Summary & Position Overview
Who is INSP? We are many things. We’re most known for the INSP Network, one of today’s most popular cable television networks. INSP is consistently ranked in the top 10 or better in CableFax Daily’s Primetime Rankings, beating out networks like Bravo, AMC, MTV, History, Discovery and more. But we’re also a social media powerhouse with millions of fans across Facebook, Insta, Twitter, etc., and a digital content destination offering our fans games, quizzes, blogs and so much more.
At a time when most networks are losing audiences, INSP has continued to set records. Our unique programming approach has made us one of the fastest-growing basic cable networks—yes, even in this era of cord-cutting. We’re currently available to over 67 million U.S. households, 24 hours a day, through more than 2,800 cable systems, TELCOs, and digital broadcast services like the DISH Network and DIRECTV.
And, through our Imagicomm Entertainment subsidiary, INSP content is distributed on an expanding array of OTT platforms, including Netflix, Amazon Prime, and in retails locations like Walmart and more.
Our talented INSP team is what makes all this success possible and we may just need you – or someone you know – to join the team!
So you read the title, and it intrigued you, but is this the right role for you?
· Have you managed an editorial interactive experience or website?
· Do you love to think creatively and have a passion for writing and editing?
· Does the thought of digital KPIs like Page Views, Unique Users and Click Thru rates excite you?
· Do you love a good sprint planning meeting?
· Do you enjoy brainstorming collaboratively on new content ideas and ways to engage audiences on second-screens?
· Are you highly motivated and enjoy leading an equally motivated (and talented I might add) digital team?
· Are you a unicorn? (JK, no but seriously, we are looking for a unicorn in this position – jack of all trades and master of some!)
This role might be for you!
The Digital Team at INSP is looking for a Director of Digital Content and Email Marketing who will be proficient in both the day-to-day strategy & execution for curating and managing a successful website as well as leading the charge on engaging email content strategy. This role will drive both of these key areas, taking direction and prioritization from the VP, Digital Content & Social Media.
Cliff Notes version (is that even still a thing?): This role oversees all of INSP’s touchpoints on the second screen to help elevate the brand and drive-tune in to the network. What does that mean? Make a really optimized interactive website that has engaging content – and keeps the fans coming back for more, but for a deeper dive…
The Director of Digital Content & Email Marketing will be responsible for INSP’s website and digital content initiatives. Using data, this role will develop smart strategies to fuel increases in all key metrics such as: Unique Users, Page Views, Daily Active Users, Time Spent on the site and executing engaging content strategies to deliver on those KPIs. In this role, you also will collaborate across the company on website upgrades and digital builds, formulate a content marketing strategy, oversee the digital content and email editorial calendars, and analyze campaign performance over all digital metrics.
Key functions include SEO content and technical optimizations, managing internal and external writers, content auditing, blogger outreach and coordination, product and programming of the website, and sweepstakes management. This role will take on added strategic design and user experience responsibilities.
This role also steers our email newsletter program. Responsibilities include scheduling and cadence, creative design templates, content development and testing, database growth, segmentation and lifecycle journey, and subscriber management. This role will also involve developing SMS marketing strategy as another touch point to communicate with our engaged audience.
This role will directly manage at least 3 rockstar employees as well as having tangential leadership over potentially more employees, in addition to managing external contractors, agencies, writers, and developers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead strategic design and user-experience vision for the current website, INSP.com. Make front-end and back-end design recommendations and evaluate the potential for a reimagined user-experience for the site.
- Manage multiple project timelines and executions simultaneously for maximum efficiency
- Create and manage digital content & email marketing campaigns from conception to completion and results review
- Work on continuing to scale our SEO efforts in the form of content to drive Page Views and optimizing the existing content across our website and work with our development team to prioritize technical SEO upgrades
- Conceptualize digital-first content initiatives which could include content development and franchises (both written, audio, and video formats) across our website and email efforts.
- Negotiate and adhere to product/deliverables timelines between web development team, creative team, and internal stakeholders
- Maintain budgets, create, and update project & monthly reports
- Ensure analytic tracking is defined and established, working collaboratively with Digital Analytics Manager
- Ability to evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data
- Stay abreast of current digital marketing & content best practices, making suggestions to incorporate any applicable best practices into initiatives
- Update websites continuously through content management system
- Provide effective communication with all departments on project status
- Develop training materials and provide training on department workflow procedures
- Effectively encourage, teach, and lead direct report(s) as well as outside vendors/contractors