The Manager, Publicity is responsible for developing and implementing general brand and program-specific publicity campaigns for Magnolia Network, Discovery, Inc.’s new joint-venture with Chip and Joanna Gaines.
The Manager should have solid interpersonal and relationship building skills as he/she will collaborate closely with the Sr. Director, Public Relations and Communications, the entire Marketing/Communications team, network executives including executive producers, development, programming, multiplatform & international departments, as well as any agency partners. The position will also work closely with network talent, outside producers, agents, managers and publicists. This position is based in New York.
1. Plan, manage and execute multiple communications and program publicity campaigns, including development of press strategy
2. Work in lockstep with other departments including production, marketing, multiplatform, talent management, etc., in the creation and execution of national and regional brand publicity initiatives
3. Collaborate with internal and external producers and talent to ideate around topics/programming arcs for development of background materials
4. Develop close working relationships with members of the press and manage the flow of information to media including television critics, editors, writers, national/regional broadcast bookers and digital outlets
5. Pitch, secure and facilitate media opportunities and field incoming press requests
6. Brief talent and/or executives for press interviews; coordinate media training sessions with talent on regular basis
7. Manage and collaborate with outside PR agencies, consultants, personal publicists, talent managers & assistants
8. Help organize presentations, press events, screenings, media tours, media training session
9. Stay abreast of developments within the industry
10. Pursue evergreen press opportunities for franchise talent