Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE’s feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
The Senior Research Analyst, part of the Americas Research team, supports ad-hoc and ongoing research projects across Sony Pictures Television (SPT) three lines of business: Distribution, Production and Networks. Some responsibilities include: providing timely content tracking for Canada and US Hispanic and content trends analysis on OPs, formats and U.S. series, as well as a broad range of market intelligence on the regional and global television industry, including TVE and social media, utilizing secondary resources that will include internet, multiple research data software, industry reports, etc.
- Create and maintain regular reports, from start to end, including the FTV LATAM monthly reports, U.S./USH and U.S./CAN side by side reports, SPT comps in LATAM and Trends across U.S. series, formats and local language original productions.
- Responsible for the performance trackers for SPT products and competitors: Canada and USH
- Provide ad-hoc ratings analysis to support Americas distribution and LATAM production & Networks
- Develop and write sales presentations and TV ratings analysis reports on key products
- Analyze and report on networks grids, social media and OTT trends.
- Gather and disseminate intelligence on regional and global television business and consumer trends across all platforms, Free TV, Cable, Pay TV and SVOD.