A+E Networks has an exciting opportunity for a Manager working in Commercial Clearance. We are a versatile team with significant opportunity for growth and development. As part of the Legal & Business Affairs department, this position will help ensure advertisements are compliant with A+E’s policies and federal guidelines, and will identify high risk and sensitive issues during content and advertising review while making decisions to best position the Network.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Review scripts, storyboards, animatics, rough and final cuts across a variety of content, with a focus on high-risk commercial categories, to ensure A+E Networks’ compliance with FDA, FTC, and FCC rules as well as internal guidelines and policies.
- Independently review and evaluate substantiation and make recommendations and decisions based on that analysis.
- Negotiate and liaise with internal A+E Networks Ad Sales executives and external Ad Agencies on advertising submissions.
- Assign scheduling restrictions for risqué categories of advertising and work with Commercial Operations to schedule around certain series or episodes when appropriate.
- Research companies and organizations to help determine appropriateness of certain advocacy or “issue” campaigns.
- Review and approve competitive advertising inventory in collaboration with Ad Sales management and subject to production and policy guidelines.
- Ability to flag legal issues and consult with A+E Legal & Business Affairs department.
- Help implement and maintain a Commercial Clearance status tracking system, working with internal stakeholders (IT, Commercial Operations, etc.) and third-party vendors.
- Serve as point person on various other assignments and projects, including Standards and Practices review on live, scripted, and unscripted programming for our Programming Partnership and Enthusiast Blocks, as well as Ad Sales sponsorships, integrations, and custom content across various networks and platforms.
- Be able to provide coverage for other members of the Commercial Clearance team when necessary.