Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is a leader in live entertainment experiences. The Company presents or hosts a broad array of events in its diverse collection of venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; and The Chicago Theatre. MSG Entertainment is also building a new state-of-the-art venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian, and has announced plans to build a second MSG Sphere in London, pending necessary approvals. In addition, the Company features the original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces the Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG Entertainment umbrella is Tao Group Hospitality, with entertainment dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.msgentertainment.com.
The role will involve not only talent relations but producing and management of multiple work streams with our partners and integrating into MSG Sphere Studios productions team. The role is responsible for developing optimized processes for Creative Development and ensuring there are tangible and trackable outcomes to relationship building and creative development for Sphere. This position also serves as a creative advisor across multiple MSG divisions as stakeholders in the Sphere.
The position requires an entrepreneurial mindset with a proven track record of talent relations, a trusted network of innovators and bold creative visionaries alongside knowledge of production at scale. Proficiency in the technologies that drive the workflow and delivery of world class creative projects is highly valuable in this role. This role requires excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, with clearly demonstrated strategic execution and delivery of immersive projects with creative talent.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Accountability for talent development relationships for Sphere under the leadership of VP Creative Development. This includes managing talent relationships for multiple simultaneous projects and overseeing relevant budget management.
- Build healthy and successful relationships between external creative talent and our Experience & Design and Productions teams.
- Build relationships, negotiate and partner with a strong global network of artists, production designers and the teams required to develop and deliver immersive projects.
- Oversee and guide the external talent to ensure quality and caliber of all relevant deliverables through the full lifecycle of projects
- Advocate for best practices, comfortably challenge where needed and provide alternative approaches and solutions.
- Have your finger on the pulse of the emerging technologies that feed creative and immersive production and be able to partner with technology teams to ensure best-in-class solutions.