March 26, 2019 1:30 PM
Cost: Free to Register.
For questions, please contact Trish Pihonak (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Video download is quickly becoming a standard feature among OTT providers, because viewers are looking for truly seamless experiences. Research shows that 92% of U.S. consumers have been frustrated trying to stream video, and 50% often just give up trying to stream. Well implemented video download can enhance the audience experience and in turn boost the bottom line — but only if it’s done correctly. Otherwise, it can cause more frustration for viewers.
The March 26 Cynopsis webinar, “Mobile Video: How to Create a User Experience that Drives Revenue,” will show how to create a standout experience that keeps viewers happy – and connected. Video download has been adopted by most of the big players in OTT media: Netflix, Amazon Prime, CBS, and more. Now, countless apps are adding download. In this webinar, you will learn what to consider when looking for a video download, so you can ensure your solution will:
- Increase engagement: Having a download feature allows viewers to watch your content even when their connectivity is poor or non-existent. While connectivity issues like buffering plague viewers trying to stream video on the go, download provides a flawless viewing experience and allows viewers to engage anytime and anywhere.
- Reduce churn: Adding download to your video streaming app reduces churn by allowing viewers to circumvent issues like lag and buffering that can make watching video on mobile frustrating.
- Increase revenue: Offering a feature like download will increase subscribers and reduce churn, which in turn leads to greater revenue. Plus, studies conducted by Penthera have shown that many users are willing to pay a premium of up to $5 to be able to download video, which can provide more revenue to companies who offer it.
- Leapfrog your competitors: Not all download engines are created equal, and slow download times can frustrate users. A friction-free experience on your app ensures they won’t abandon your service for a competitor with better features.
- Offer advertising opportunities: Download for AVOD doesn’t just solve potential UX issues – what advertising opportunities does it mean for OTT providers?
- Be versatile: A download solution must be highly configurable to allow for custom settings within an app, for a number of different features.
Meet Our Executive Panel
Meet Our Moderator
who should attend?
If you work in anyone of the following capacities you should plan on attending this webinar:
Management – OTT and VOD
Engineering – OTT and VOD
Management – Entertainment
Management – Marketing and Technology
Management – Product Technology
Engineering – Product Technology
how does the webinar work?
The live audio is delivered to your location over your computer speakers. The Power-Point presentations are presented over the Internet and are available to print out after the program. This is like a talk-radio program with visuals on the Web. You and your team will be able to have a live Q&A with all the speakers.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program)
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
what equipment do i need?
For the Internet connection:
- 1 Dual core processors are preferred.
2 Mac and iOS devices only.
3 In addition to having a properly installed Adobe Flash Player your system must permit live Flash streaming.
4 Apple iPad and iPhone only. Please use Safari on iOS devices for the best viewing experience.
5 Android 4.4+. Please use Chrome on Android devices for the best viewing experience.
If using Adobe Flash Player, Version 9 or later is required.
Download a supported Adobe Flash Player
For questions or comments please contact Trish Pihonak at Trish@cynopsis.com