Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that’s important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You’re fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You’re nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Spectrum Networks is looking for a Senior Producer for Mornings on 1, to be responsible for producing content for assigned shows and newscast. Contribute to special features and stories. Participate in coordinating coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials. This person will be called upon to act in a supervisory role as needed for specific shifts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produces for assigned newscasts and news inserts making decisions on story lineup, video/audio elements, graphics and timing to construct show taking guidance from Executive Producers, Assistant News Director, Assignment Manager and/or News Director
- Writes news stories for an assigned newscasts; ensuring content is factually correct and written in a clear and concise conversational style before submitting to Executive Producer for final newscast clearance
- Ability to produce live or recorded newscasts
- Initiates on-air protocol when breaking news decision is made
- Verifies stories are written to the pictures being edited and/or vice versa
- Follows through on all assignments meeting required deadlines according to the Executive Producer’s instructions
- Works with associate producers and Producers to create the newscast product
- Provides specifics on newscast content for Producers and Associate Producers
- Produces special programming as needed
- Assists in training new hires as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned