We at Cynopsis are proud to reveal the results of our 2020 Workplace Satisfaction Survey. We solicited our community of agencies, brands, networks, production companies, and streamers to provide an actionable benchmark for soft benefits, incentives, employer support, flexibility, diversity, and morale. More than 800 people took the survey, who came from all sectors of the media space to share their candid opinions and perspectives when it comes to the values, goals, and attitudes at their companies.
In a time of crisis like the one we’re currently living through, the culture of your company can mean the difference between success and failure. These tangible and intangible aspects of work life are what we focused on in this survey,” says Robbie Caploe, Publisher of Cynopsis. “And although results were gathered just before the COVID-19 outbreak, the findings of the research are more paramount than ever, given our hyper-connected world and the fact that we don’t know the detailed outlines of what businesses will look like in the future.
Here are some of the key findings from the 8-page report:
- The top two soft benefits that mattered most were maternity/paternity leave.
- Just like compensation, morale plays a key role in employee retention.
- Only 31% of respondents somewhat agree that they feel inspired on an ongoing basis.
- Nearly half (47%) of respondents agree that they’re suitably paid, down -13% from our 2019 Salary Survey and down -18% from 2018.
- Ad Agencies, Cable networks, and Broadcast Networks scored highest among employees who agree that they understand their company’s vision.
Overall, employees are generally satisfied with their jobs. Review the full report to find out what other soft benefits matter most to employees, the top four factors that contribute to employee happiness, and more. Fill out the form below to download the PDF, and thank you for being part of the Cynopsis family.