The Royals victory in the 2015 World Series once again handed FOX with a winner, as Game 5 drew a 10.0/17 household rating/share with 17.2 million viewers to rank as the most-watched Game 5 since 2003. The final contest was up 37% in rating and average audience over 2014 Royals-Giants Game 5 a year ago. Kansas City posted a 60.0/80, the highest rated single market for a World Series Game since Phoenix posted a 62.3/80 for Yankees-Diamondbacks 2001 Game 7, while New York followed with a 25.5/40 for the contest. FOX Deportes’ own Spanish-language telecast of Game 5 averaged 296,000 total viewers, the most for a World Series Game 5 telecast in the channel’s history and up 41% for total viewers vs. last year’s Game 5.
Overall, the 2015 Fall Classic averaged an 8.7/16 household rating/share for FOX, with 14.7 million viewers, up 6% over last year’s full seven-game performance, while viewership of the 2015 World Series on FOX Sports GO was up 136% year-over-year.
Meanwhile, TiVo released its top five moments from the 2015 World Series, based on live and same day ratings.
1. Nov. 1 Game 5 Game goes into extra innings
2. Oct 31 Game 4 Bartolo Colon strikes out Perez for the third out in the sixth.
3. Oct. 27 Game 1 Escobar hits an inside-the-park home run to deep center in the first inning.
4. Oct. 28 Game 2 Cespedes grounds to third but was ruled safe at first.
5. Oct. 31 Game 4 Familia gives up a single to Perez scoring Hosmer and giving the Royals a 5-3 lead.