This is an exciting opportunity to join the media research team that supports advertising sales efforts for Discovery Inc.’s leading passion brands -Food, TLC, OWN and Cooking Channel across all platforms including television, digital devices and social media.
The Senior Ad Sales Research Analyst is responsible for leveraging a variety of research resources to provide data driven intelligence in support of advertising sales and marketing initiatives.
With direction from their manager, they will provide research data and insights including audience profiles and trends, competitor, market and industry intelligence.
Day to day responsibilities will be focused on utilizing varied data systems and translating that information into digestible information in excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint slides, so a high level of comfort with numbers and different computer systems is necessary.
1. Partner with ad sales teams to produce actionable insights, compelling stories, and persuasive network positioning
2. Position networks within the ad sales marketplace
3. Use analytical and syndicated research systems to produce relevant sales and network reports, analyses and presentations
4. Communicate data and insights in meetings, strategy sessions, emails, and presentations.
5. Assure that research reports are consistent, accurate, and timely
6. Update and maintain monthly and quarterly reports and all relevant research archives
7. Collaborate with ad sales research colleagues to exchange relevant information, and insights