The Weather Group is the parent company of The Weather Channel television network, the most trusted TV news network in America. With an industry legacy of delivering innovative weather storytelling, first-class storm coverage and localized weather information, Weather Group launched Local Now. Local Now delivers free local news, weather, sports, traffic and community news, geo-fenced to viewers’ zip codes; re-launched in late 2020, Local Now also offers hundreds of TV channels, movies, series and more across multiple streaming and connected platforms reaching viewers worldwide.
Founded by Byron Allen in 1993, Entertainment Studios is a fully integrated global media production and distribution company with 7 cable television networks, dozens of first-run syndicated shows, multi-platform theGrio, a film distribution company, THIS! TV, a suite of top network affiliated local TV stations and more! Entertainment Studios continues to aggressively grow, bringing an impressive portfolio of media properties to advertising partners.
We’re always looking for new talent to keep us on top—like someone incredible to fill the job listed here.
The Account Manager partners with Sales to provide “white-glove” service to Local Now clients. The AM’s goal is to positively impact revenue, especially renewals, by building and delivering effective advertising service. Candidates should have prior account management experience, preferably within a media company, and a history of achieving a successful renewal rate. Candidates must demonstrate a grasp of media math, strong digital/OTT streaming media knowledge and excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- RFP Responses: Create media proposals with Planning and Inventory management; compile campaign parameters (whitelists, billing calendar, audience targeting, geographical considerations, marketing sponsorships, etc.); coordinate between departments to strategically respond to RFPs; address client’s KPI’s in proposal stage
- Facilitate productive internal cross-team communication between Research, Analytics, Planning, Ops, Ad Sales Marketing and Sales on new RFPs
- Support Sales AE’s as they pitch and negotiate deals to closure; secure necessary IO confirmation and assist with reporting revenue to management
- Onboard new clients and secure Finance approval/credit check
- Review new and revised orders within order management system for quality assurance
- Communicate campaign handover to Operations to facilitate set-up and to ensure on-time launches
- Manage campaign kick-off calls with new clients, launch timelines, configuring and delivering weekly campaign reporting, pod calls, optimization recommendations and quarterly business reviews
- Confirm that screenshots are produced by Ops and sent to clients when requested
- Work with internal teams to manage and optimize the campaign
- Coordinate and lead weekly status calls with key clients
- Monitor and send weekly reporting
- Serve as lead contact for all day-to-day client communication, capable of troubleshooting issues by relating product knowledge or by knowing where to go for the answer
- Confirm creative is accessible to ACR partner and deliver creative when needed
- Ensures campaigns are set up to bill correctly and handle billing reconciliations
- Reviews Accounts Payable reporting to ensure accuracy, minimize financial loss to the company and correct errors in customer invoicing
- Educate and guide new and existing clients on best practices
- Maximizes client retention by delivering best-in-class service; while maintaining a problem-solving mindset and a sense of urgency
- Keep Sales AE’s updated on campaign status, relationship management and assist with renewals