In this role the Communications Coordinator is a digital-savvy individual, incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the company’s brand both online and off.
Based in North Hollywood, The Africa Channel aspires through the power of storytelling and media to create a world that celebrates differences, where equality and justice is afforded to all human beings. The Africa Channel is a showcase for the African continent’s most outstanding English language television series, specials, documentaries, feature films, music, soaps, biographies, current business analysis, cultural and historical programs. These programs reflect the people of Africa, their incredible stories, their daily lives, their music and art, their successes, celebrations and challenges. Our Mission? To open up a daily window into modern African life and, in the process, help demystify Africa for American viewers.
The Communications Coordinator will work directly for the Vice President of Digital Stragtegy & Marketing and partner with Management staff and team to implement The Africa Channel communications efforts. The primary responsibility of the Communications Coordinator will be to plan, organize, direct and execute Africa Channel’s communications strategy.
- Support the development and execution of multi-channel communications strategies to drive outcomes.
- Manage all communications channels including website, social, paid media, partner marketing, PR and events to drive marketplace awareness.
- Manage incoming media requests, coordinate, execute and measure media plans
- Attend and plan industry and community events as needed.
- Develop and manage brand and media relationships including bloggers, press, influencers, talent to drive marketplace awareness.
- Manage customer relations – engage and respond to customer inquiries across all communications platforms – social, email, online forums, etc.
- Work collaboratively with staff, management, contributors and contractors to create, curate and manage content and campaigns.
- Create, refine and launch key messages and strategies to reinforce brand value propositions and key product/content launches including pitch media, briefs etc.
- Leverage analytics tools to review, monitor and report to optimize campaigns.
- Use graphic design and image editing software, particularly Photoshop and illustrator to support communications.