Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that’s important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You’re fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You’re nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: What we’re looking for:The Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) role is responsible for researching, enterprising, developing, writing, shooting, editing, producing and delivering live presentation of local, compelling, creative and original news stories on deadline while capturing quality visual content. Contributes to special features and stories. Creates impactful and compelling content for the viewers in our local communities. Participates in coordinating coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Research, pitch, enterprise, write, capture quality visual content, edit news stories and produce creative, original and compelling own stories for multiple platforms.
- Develop and cultivate a wide network of sources within the community and establishes a community presence outside of the newscast.
- Generate original story ideas and develop fresh angles/perspectives and enterprise pieces for the stories of the day and responsible for development of news stories from conception to completion.
- Produce original content for an assigned newscast or news series.
- Partner with legal team to ensure news content and materials meet legal requirements and help mitigate risk to the company.
- Identify long and short-term story ideas, research and discover the content and set up interviews.
- Research and verify information for original news stories by being resourceful in using beat sources, contacts and leaders and verifying facts.
- Deliver news reports, including live ad-lib and recorded reports while demonstrating energy, confidence, professional appearance and voice quality.
- Report within assigned deadlines.
- Organize material, determine angle or emphasis and write stories accordingly.
- Combine video, audio and graphics to tell the story effectively.
- Work with assignment desk editors and production staff and independently in the newsgathering process.
- Responsible for representing channel in a professional manner.
- Craft smart, appealing and accurate headlines.
- Strategically engage in social media.
- Perform other duties as assigned.