A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE FROM DISNEY
The new Disney Junior posted double-digit gains over last year’s day part.
New Hits, New Talent
Shake it Up, Pair of Kings, and Jake and the Never Land Pirates are our new #1 shows
Good morning. It’s Thursday, March 17, 2011, and this is your first early morning Kids briefing.
Upfront 2011: Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior
Disney Channel held its upfront presentation, themed Time to Shine, yesterday morning at Gotham Hall in NYC, where Disney showcased 13 new original series (435 episodes in 2011, 30% more than last year, which does not include acquisitions), and several new original TV movies, for Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior. The event featured musical performances by Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) and by China Anne McClain, who stars in Disney Channel’s new series ANT Farm and has a deal with Hollywood Records, a martial arts demonstration by Leo Howard, star of Disney XD’s new series Kickin’ It, and a song by Bones and Sharky of The Neverland Pirate Band (Disney Junior’s Jake and the Never Land Pirates), as well as appearances by Debby Ryan, star of the new series Jessie and The Suite Life on Deck, and the cast of Shake It Up, and Radio Disney’s Ernie D. Disney’s new (some previously announced) and returning programming for the 2011/12 season includes:
- Jessie – the newest series to be announced, wills star Debby Ryan (The Suite Life on Deck, 16 Wishes), as a Texas teen serving as an au pair to a wealthy family, with four kids, in New York City. The pilot was penned by Pamela Eels O’Connell (Family Matters, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Suite Life on Deck), who will serve as exec producer on the series. Slated to premiere in fall 2011, Jessie is described as a companion piece for Good Luck Charlie. It is from It’s a Laugh Productions.
- Gravity Falls – a new animated series that follows city kids, Dipper and Mabel Pines, as they reluctantly spend the summer with their grumpy great uncle in Gravity Falls, Oregon, but it turns out not to be a boring tourist spot, rather a strange place filled with all kinds of creatures and adventures. Created and executive produced by Alex Hirsh (Fish Hooks), Gravity Falls is produced by Disney Television Animation.
- ANT Farm – The series stars revolves around 11-year-old China Sparks, a music prodigy that attends a high school as part of ANT (Accelerated Natural Talent). China and her ANT friends do their best to make their way through high school as the youngest students there, who aren’t all that welcome by all the high schoolers. Created by Dan Signer (The Suite Life On Deck, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) and exec produced by Singer and Stephen Engel (The Big Bang Theory, Mad About You), the series is from It’s A Laugh Productions.
- Phineas and Ferb, which airs on Disney Channel and Disney XD, will be back with new episodes and an original TV movie, Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension. The new TV movie will premiere this summer. The series and movie are created and exec produced by Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Mash, and are productions of Disney Television Animation.
- Other returning series includes Shake it Up, which has been picked up for a second season, and Good Luck Charlie. A Good Luck Charlie holiday themed original TV movie is set to premiere later this year.
- Geek Charming – a new coming of age Disney Channel original movie stars Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) and Matt Prokop (High School Musical 3: Senior Year). Based on a young adult novel by Robin Palmer, the story revolves around the dynamics of high school popularity and the dreaded social hierarchy. The movie was penned by Elizabeth Hackett and Hilary Galanoy, and will be directed by Jeffrey Hornaday. Exec producers on the project are David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman (both of The Muppets, The Fighter, The Proposal) and Paul Shapiro (Detroit 1-8-7). Geek Charming is a production of Mandeville Films and Television.
- Frenemies – a new original movie that follows three pairs of friends as they navigate the world of best friends who turn into enemies, and back again. The movie is slated to premiere in 2012. Written by Dava Savel, Wendy Weiner, Jim Krieg and to be directed by Daisy Mayer, the movie’s producers are Les Morgenstein and Bob Levy. It is a production of Alloy Entertainment.
- Kickin’ It – a previously announced new live-action comedy that revolves around a struggling dojo, and the hotshot skateboarder hired to teach a ragtag group of neighborhood kids. The series was created by Jim O’Doherty (3rd Rock from the Sun), who exec produces it with Marc Warren (That’s So Raven). It is from It’s A Laugh Productions.
