The Vice President, Digital Content & Social Media, will lead all strategy & content efforts in support of insp.com, the network’s digital properties and all social media platform development. This position is the key point person on all digital content initiatives and the network’s go-to social media strategist and evangelist.
The VP will develop and implement strategic digital content initiatives to support INSP priorities and initiatives across multiple platforms, resulting in increased TV ratings, network demand, digital traffic and content consumption, audience growth/acquisition and heightened franchise and network digital brand awareness.
The role will liaise with Programming, Promotions, Worldwide Sales, Affiliate Sales and Corporate Communications to develop and implement strategic plans to support both digital initiatives and linear growth, resulting in online traffic and video streams, audience engagement and the strategic rollout and measurement of video content. The role will be the lead on developing new digital content initiatives – such as webseries, live chats, etc. – and the key point person driving strategy and the development of metrics to track effectiveness.
The role will also initiate marketing and digital content syndication partnerships, database newsletter subscription and creative, social messaging and engagement, digital product development, and retention management. This role must have experience in creating digital content strategies and plans, ideally for a media & entertainment product – tune-in experience ideal.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work with key stakeholders, Digital Media Development, Creative, Research, etc to create an industry-leading website and social media presence for the network.
* Lead/execute digital content rollout strategies in support of linear and digital properties.
* Partner with internal departments (affiliate marketing, consumer marketing, programming, promotions, worldwide sales, affiliate sales and research) to understand all lines of business and how digital and social properties can help cross-departmental objectives.
* Identify viral, digital word-of-mouth marketing opportunities with the goal of driving traf?c and creating brand awareness for the networks and their programming.
* Optimize internal marketing efforts to drive traf?c, build franchise/show awareness on digital properties, and refine online messaging, on-site/platform retention and engagement, and e-mail management.
* Execute the marketing strategy around social media in partnership with programming and promotions.
* Develop and manage against assigned budgets.
* 10+ years of digital and social content creation and strategy experience within the entertainment and media sector
* Experience in managing and mentoring a staff
* Proven successful track record in leading digital brand development and social growth
* Innovator with strong strategic and operational experience and perspective
* Ability to lead cross-company efforts and coordination
* Expert time-management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
* Expert approach to analyzing data through digital measurement solutions
* Solution-oriented approach and creative thinking are required
* Flexibility to work in a highly creative and multi-faceted company
* Demonstrated strong understanding of the INSP brand/content as well as demographic-specific
cultures and how they relate to the business
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
* Bachelor?s degree or applicable progressive experience in driving media consumption and/or tune-in
* Strong business ethics
• Organizational, Decision Making, Problem Solving and Oral/Written Skills
• Strong Initiative, Ambition, Work Ethic
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
• Creative and Innovative
• Strong presentation and relationship building skills
• Ability to work with multiple internal service bureaus
• Ability to work under pressure and handle tight deadlines
• Ability to think and develop outside the box and lead others to do the same
• Ability to manage/lead and interact effectively with Senior Management
• Must be a team player and be able to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Work within the INSP brand guidelines
Normal workday is 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday; additional hours may be required to meet deadlines in the dynamic environment of a 24/7 broadcast operation. This description may expand to include other duties as required.
INSP Core Values: