HGTV is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual with strong data analysis, storytelling and project management skills to join the HGTV Insights team at Discovery.
The Research Manager is responsible for leveraging a variety of research resources to provide data driven intelligence and consumer insights in support of content strategy and marketing initiatives. Audience behavior, programming trends, industry intelligence, and the impact of the shifting media landscape are all C-suite topics that would be communicated by the manager and team to management.
1. Work with VP HGTV Research and manage HGTV Analyst on all brand and industry related reporting
2. Interface with teams across the company to answer C-suite questions with speed, insight and accuracy
3. Cultivate strong working relationships within the broader Research and Consumer Insights, Finance, Marketing, and Digital teams
4. Assist in managing any qualitative projects that arise, including aiding in project design. Examples include program testing, marketing effectiveness, and brand insights
5. Help build and maintain databases that efficiently track and organize relevant internal and external stats including linear ratings, digital viewership, competitive positioning/analysis, industry trends and other relevant KPIs
6. Communicate data and insights in meetings, strategy sessions, emails and presentations
7. Lean into scheduling and content distribution decisions through program analytics and lead weekly research/scheduling meetings
8. Respond to ad-hoc requests regarding network, competitors and series linear performances
9. Transform research findings into actionable insights and informative stories in a polished format via email, PowerPoint, and other tools