- Ultimate Spider-Man – the new animated series will be part of the upcoming Marvel programming block on the channel. The series follows a teenage Peter Parker, just a year after gaining his Spidey powers. Now, Nick Fury gives Peter the chance to go to the next level, learning to work with a group and become The Ultimate Spider-Man. The series’ creative team includes Paul Dini (Batman: The Animated Series, Lost), Man of Action Studios (Ben 10, Generator Rex), comprised of creators Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle; and Brian Michael Bendis (visionary behind Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man comic series).
- Tron: Uprising - the new animated series was previewed at the upfront, pretty nifty looking, and is set to premiere in fall 2012. The series is set after the 1982 Tron movie and before the most recent movie Tron: Legacy. The series will be preceded on the network by a 10-part Tron micro-series debuting in winter 2012. The voice cast includes Elijah Wood, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Mandy Moore, Nate Corddry, Lance Henriksen, Paul Reubens, Reginald VelJohnson and Bruce Boxleitner. A noted group of artists, animators, directors, producers and digital technicians includes executive producer/director Charlie Bean (Robotboy, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls), and consulting producers Edward Kitsis, Adam Horowitz (screenwriters of Tron: Legacy, executive producers of Lost) and Justin Springer (co-producer Tron: Legacy).
- Motorcity - the previously announced animated series is set in futuristic Detroit owned by an evil billionaire, Abraham Kane, who has banned personal freedoms, including cars. Kane must contend with a group of hot-rod driving rebels who want to stop him. Created by Chris Prynoski and produced by Disney Television Animation and Titmouse, Motorcity is slated to premiere in winter 2012. The voice cast is Reid Scott, Nate Torrence, Kate Micucci, Kel Mitchell, Jess Harnell, Brian Doyle Murray, Jim Breuer and Mark Hamill. It is executive produced and directed by Prynoski (Metalocalypse, Megas XLR, Downtown). Craig Lewis (Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends) is the story editor and John O’Bryan (Avatar: The Last Airbender) and George Krstic (Star Wars: Clone Wars) are staff writers.
- Returning series, both renewed for second seasons, include Pair of Kings and Kick Buttowski – Suburban Daredevil, the latter which premieres its second season next month and will feature a host of celebrity guest stars.
- Oki’s Oasis – the new animated western for the preschool set stars Mandy Moore as the voice of Oki, a kitty cat sheriff in the town of Nice and Friendly Corners. Oki helps keep the town ‘nice and friendly’ and helps solve problems as they arise with her social skills and lessons. The series is a production of Wildbrain Entertainment.
- Doc McStuffins – announced earlier, the new animated series will debut simultaneously with launch of the 24/7 Disney Junior channel in 2012. The series revolves around 6-year-old Dottie “Doc” McStuffins, who talks to and helps cure stuffed animals and toys in her backyard clinic. Created by writer Chris Nee (Little Bill), who also executive produces, and directed by Norton Virgien (Rugrats), the series is a production of animation studio Brown Bag Films in association with Disney Channel.
- Sofia the First – is a new animated special and a series pilot set in the world of the Disney Princesses. Sofia is the young daughter of a commoner single parent, until her mom marries the King, and she becomes royalty. Sofia discovers many lessons about being a real and good princess with the help of three familiar fairies in charge of the Royal Training Academy (Flora, Fauna and Merryweather from Disney’s Sleeping Beauty). The project is from Disney Television Animation.
- 7D – the animated pilot welcomes back the Seven Dwarfs from the Brothers Grimm story Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, but with a new creative take, a comic and contemporary reimagining. Set in Jollywood, the series feature music as the 7D help Queen Delightful. A production of Disney Television Animation, the pilot episode is directed by Tom Ruegger (Animaniacs), from a script by Craig Shemin (Tasty Time with ZeFronk), and character design by Noah Z. Jones (Fish Hooks).
- Minnie Bow-Toons – Set in Minnie’s Bow-Tique, the short-form animated series features Minnie and her pal Daisy Duck, and is set to debut this year. The short-form series will be followed by a full-length series that takes place at Minnie’s Bow-tique Hotel, where guests include some classic Disney characters. Minnie’s Bow-Toons is produced by Kate Boutilier and Eryk Casemiro (Olivia) and directed by Robert Ramirez (“Can You Teach My Alligator Manners?”). It is also a production of Disney Television Animation.
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates, which focuses on teamwork and features original music, has been picked up for a second season. The series is from Disney Television Animation.
