The Corporate Decision Sciences group at NBCUniversal helps drive advanced analytics by building and integrating pragmatic data science principles and products throughout the Company. The group focuses primarily on decision science analyses to support and inform strategy and key business decisions, as well as building advanced data products to help support data-enhanced decision-making.
The Senior Director of Data Science will lead a team of Data Scientists that focus on the design and execution of advanced data exploration, data mining, inference and prediction of multiple traditional and non-traditional media measurement data sets. The Senior Director, Corporate Data Sciences will work closely with internal clients, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and IT across all NBCUniversal businesses. The position reports to the VP, Corporate Data Sciences.
· Lead and manage a team of Data Scientists in the development of high-impact tools for ad hoc projects and on-going operational analytic platforms
· Partner with business leaders across NBCUniversal to identify, build, and implement capabilities to leverage advanced data science within enterprise level decision-making ecosystems
· Convert business requirements to plans with well-defined objectives, timelines and responsibilities for the team and successfully execute against them
· Collaborate with our Data Engineering team to select the appropriate tools for each project, and fully exploit methods and algorithms developed for other tools and projects
· Function as a translator of complex problems and solutions across technical, business and executive units at all levels of the organization
· Manage multiple priorities across a mix of ad hoc and operational projects
· Think critically about data and the appropriate pairings of uses cases and data
· Drive the collection and manipulation of new data and the refinement of existing data sources