that engages our listeners with personalized, targeted, and relevant campaigns across all lifecycle stages of listening to encourage acquisition, loyalty and giving
- Own and drive the analysis of all engagement campaigns based on clearly defined success metrics and find opportunities to level up
- Execute a testing program to enable experimentation aimed at increasing the effectiveness of customer data & loyalty efforts as we continuously launch and learn
- Drive reporting to the broader organization to ensure that performance and our listener journey is shared and understood for improvement and collaboration
- Develop and execute go-to-market platform strategies (i.e., audience, value proposition, positioning, messaging)
- Build and deploy email campaigns that utilize list segmentation to deliver targeted content to a variety of audience segments with growth, retention and conversion in mind.
- Employ advanced knowledge of email fundamentals, including email authentication, segmentation, A/B testing, list management and general design guidelines to grow and maintain target lists.
- Analyze email campaign performance metrics to derive key insights to optimize campaigns, including testing opportunities, product design and new campaign production.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams on communication strategies to drive effective lead generation campaigns that achieve stakeholder goals.
- Employ SEO and SEM strategies to generate inbound traffic through content creation and webpage management.
- Ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward across a matrixed organization.
- Partner with Marketing Automation teams to evolve email delivery and engagement reporting and dashboards/KPIs, ensuring full visibility and responsiveness to all aspects of email program performance.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
- Engagement Editor
- Newsletter Growth Manager
- Contract Audience Engagement Specialists (current and new productions)