India’s DQ Entertainment (DQE), an animation production and distribution company, unveiled its 3D feature film release schedule for 2012-14. Currently in development, DQE plans to release three 3D movies, one each year, for budgets of about $25-30 million each. DQE recently produced the 3D animated stereoscopic feature film, The Prodigies, which is not for kids, with Onyx Films and Fidelite Films, France, and which will be distributed by Warner Bros. and Studio37, France. DQE’s new kid/family 3D feature film production slate:
- The Jungle Book (releasing 2012-13) – the movie is an extension of DQE’s CGI animated The Jungle Book TV series, is also based on the original work by Rudyard Kipling.
- The New Adventures of Peter Pan (2013-14) – the movie storyline features the fight to save Neverland from Captain Hook as well as other ‘unimaginable evils’ that inhabit Neverland. Wendy, Michael and John will join Peter on the adventure.
- The Phoenix and The Flying Carpet (2013-14) – originally written by Edith Nesbit, the story follows the adventures of five kids and the millennial phoenix, a hugely vain bird, around the world.
Nickelodeon‘s series Fanboy and Chum Chum, featuring the voices of Josh Duhamel and Jamie Kennedy, heads to DVD for the first time on May 24, 2011. Created by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and distributed by Paramount Home Entertainment, the Fanboy and Chum Chum DVD will feature eight adventure from the first season of the CG-animated series as well as bonus content, such as six Fanboy and Chum Chum shorts and the pilot episode of Nickelodeon’s series Planet Sheen.
FremantleMedia Enterprises (FME) takes Crown Creative‘s Rebecca Bonbon design property to China, adding further exclusive rights ownership of the brand. FME has appointed Promotional Partners Worldwide (PPW) to act as the official master licensee for Rebecca Bonbon in the region in a three-year deal. PPW and FME will work together to develop a consumer product drive and licensing program for Rebecca Bonbon in China, specifically targeting teen girls and young women, in order to help expose the brand and attract licensees. PPW will focus on generating deals in the apparel, accessories, jewelry, timepiece, mobile and computer accessories, stationery, gifts, home decoration and confectionery markets, as well as establishing exclusive retail partnerships and creating collaborative apparel collections with well known Chinese fashion brands. Created by designer Yuko Shimizu, the original Hello Kitty designer, Rebecca Bonbon continues to be popular in Japan, and in other parts of the world including the US and Canada. FME represents the Rebecca Bonbon worldwide (excluding Japan and Korea).
Universal Pictures and Walmart launch a retail program tied to the new mixed live action/CG-animated movie Hop, the second film from Illumination Entertainment that opens April 1. Beginning today, consumers can go to 3,000+ Walmart stores and create Hop-themed Easter baskets, and shop the in-store movie-inspired Candy Factor that offers 100 exclusive licensed products, which includes candy, toys, activities, and apparel. Hop products available at Walmart come from a range of licensees including: Frankford Easter baskets; Hershey’s (candy); Frankford (chocolates and candy); Garan (boys t-shirts); Topsville (girls t-shirts); Bakery Craft (cookies, craft items); Create a Treat (cookie decorations); Keystone Bakeries (baked goods); Kool-Aid and Country Time Lemonade; Kraft Mac & Cheese; Velveeta Shells & Cheese; Funrise (plush, bubbles, pinwheels, paddle board, memory card game); Dalmatian Press (coloring and activity books); Townley (bath and body products). Walmart will also offer Hop-themed video games for the Nintendo DS, DSi and 3DS, greeting cards and kid’s books.
Big Tent Entertainment expands two licensing partnerships for its pop culture property Domo. Following up on their original Domo licensing deals, Concept One and Dark Horse Comics enter into new multi-year pacts with Big Tent to develop a wide range of products based on Domo in categories including accessories and novelties, which will be available this year and moving forward. Under its new deal, Concept One will create Domo-themed computer sleeves, silicone phone cases, rubber bracelets, bikinis, booty shorts, belt buckles, and a full range of new bags, headwear, cold weather accessories, small leather goods, flip flops, and slippers. Dark Horse Comics newly expanded deal will see it create Domo tin lunch boxes and PVC figures that will be sold at retail in sets.
