04. 07 .10
UPFRONT 2010: OXYGEN
At Oxygen's Upfront breakfast presentation yesterday morning in New York, described as "bagel meets bling," Oxygen Media introduces four new original series as well as the approval of two new pilots. This represents an increase of +35% in programming for 2010 compared to the previous year.
New series pick-ups for Oxygen:
• Jersey Couture - Reality docu-series focuses on the Scalis family, owners of the glamorous formal-wear shop, Diane & Co. in New Jersey. And just wait until you meet Mama! Produced by Magilla Entertainment; series premieres June 1 at 10p.
• Hair Battle Spectacular - Brooke Burns hosts this new competition series where 10 top American stylists battle against each other showcasing the best in fantasy hair design. Produced by 3 Ball Productions.
• House of Glam - Docu-series follows the stylists working at the B Lynn Group, a top image agency in the entertainment industry. Left/Right Inc. and The Foundry Media Group are producing.
• The Russell Simmons Project (wt) - Series follows the women behind media mogul and philanthropist, Russell Simmons who run his personal and professional life. The project was developed and executive produced by Simmons Lathan Media Group and Picture This Television.
Oxygen has approved two pilots in production:
• Who Wears It Best - First-ever fashion game show, hosted by Lala Vazquez, where six women will be selected from a studio audience to compete in a series of fashion challenges to win a $5,000 shopping spree. World of Wonder developed and produced the project.
• Tori and Dean: Weddings (wt) - Tori and Dean will plan one couple's wedding event, taking it from average to fabulous. Tori will work with the bride on event details while Dean helps the groom navigate and the ins and outs of the nuptials. World of Wonder is producing with Life in the Bowl Productions. Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott are executive producing along with Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato with World of Wonder.
Other Oxygen returning series:
• Dance Your Ass Off - Season two premieres June 7 at 11p and then lands in its regular time slot of Mondays at 10p starting June 14. Magical Elves produces the weight loss/dance competition series.
• BGC Miami - Bad Girls Club is back for a fifth season moving to Miami. Produced by Bunim-Murray Productions.
Additional Oxygen projects in development:
• Bachelorette Party (wt) - Series will go inside a company based in Las Vegas specializing in high-end bachelorette parties. The project was developed by Gavin Polone of Pariah Entertainment and PB&J Television.
• Make Me Under (wt) - Unique make-over series will encourage young women to stop using too much make-up and hair processing chemicals in order to find their natural beauty. Endemol USA is producing.