POSITION SUMMARY: The Specialist, Music & Media Clearances will fulfill responsibilities to help ensure that assigned media content and products, whether licensed, library, stock or original are cleared for air.
- Assist in monitoring the underlying rights and clearance process from inception through completion for all MLBN & NHLN programming and various third-party programming. Responsibilities include music supervision, music, footage & image licensing as well as standards & practices for commercial advertising airing on MLB Network and NHL Network.
- Develop and propose alternative solutions when rights cannot be secured.
- Assist in compiling and delivering music cue sheets for all MLBN & NHLN programming.
- Research emerging artists/ songs for placement within MLBN & NHLN programming.
- Maintain rights and clearances databases and ensure media content and products are noted with proper copyright information and contract terms.
- Maintain and develop communication and personal relationships with record labels, music publishers, managers, etc. to keep abreast of new music licensing opportunities.
- Copyright administration for current and backlog of accruals.
- Analyze music usage to assist in planning and creating new content deals.
- Oversee image requests, track studio show budget and provide image quarterly reports.
- Help to create gratis licensing deals with indie artists for bumper/tease/rollout use on MLBN & NHLN.
- Oversee and assign work to interns.
- Help to create new systems for tracking 3rd party content expiration dates.
- Other such duties as required.