The Senior Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs will serve as a legal point of contact and provide legal support for all aspects of content acquisition by the Direct-To-Consumer programming team, including a wide range of issues relating to the licensing of film, television, news, sports, live events and original programming for exploitation on the NBCU streaming service set to launch in 2020. This role will report to the division’s Senior Vice President.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independently draft, review, negotiate and interpret a range of contracts and other legal documents and manage other lawyers in the division working on acquisition, marketing and similar matters.
- Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues, and propose practical, responsive solutions.
- Identify and implement improvements to forms and processes.
- Partner with NBCUniversal business executives, as well as colleagues in the Law Department, to discuss and implement best practices and formulate new processes in connection with business needs.
- Other matters as needed at the direction of the division’s General Counsel and its Senior Vice President.