Google finds 54% of video ads not viewable across web

Houston, we have a video viewability problem. Nearly 46 percent of video ads across desktop and mobile web are never seen, according to a new report from Google. Based on the video ads the search giant serves across the web, that number does not include spots on YouTube. Google reports 91 percent of YT video ads on sites and apps showed up on a screen at least half in view for at least two seconds (MRC standard). Of the unviewed ads, not including those not viewed on YT, 76 percent never appeared on the screen or played in a background. The remaining 24 percent could be seen, but a user scrolled past the video before playing for two seconds. YT only runs video ads within the player, which is part of the TrueView that only charges advertisers if the brand’s ad is watched for 30 seconds.

Related Stories

We make it easier!

We make it easier!

Job of the Week EVP, CONTENT PAC-12 NETWORKS SF Oversee/mng Linear & Digital Prod, Talent, Remote/Studio Production Ops & Programming depts. Former demonstrated record of strong leadership & general mngmnt. Strong knwlg collegiate content & strong familiarity w/nat’l & regional sports ntwk. Full info/apply HERE CynopsisJOBS Good morning. It’s Wednesday November 22, […]

We can help you find a NEW JOB!

We can help you find a NEW JOB!

Job of the Week EVP, CONTENT PAC-12 NETWORKS SF Oversee/mng Linear & Digital Prod, Talent, Remote/Studio Production Ops & Programming depts. Former demonstrated record of strong leadership & general mngmnt. Strong knwlg collegiate content & strong familiarity w/nat’l & regional sports ntwk. Full info/apply HERE CynopsisJOBS Good morning. It’s Wednesday November 22, […]

CBS and PBS sever ties with Charlie Rose

CBS and PBS sever ties with Charlie Rose

Shortly after CBS This Morning’s Gayle King and Norah O’Donnell addressed the absence of suspended co-anchor Charlie Rose on Tuesday’s show – “This is a moment that demands a frank and honest assessment of where we stand and, more generally, the safety of women,” said O’Donnell – CBS fired Rose. In a letter, CBS News […]

OWN sets Perry premiere dates

OWN sets Perry premiere dates

New Tyler Perry comedy The Paynes has its series premiere Tuesday, January 16 with back-to-back episodes starting at 10p on OWN. The House of Payne spin-off stars Cassi Davis and LaVan Davis, as well as Jackee Harry (227). Perry’s The Haves and the Have Nots returns for season 5 on Tuesday, January 9 at 9p, […]

Amazon Echo Show regains YouTube access

Amazon Echo Show regains YouTube access

Amazon and Google seem to have worked out some of their issues. The Echo Show, the version of Amazon’s smart speaker that comes equipped with an integrated display, has regained access to YouTube videos. Google started preventing the device from accessing YouTube back in September; the company said that Amazon’s implementation of YouTube on the […]

CynCity

Cynsiders

Instagram