Business Unit Overview
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Portfolio Marketplace Insights team supports WarnerMedia Ad Sales by following and quantifying industry trends to keep decision-makers informed.
The team provides competitive and macroeconomic insights through quarterly reporting on the advertising landscape, as well as tailored deep dives into specific questions from sales leadership. As appropriate, the team delivers proactive updates on important current events to the broader research team and/or Ad Sales leadership.
The Senior Analyst will support the reporting of insights on media and marketplace trends and projecting of supply and demand.
The ideal candidate is resourceful and self-motivated, demonstrates critical thinking and creative problem-solving, and works well independently and as part of a team.
The position is responsible for tracking, analyzing, and reporting advertising trends and developments, especially as they are projected to affect WarnerMedia ad sales. This role supports the team’s ongoing perspective on the advertising landscape, including linear, digital, and social media. Projects include regular reporting and one-off research requests directly supporting ad sales initiatives such as sales strategy, agency insights, innovative ad formats, competitive forecasting, etc.
The Senior Analyst must be able to:
- Select best combination of available data sets to model marketplace (linear, digital, social) to the highest level of accuracy
- Present key findings and uncovered opportunities to sales management and key stakeholders
- Demonstrate a solid and continued growing understanding of data analytics
- Relate team’s work to core business opportunities and challenges
- Help uncover actionable insights from findings and/or learnings
- Proactively research and track marketplace trends to inform advertising forecast models and identify growth opportunities
- Maintain and dynamically assess proprietary market structure and models, to allow tracking and forecasting of linear and digital supply/demand
- Track patterns of advertising spend by category while considering industry headwinds/tailwinds including sales, marketing campaigns, product launches, economic indicators and changes in technology
- Closely monitor changes in measurement that could impact monetization
- Support the team and external partners in the creation of a central data repository for marketplace information, and the development of subsequent reporting automation
- Create data visualizations to simplify and focus information
- Work with team to prepare reports and presentations, highlighting key insights
- Proactively develop new ideas to solve business problems for internal and external clients; look outward for new ideas and industry trends using analyst reports and relevant press coverage
- Build and enhance key relationships with internal contacts and external research firms and data partners
- Interact with peers in management, customers, and vendors to interpret information and to maintain and improve cross-functional processes and programs