With the Spurs clinching the series in only five games, the 2014 NBA Finals on ABC wrapped up with an average of 15,524,000 viewers and a 9.3 U.S. household rating, according to Nielsen, with both figures up from last year’s series between the two teams (through five games). The clinching contest reeled in 17,881,000 viewers, up 10% from 16,267,000 viewers last year and a 10.3 rating, up 8% from a 9.5 rating a year ago. On ESPN3, the NBA Finals averaged 374,000 unique viewers, rising 53% from 244,000 unique viewers for the first five games of the 2013 NBA Finals.
Here’s TiVo’s Top Moments for the 2014 NBA Finals:
1. Game 5: 10:47pm – As time winds down the Spurs clinch their fifth NBA Championship, ranking them fourth overall in the history of the league.
2. Game 5: 10:27pm – Tony Parker pulls up short on a drive and hits a 7 footer giving the Spurs an 18 point lead with 7:09 left in game 5.
3. Game 2: 10:38pm – Following a Ginobili miss, James drives with 1:18 remaining in the game and kicks it out to Bosh for a 3 giving the Heat a 95-93 lead.
4. Game 5: 9:55pm – With the Heat down by 14 in the 3rd quarter, Wade drives in for a dunk that is rejected by Splitter.
5. Game 4: 10:52pm – The Spurs up by 19 in the 3rd quarter, moving the ball seemingly at will, pass the ball to Duncan inside who slams home a dunk.