UPFRONT 2013: nuvoTV
NUVOtv held its upfront event at the Edison Ballroom in New York, announcing a lineup that kicks off on July 18. The network’s newly appointed Chief Creative Officer Jennifer Lopez took the stage and announced, “Latinos are a force in this country. We have huge economic power and unprecedented political and cultural influence. It’s time for television to reflect who the modern Latino actually is.” Here’s a look at what’s coming up.
- The Jennifer Lopez Biography Special [wt] (from Nuyorican Productions) offers intimate access into the personal life and career of the inspiring artist.
- Gotta Dance takes a behind-the-scenes look at the lives of professional back-up dancers on Lopez’s world tour.
- Rodney’s Joy is a docu-series featuring Grammy award-winning producer, Rodney “Dark Child” Jerkins and his wife Joy Enriquez, a former Mexican American pop star who put her promising career on hold to raise a family.
- Set in the Latin style mecca of Miami, Oribe showcases the life and times of controversial Cuban-American celebrity hairstylist Oribe Canales.
- Stand Up and Deliver showcases top Latino comics.
- Mario Lopez: One-on-One is a Hollywood insider interview format show featuring a broad array of influential Latino superstars.
Read the press release here.