NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more – is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting… all in one destination… all in one app.
You will be joining a blue-chip team with significant media experience in addition to varied professional services backgrounds. The NBCU Ad Sales Strategy team is responsible for driving long-term growth opportunities for the wider sales organization. Acting as strategic consultants, this dynamic team supports Ad Sales and corporate stakeholders across a wide range of initiatives including ad experience, ad product innovation, sales optimization, go-to-market strategies, budgeting and planning analyses, and market insights.
The Sr. Director, Ad Product Strategy will report into the VP of Ad Experience & Ad Product Strategy. This strategic product role will be responsible for managing the full lifecycle
of ad products for the new direct-to-consumer streaming service by creating exceptional value for consumers and advertisers, generating long-term competitive advantage and delivering year-after-year profitability for NBCUniversal Ad Sales.
The position will interface with business leaders across multiple functions, both inside and outside of Ad Sales. We are looking for a passionate, analytical and highly-effective individual with a strong product background to bring innovative thinking to our team.
Support the overall ad product strategy for the new direct-to-consumer streaming service, including: ideation, competitive analysis, market overview, business planning and positioning that enables NBCU to maintain a competitive advantage.
Holistically understand core problems and requirements from clients/agencies, consumers, sales and support.
Manage and explore partnership opportunities with relevant industry players to improve business driven product KPIs.
Identify new ad product opportunities from industry trends/challenges and perform market/competitive analysis to inform product decisions and roadmap.
Building business cases for new ad products and features and prioritizing needs based on company objectives.
Partner with various functions within the direct-to-consumer product team and within the company including technology, sales, marketing, insights, strategy and operations to successfully position products and features for optimal client use and growth.
Serve as product expert in internal strategic discussions with product and ad sales leadership.
• Minimum of 7 years of ad product management experience
• Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a team in a matrixed organization
• Excellent communication skills, confident in managing, influencing and growing relationships with senior stakeholders internally and externally
• Experience developing new ad products and solutions driving incremental advertising performance
• Deep knowledge of the ad technology and OTT landscape
• Passion for creative innovation, backed by demonstrated ability to execute and deliver
• Analytical skills, with the ability to build business cases, analyze data, and debate financial models with senior stakeholders
• Commercial, strategic and technical mind-set with strong attention to detail
• Understanding of customer journeys and experience of driving conversion to sale
• Comfortable with regularly meeting the challenges of tight deadlines and juggling multiple projects at once
• Organized and structured, ability to reliably deliver on plans and forecasts is critical
• Highly motivated and independent
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills