POSITION SUMMARY: MLB Network seeks a Specialist, Affiliate Sales & Marketing with strong knowledge and a passion for baseball and hockey, as well as the media industry. The position will help support the Affiliate Sales department through a variety of marketing and account management tasks which will help expand awareness and distribution of MLB and NHL Networks among traditional and virtual MVPDs worldwide.
- Serves as primary liaison to internal and external groups on creation of all B2B and consumer-facing affiliate materials, including: newsletters, sales presentations, marketing materials (digital, print, radio, web, etc.), social media assets, mailings, etc.
- Work with Sr. Director to develop a season-long calendar of the department’s promotional/programming priorities and a plan to communicate that to affiliates.
- Spearhead creation, development, implementation, execution, and fulfillment of annual affiliate promotion and ancillary programs.
- Serve as primary point of contact for affiliate marketing approvals and coordinate appropriately both externally and internally.
- Manage direction and updates of affiliate website.
- Manage affiliate mailings and material distribution, i.e., premiums, informational brochures, notifications, invitations to sponsored events, etc.
- Plan year-round cross channel strategy and coordinate with appropriate groups on creation, production and distribution of video assets.
- Work closely with affiliates to help leverage the network partnership and maximize promotion, tune-in and awareness of MLB Network and NHL Network.
- Host and provide hospitality at games, MLB and NHL jewel events and network events.
- Represent networks effectively at various industry trade shows and conferences.
- Other such duties as required.
It is expected that the Specialist, Affiliate Sales & Marketing will maintain and increase knowledge in the Affiliate Sales discipline as well as the business on an ongoing basis.