Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is a leader in live entertainment experiences. The Company presents or hosts a broad array of events in its diverse collection of venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; and The Chicago Theatre. MSG Entertainment is also building a new state-of-the-art venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian, and has announced plans to build a second MSG Sphere in London, pending necessary approvals. In addition, the Company features the original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces the Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG Entertainment umbrella is Tao Group Hospitality, with entertainment dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.msgentertainment.com.
Working in collaboration across the MSG post-production ecosystem, this role directly supports all departmental staffing needs as the MSG Sphere Los Angeles facility expands. Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of the staffing requirements of an entire pre-to-post content production pipeline with real world experience in VFX, broadcast, studio or motion picture staff scheduling.
The ideal Manager of Scheduling and Resource Planning is a natural multitasker with knowledge of the technical capabilities of artists and technicians who will be filling positions across previz, production, editorial, color, sound, layout, stitching, photogrammetry, compositing, pipeline architecture, production technology software development, and beyond.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Manage the scheduling of all production and post-production staff and freelancers.
- Work with departmental leads to plan staffing needs and changes.
- Maintain status of freelancer availability to meet short-term staffing needs.
- Work with MSG admin and People Practices ensuring accurate and timely hiring of full-time staff and renewing or rehiring of freelance staff.
- Maintain dialogue with department heads to ensure consistent long-term staffing needs are flagged.
- Ensure project plans have enough time booked to reflect realistic resource allocation estimates.
- Resolve conflicting requests by understanding priorities based on delivery deadlines.
- Use MSG-preferred project management and staffing tools to execute all staffing activities.