The Social Media Manager is responsible for creating original copy, managing, and scheduling posts, overseeing community management, implementing growth and influencer strategies ensuring brand integrity is maintained.
As a social media manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends, strategies and best practice. You must have excellent communication skills and being able to express our company’s views creatively is a must. The ideal candidate will be personally active across multiple platforms and have experience running social for multiple brands, with a demonstrated ability to create and identify engaging content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency
- Develop social media campaigns
- Drive brand awareness, and engagement
- Work with brand managers to create and implement social media strategies monthly to help support follower growth, engagement, tune-in, download and subscribe
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, imagery and terminology
- Supervise all aspects of social media interaction between customers and the company, and ensure a positive customer service experience
- Create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok
- Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Sprout
- Manage monthly editorial calendar to include monthly objectives and initiatives
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Identify opportunities to inject ourselves into conversation and participate in trends, and current topics
- Request, track and manage digital assets and distribute across the digital marketing team
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Conduct competitive research on an ongoing basis, identifying opportunities for our brands, programming, and content
- Analyze the company’s digital marketing presence, practices, and performance providing weekly and monthly feedback to your manager and respective leadership
- Share your knowledge with the broader marketing and communications team.