The Weather Channel television network is the most trusted TV news network in America, leading the industry with innovative weather storytelling, first-class storm coverage and localized weather information. For more than 30 years, The Weather Channel television network has inspired viewers to explore, investigate and appreciate the experience of weather in all its forms. The Weather Group (parent company of The Weather Channel) has introduced new streaming and social platforms Local Now and Pattrn, which draw upon the trusted heritage to reach new consumers in the rapidly changing media landscape.
Founded by Byron Allen in 1993, Entertainment Studios is a fully integrated global media production and distribution company with 7 cable television networks, dozens of first-run syndicated shows, digital media theGrio, a film distribution company, and more to come. With the recent acquisition of numerous local TV stations, OTA networks and The Weather Group, Entertainment Studios continues to aggressively grow, bringing an impressive portfolio of media properties to advertising partners.
We’re always looking for new talent to keep us on top—like someone incredible to fill the job listed here.
The Associate Director, Ad Sales Research, Insights and Innovation will be responsible for understanding the audiences of Weather Group media properties, The Weather Channel, Local Now and Pattrn, and asserting the value to national advertisers. This all-purpose role encompasses marketplace positioning, driving custom research studies, developing audience estimates, proactively providing account research support, and moving our video channels into data-driven, innovative TV marketplaces. This position will report to the Director, Strategic Insights.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create effective sales positioning that differentiates Weather Group portfolio in the marketplace. In partnership with TWG ad sales and Strategic Insights leadership, develop a strategic plan to leverage research and insights that drive winning go to market strategies for the company.
- Provide proactive category and account-specific insights to drive strategy, influence customers and win business.
- Track and inform sales team on media competitors, key ad category trends and industry innovation on a regular basis
- Develop upfront and scatter audience estimates, as well as storm estimates, that provide the foundation for revenue achievement and supports on-going inventory optimization
- Interface with key stakeholders across TWG/Allen Media on cross platform media viewing and consumer trends
- Lead data-driven advertising innovations including advanced TV and addressability with best-in-class partners to create new premium revenue streams
- Lead company engagement with Nielsen and other measurement companies to pace with industry trends and seek ad measurement solutions that drive revenue
- Develop research plan to render case studies that show proof of effectiveness for marketing partnerships