James & Co. is the premiere retained executive search firm focusing on Media, Entertainment, Sports & Consumer Facing Technology. James & Co. partners with today’s most innovative companies to diversify and build transformative leadership teams. James & Co. has a strong reputation for reducing cycle time for its clients and providing fast, effective, and efficient search process.
As a Certified Diversity Supplier and Woman Owned Business, James & Co. stands for intuition, creativity, speed and judgment combined with unrivalled methodology and team approach. Our team of researchers, recruiters, and client-focused leaders connects the most talented professionals with the most sought-after companies. It’s a process that involves deep market research, discovery and vetting of talent, and precise presentation skills. Over the last 20 years we remain dedicated and motivated to provide the highest level of service to the companies that we partner with.
Location: We are a work from anywhere organization!
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS SENIOR EXECUTIVE RECRUITER:
This individual will spend time engaging top talent and evangelizing the Firm’s proven career-making assignments for C-Suite roles.
- Contribute actively to the start-up phase of each search by participating in client kick-off meetings with the Consultant and assisting in the development of the position specification, search strategy and target list of companies.
- Gather relevant information regarding the appropriate industries and target companies. Identify potential prospects and sources and represent the client effectively in the marketplace, discussing the opportunity with relevant executives.
- Validate potential candidates through reference and source calls.
- Partner with the Consultant to develop and present a slate of qualified candidates to each client. Anticipate what needs to drive the search to closure and be prepared to supply additional information, such as related industry/segment trends, market findings, reaction to the opportunity, compensation data, etc., gained during the course of a search.
- Contribute to the preparation of position specifications, candidate presentations and reference reports adhering to the Firm’s assessment methodology.
- Communicate effectively with the Consultant and Executive Assistant, and remain fully abreast of search developments, in order to communicate accurately and credibly regarding the assignment.
- Prepare organized information for the client progress reports/meetings by teaming with the Consultant and the Client Service Coordinator. Provide an informed perspective on prospects/candidates and how they match against the key selection criteria.
- Be aware of activities and management changes in the relevant industry’s sector; keep team members apprised of relevant developments in the marketplace.
- Add to the firm’s candidate pool expertise by continually identifying and introducing new talent to the firm. Ensure that up to date assignment, company and candidate information during the course of an assignment is always available for colleagues, by leveraging technology and information from the firm’s state-of-the-art, proprietary database.
- Contribute to responses to inquiries for new business, as well as business development initiatives.