Video game publisher 505 Games will release a new Johnny Test game exclusively for Nintendo DS on March 29, 2011 in North America, and then in Europe in September 2011. Based on Cookie Jar Entertainment’s animated series, which airs on Cartoon Network, this is the first full-length Johnny Test videogame. The Johnny Test videogame storyline starts as Johnny tampers with Susan and Mary’s ‘Real Life Simulator’ machine, unintentionally giving Mr. Wacko access to the machine, who then uses it to turn the town of Porkbelly into a Medieval city. Additionally, Brain Freezer holds the twins’ Gil Nexdor hostage. Johnny and Dukey push the limits and use their endless gadgets to fix the experiment gone wrong. The game features include: 12 funny adventurous levels, including videogame parodies; lets gamers play as Johnny or as his alter egos Johnny X or Trooper J!; plays with limits (like speed limits, time limits, physical limits) with a collection of gadgets from the lab; gamers can change Johnny’s mood and ego through each different level to help alter each situation. The game will release in Europe in September 2011.
SpottyWot and DottyWot, stars of the animated series the WotWots, will make their first pubic appearance in Canada at the 10th annual Capital Parent & Kid’s Show in Ottawa on April 2 and 3, 2011, at the Nepean Sportsplex. The WotWots is produced by Pukeko Pictures and made at Richard Taylor’s Weta Workshop (Lord of the Rings, King Kong).
Bestseller Children’s Fiction (top 10), Week of March 14, 2011: Title; Author (Publisher)
I Am Number Four; Pittacus Lore (Harper)
Beastly; Alex Flinn (HarperTeen)
Witch & Wizard; James Patterson & Gabrielle Charbonnet (Little, Brown)
The Lost Hero; Rick Riordan (Disney-Hyperion)
Red Riding Hood; Sarah Blaley-Cartwright (Little, Brown/Poppy)
The Red Pyramid; Rick Riordan (Disney-Hyperion)
Witch & Wizard: The Gift; James Patterson & Ned Rust (Little, Brown)
The Book Thief; Markus Zusak (Knopf)
Moon Over Manifest; Clare Vanderpool (Delacorte)
Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not So Popular Party Girl; Rachel Renee Russell (Aladdin)
Compiled from data received from independent and chain bookstores.
Source: Publishers Weekly
Program Call: Cynopsis Media will be producing our annual MIPTV Shopping Guide sent to all Cynopsis and Cynopsis Kids subscribers on Thursday, March 31, the week before MIPTV 2011 in Cannes. If you’re exhibiting at MIPTV this year and would like to have your programming included, please send us only the following info for your top 5 shows: title, availability date, number of episodes, length, type (i.e., movie, series, special, etc.), genre and your terms (barter, cash, etc.) as well as your company’s stand/booth location. To be included in this free and highly-viewed special edition, please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 25, 2011. A confirmation email will be sent following each submission from Lisa (if you don’t receive a confirmation email, please resubmit).
A CYNOPSIS MESSAGE
The Kids! Market, the 1st in the Upfront 2011 Special Edition Series, will provide an
in-depth look at the 2011 selling season from both the Buyer and Seller perspectives.
Upcoming Upfront 2011 Special Editions
Cable (4/6), Syndication (4/19), Spanish Language (5/3), Broadcast (5/16)
Ad Space is limited (Cable, Spanish Language, Bcst Editions are Sold Out).
Contact Mike Farina to reserve today: email@example.com, 203.218.6480
Answer to Yesterday’s Trivia: If in a soft melodic tones you instructed of “happy trees” and “happy little clouds” and “pretty mountains”, who were you? BOB ROSS: THE JOY OF PAINTING Kudos to: Brendan Bishopp-The Beacon Media Group/Mahwah; Julie Stowell-Tribune Media Services/Queensbury; Rebecca Gottlieb-Cartoon Network/NY; Robert Levy-Nickelodeon/NY; Heather Floore-KDAF/Dallas; Matthew Bergeron-Disney Channels Worldwide/Burbank; Brett Ashy-The Ashy Agency/LA; Tanya Pirozzo-Nelvana Marketing/Toronto
Today’s Trivia Question: What current animated series included this exchange: “If you believe in angels, then why not unicorns or leprechauns?” … “Oh, Lisa, everyone knows leprechauns are extinct.” (Email Cynthia@cynopsis.com with your answer and be sure to include your name, company, city and time zone. Unofficial rules: Only the second four correct answers from each time zone will be mentioned; and once you’ve been mentioned in any of the Cynopsis editions, you can’t be mentioned again that calendar week.)
Gwen Billings for Cynopsis Kids!
To subscribe to any Cynopsis edition(s) click here .
To unsubscribe , click the button at the very bottom of this email.
Cyn opsis CLASSIFIEDS – For More classifieds, visit the Cynopsis.com classifieds page here .
JOB OPENING: DIGITAL ANALYTICS MANAGER/The Oprah Winfrey Network/LA: Min 5 yrs.exp in web analytics, expert in Omniture and Excel, strong analytical, written and verbal skills. Apply at: http://careers.own.tv/ (3/24)
JOB OPENING: VP,ON-AIR PROMO/Lifetime/NY:8+ yrs exp.Direct, prod/mng the on-air creative brand for Lifetime, LMM & Lifetime Real Women. Highly creative, excellent writing & presentation skills. Apply to: www.aetn.com/careers/html (3/24)
JOB OPENING:DIST NEW MEDIA SPCLST/AETN/NY:Launch & manage new media initiatives (VOD, BROADBAND, ENHANCED TV). 3 + yrs exp in digital media or entertainment. Knwldg of TV prgmng prod workflow a +. www.aetn.com/careers/html (3/24)
JOB OPENING: WRITER/PROD/Lifetime/NY :Ideate/conceptualize/brainstorm innovative Integrated Mktg Campaigns that fulfill Ad Sales, Cons Prod & Dig Media objectives.3 yrs TV prod exp on-air promos pref. Apply: www.aetn.com/careers/html (3/24)
JOB OPENING: WRITER/PRODUCER/Lifetime/NY :Conceptualize, write and produce high impact promo launch campaigns for unscripted series. 3 yrs exp in TV On-Air Promotion. Apply to: www.aetn.com/careers/html (3/24)
JOB OPENING: VP,STRATEGY & CONS MKTG/Lifetime/NY:Dev & direct strategies for break thru mktg & best in class adv campaigns. 10+ yrs exp in media, promo, advrtsng preferably in TV or ent.Apply to: www.aetn.com/careers/html (3/24)
JOB OPENING: CREATIVE DIRECTOR/New York: Dev conceptual/strategic design solutions that fit bus goals while adhering to position of brand https://www.abso.com/jobboard/Default.aspx?JOBBOARDID=618&JobDetail=93498 (3/24)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR DISTRIBUTION/Hallmark Channel/New York: 5 yrs exp w/Sales req. Req exp handling MSO accts (pref Top 10) incl. carriage negotiations. See full posting and apply @ www.hallmarkchannel.com (3/24)
JOB OPENING: SR RSCH ANALYST/A&E/LIFETIME/HISTORY/NY : 2+yrs exp Nat’l media rsrch from cble, brdcst, synd or ad agency; Nat’l Nielsen sys & data knwlg a must. Detail oriented/strong writ/oral comm skills. www.aetn.com/careers/html (3/24)
JOB OPENING: WRNN TV PREDITOR/Rye Brook NY & Long Is: Editorial knwldg, tech & post prod skills. Use of final cut, logic, pro tools to assemble show, pkgs, standups, music, graphics, chyrons. Some field production. firstname.lastname@example.org (3/23)
JOB OPENING: VARIOUS OPPORTUNITIES(Reporter, Producer, Engineer, Assignment Editor, Traffic Manager, MCO and Videographer)/WRNN-TV/Rye Brook, NY: For full job descriptions please visit http://fios1news.com/LongIsland_Careers.php (3/23)
JOB OPENING: SHOWRUNNERS, LINE PRODUCERS, PRODUCTIONS MANAGER AND STORY PRODUCERS/NYC: Needed to staff several new home makeover/construction shows. Resume/Cov letter. Specific exp. absolutely mandatory email@example.com (3/22)
JOB OPENING: DIR, INTEGRATED MARKETING/MTV/NYC: 7+ yrs exp. creating multiplatform marketing programs at a TV/media company. EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvnetworkscareers.com (3/22)
JOB OPENING: SUPERVISING PRODUCER/VH1/NYC: 7+ yrs exp reality TV production: BOTH competition-elimination & docudrama is a must; Reality Supervising Producer credits req; EOE/M/F/D/AAP www.mtvnetworkscareers.com (3/22)
JOB OPENING: AFFIL SALES COORD/Sportsman Channel/NY: 1-3 yrs brdcst or cable/TV/ent exp, Simmons/Nielsen/MRI knwldg pref’d. Profic in MS PP, plan various meeting materials incl. sales decks, rsrch, etc. www.thesportsmanchannel.com (3/22)
JOB OPENING: DIGITAL VIDEO COORD/The Hub/Burbank: Contract role. Schedule, distribute, & monitor video across digital platforms, including VOD, online, & social media. Apply at http://thehub.catsone.com/careers (3/22)
JOB OPENING: CREATIVE DIR. ON-AIR/Oprah Winfrey Network-LA: Oversee promos, short form, int. marketing. Highly creative, xlnt writing, presenting and mgmt. skills. 8-10 yrs exp http://careers.own.tv (3/22)
JOB OPENING: DIR COMM/Discovery/NY: Dvlps, oversee & execute multiplatform comm strtgy & wrks w/internal/external prdcrs to conduct rsrch & coord media opp ;7+yrs exp media relations, campaign & ppl mgmt. www.discovery.com #3314 (3/22)
JOB OPENING: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE/TV Guide Online/NY: AE w/ 5+ yrs digital ad sales exp a must. Multi-platform sales exp preferred. Competitive salary commensurate w/ exp & excellent benefits program firstname.lastname@example.org (3/22)
JOB OPENING: FREELANCE MGR/ABC & SOAPnet Integrated Mktg/LA: Assist w/exec of advertiser driven mktg, integration & promo programs. Expertise in PM & execution. Apply@ ABCNetwork.SalesJobs@abc.com / Info@ disneyabcjobs .com#287652 (3/22)
JOB OPENING: PROD MGR/SESAME WORKSHOP/NY: Manage all Digital Media projects’ operations budgets, invoices, contracts, resource planning. Relevant operational experience in web, mobile, gaming a must. Human.Resources@sesame.org (3/18)
JOB OPENING: PROD ASST/SESAME WORKSHOP/NY: Support Digital Media creative team in game design, scriptwriting, etc. Smart, funny team player who likes kids and Sesame Street. Resume and portfolio to Human.Resources@sesame.org (3/18)
JOB OPENING: OPERATIONS ANALYST/VISIBLE WORLD/NYC: responsible for developing solid metrics of ad operations and business processes. 2-3 yrs of project mgmt, business analysis, or audit exp. http://www.visibleworld.com/jobs.html (3/18)
JOB OPENING: DIR, PRICING & PLANNING/TV Guide/NY: Anlyzing pricing&aprvals, liability anlysis, ratecard dvlpmnt&mgmt, budgting&modeling, invntry mgmt. 5+yrs exp cable/ brdcast AdSales, strng writ/comm skill. email@example.com (3/18)
JOB OPENING: MGR PRIMARY MKT RSRCH/ABC FAM/NY: Initiate, execute primary mkt rsrch to support Ad Sls & Mktg; oversee linear & digital rsrch.Exp in executing digital rsrch studies essential. disneycareers.com ID# 280275 (3/18)
JOB OPENING: DIR DVLPMNT/Discovery/LA: Communicate/coord w/vendors & internal dept; create & conceptualize prgmmg for domestic talent; 7+ yrs exp cable or brdcsting prod, exec in charge or head of dvlpment. www.discovery.com #2489 (3/18)
JOB OPENING: VP DVLPMNT /Discovery/LA: Contribute to strategic plng, content dir, channel mgmt & executing prmmg strategies through prod & dvlpmnt process; 8+ yrs exp dvlpment & prod in general entertainment. www.discovery.com #2490 (3/18)
JOB OPENING: RESEARCH DIR /IPSOS OTX/NYC: Manage projects for media focused studies. Survey dev’t, sample design, & report preparation. 8 – 12 yrs supplier/client-side experience in market research. Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org (3/18)
JOB OPENING: SR ANALYST/MTVN DIGITAL RESEARCH/NYC: 3+ years primary and secondary research experience. Assist with surveys, interviews, focus groups, lit reviews, etc.EOE/M/F/D/AAP. Apply www.mtvncareers.com (3/18)
JOB OPENING: SR MGR RSRCH/Discovery/Silver Spring MD: Mng all Science Channel rsrch efforts; Utilize Nielsen ratings data to guide decision-making & strategies for prgrmng, sched’g, comms & mktg, 5+ yrs exp. www.discovery.com #3410 (3/18)
JOB OPENING: DIR MARKET RESEARCH/BET/NYC or DC: 5-7 yrs exp with prog research, mkt and Nielsen ratings-mgmt./supervisory experience key! (NMR databases) send resumes to email@example.com (3/18)
JOB OPENING: DIRECTOR, LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS/National Geographic Channel/DC: Negotiate and draft agreements for programming, sales, syndication and talent. Apply www.nationalgeographic.com to Job ID 4552. EOE. (3/18)
JOB OPENING: MARKETING COORDINATOR/ MANAGER /YOU ON DEMAND/NYC: Manage video promotion and print marketing initiatives for video on demand deployments in China. 2-3 years marketing experience in media. Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org (3/18)
INTERNSHIPS – These positions are for credit only – nobody gets paid here. These ads are always posted for free , and students work for school credit only. For more information on the specs for posting an Internship ad, email Trish at email@example.com.
