The Jim Henson Company – an established leader in family entertainment for over 60 years and recognized worldwide as an innovator in puppetry, animatronics, and digital animation – is seeking a qualified candidate for its Director of Prime Time Television. We are looking for creative and talented people who fit our core purpose and mission – to make the world a better place by inspiring people to celebrate life, be creative, respect our audience, act with integrity at all times, demand bold technical innovation, foster community by celebrating diversity and individuality, and dare to challenge conventional thought.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Director of Prime Time Television is a development position. The Director will be responsible for identifying new projects and talent in both comedy and drama for live-action and animation, will oversee development of series to pitch, and will be responsible for selling the development slate to the various networks, studios, and streaming platforms.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Responsible for building out relationships with writers, directors, agents, managers, and talent in the prime-time arena.
- Work closely with President of Television to creatively strategize building new Jim Henson Company IP.
- Oversee current production on certain prime-time series.
- Responsible for creating decks for projects to pitch and sell to networks and studios.
- The candidate will liaison with Public Relations, Legal, and the Creature Shops as needed during the development, pitching stages, and all aspects of the development and production process.