05. 21 .10
UPFRONT 2010: UNIVISION
Univision Communications Inc. hosted their upfront yesterday afternoon at the Frederick P. Rose Hall/Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York. Executives from the company attending included Joe Uva, President/CEO; David Lawenda, President/Advertising Sales and Marketing; and Cesar Conde, Univision Networks President.
Univision network offers up several new novelas airing Monday-Friday in primetime:
• Eva Luna - The first Univision Studios production in association with Venevision, this story is about a modern-day romance set in Southern California centered on advertising executive, Eva Gonzalez. Eva falls in love then is led to believe her lover murdered her father.
Univision has four other new novelas all from Televisa International airing Monday-Friday in primetime:
• Soy tu Duena (You Belong To Me) - Story about a woman whose perfect life is shattered when her finance abandons her at the altar. She becomes cold and bitter and vows to never love again.
• Mar de Amor (Sea of Love) - A woman from a humble background falls in love with the major land-owner in a small village.
• Zacatillo, Un Lugar en Tu Corazon (Zacatillo, A Place in Your Heart) - Drama about a famous actress and singer, Karla Abreu whose most trusted friend and manager tries to murder her.
• Llena de Amor (Big on Love) - Modern-day ugly-duckling story about a sweet, intelligent girl who has one person in her life who understands how beautiful she really is.
Univision welcomes two weekly primetime series:
• Cuna de Lobos (Cradle of Wolves) - Set in the 1980s, this novela is also from Televisa International. A contemporary take on one of the most popular and controversial novelas in Mexico.
• Los Exitosos Perez (The Successful Perez) - Endemol USA Latino offers this comedic series about a seemingly perfect couple who are both anchors though both are having affairs on each other.
Two reality series for Univision:
• Mira Quien Baila (Look Who's Dancing) - Univision Studios, in co-production with Endemol, presents a dancing reality series combining the three things Hispanics adore - music, dancing and celebrities. Airs Sundays in primetime.
• Desafio: La Gran Batalla (The Challenge - The Big Battle) - Univision Studios and BETV partner to create a challenging reality competition where a group of participants are stranded on a tropical island with just the bare essentials. Hosted by Michel Brown. Airs Sundays in primetime.
Univision has two other Entertainment/Variety shows on their docket:
• El Gran Show (The Big Show) - Univision Studios in co-production with Imagina US serves up this two-hour family variety game show. Airs Sundays in primetime.
• Llevatelo Todo (Grab It All) - Four contestants go on a wild shopping spree without spending a cent. Airs weekends in primetime.