We are a branded content studio. Our main goal is to ensure our brand partners are always part of the cultural conversation. We offer full-service marketing capabilities delivering custom content and creative solutions across all our platforms and experiences, driving value for our partners and loyalty with our fans. Long story short, we make killer brand driven content wherever and whenever our partners want it.
At Velocity, we value diversity of thought, and we think your hobbies and unique viewpoints are just as important as your previous work experience. We view the world not only from our offices (though the views are pretty sweet), but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better marketers.
SO, WHATS THE JOB?
Activation is a group dedicated to campaign development and execution across ViacomCBS’ Ad Solutions. We partner with the Pitch and Creative teams to develop integrated marketing solutions that drive upfront and scatter budgets. Then, lead the activation of partner programs across all Viacom screens and networks (except BET), in collaboration with channel constituents. In addition, we manage all campaign work regarding Upfront Advertisers with sold marketing and an identified property, from pitch through activation.
As Manager, you will manage client-facing activation of linear, digital and social media marketing programs for the MTV, VH1 & CMT. You will interact with cross-disciplinary teams including clients, media agencies, Ad Solutions, creative, production, social media, editorial, legal, and external vendors. You are responsible for managing specific processes, such as vetting ideas with key stakeholder departments, securing partner materials/assets, building social media promotional strategies, and supervising the production of custom content across all platforms.
In addition, the role will serve as the Social Strategy lead for the activation team, working with business development, site strategy, and social sales teams to identify areas of opportunity to reach company and client goals. Particular areas of focus will be around proactively developing Twitter and Snapchat packages to take to market, and communicating those opportunities to the wider marketing and sales teams to help drive revenue.
THE DAY TO DAY:
- Serve as Activation point on RFP responses including but not limited to leading creative briefings and collaboration, vetting concepts with all necessary teams, developing campaign elements, confirming production budgets and assisting with presentation as needed
- Lead all aspects of activation on assigned marketing programs after sell-in including managing agency/client partners, liaising with Creative and relevant channel teams on content production and delivery, managing timelines, creating pre-pro materials, representing client needs on set, overseeing campaign launch and collaborating with media activation and cultural intelligence teams on reporting
- Serve as Social Strategy point across the group, working with respective internal groups to help develop opportunities around things like Twitter Amplify, Snapchat Shows, and Tiktok. Point will attend weekly meetings, update opportunities decks when new shows or packages are announced, and work to help determine pro-active marketing packages to be included in pitches as well as help execute things like Twitter Amplify packages that are not otherwise tied into larger programs.
- Identify best practices to apply to the team’s day-to-day efforts
- Mentor coordinators and assistants