SUMMER INTERNSHIP CREDITS ONLY: Univision SALES MARKETING INTERNSHIP: provides practical experience in the communications industry and teaches daily operations within sales and marketing for Univision.com. Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org (3/18)
SUMMER INTERNSHIP CREDITS ONLY: SALES/MARKETING SUMMER INTERNSHIP /PLUM SALES/NYC: Gain practical experience in the communications industry by working with a top-notch sales & marketing team at a multi-platform media company. Resume to email@example.com (3/17)
SITUATION WANTED ADS, POSTED BY THOSE LOOKING TO BE HIRED … There is no charge for placing your Situation Wanted ad … for more information contact Trish Pihonak at firstname.lastname@example.org
SITUATION WANTED: EXPERIENCED TV PRODUCER WITH MBA – I have an MBA and 9 years experience as a TV Producer. Ideally looking for a position that integrates content and brands. Also open to other opportunities. email@example.com (3/24)
SITUATION WANTED: 15+ year MEDIA SUPERVISOR who specializes in placement and all clearance work but can provide extensive top quality fully gratis cues for any production email: firstname.lastname@example.org (3/24)
SITUATION WANTED: MANAGER/DIRECTOR FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS/LA. 10+ yrs exp in corporate entertainment finance. Extensive background in financial budgeting, planning, modeling and executive presentations. email@example.com (3/24)
SITUATION WANTED: MEDIA SALES/MARKETING MANAGER/LA: 17+ years experience in educational, documentary, advertising media sales, content development,biz development True Closer!!!!! firstname.lastname@example.org (3/22)
SITUATION WANTED: DOCUMENTARY. PRODUCER, DIRECTOR, WRITER/L.A: Five prime time Emmys. Credits: National Geo, PBS, Discovery, History CH, TLC and MSNBC. Contact email: Nyehouse@sbcglobal.net (3/22)
SITUATION WANTED: FASHION STYLIST/NY based: 10 yrs exp, looking for on air or digital pro/content /exp.with music/editorial/celebrities. Contact e-mail pbbowwowstyle@gmai, l.com (3/22)
SITUATION WANTED: ANALYTICAL AE FOR DIGITAL OR TV AD SALES/NY: I assure you that I am qualified, and will prove to be a valuable addition to your firm. 3 yrs in Finance & 9 yrs in Ad Sales. Let’s grow together. email@example.com (3/18)
SITUATION WANTED: PROGRAMMING EXECUTIVE/LA: 30 years negotiating the best VOD, PPV, and Digital Media deals with US and foreign studios, indies as well as licensing tasteful adult content programming. firstname.lastname@example.org (3/18)
SITUATION WANTED: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT/ASSISTANT VIDEO EDITOR/NJ/NY: 2+ yrs exp video editing and tv news production; http://www.linkedin.com/profile/edit?trk=hb_tab_pro_top ; Email: email@example.com (3/18)
E-mail Trish@cynopsis.com or call Trish Pihonak at 203.381.9096 for rates and specs for Job Openings.
Are you looking for a job? Post your Situation Wanted Ad here — Email Trish@cynopsis.com for specs.
Cynopsis Media LLC
65 Lantern Road
Stratford, CT 06614
All outgoing e-mails are scanned and sent out virus free. Copyright Cynopsis 2011
To unsubscribe from future mailings, please click here.