The Network Operations VP will oversee and mentor ION’s technical operations and support teams involved in the post-production of ION’s TV programming and commercial operations as well as ION’s Network Operations. Responsible for the origination and distribution of ION’s satellite network feeds to ION’s O&O stations, OTA station affiliates, and MVPD partners.
- Provide strategic technical leadership in post-production operations, network satellite distribution, quality control, engineering, content management, TV traffic, and scheduling systems.
- Implement a strategic ROI-based approach to planning, budgeting, project management, and staffing; forecast technical system replacement cycles and costs.
- Execute strategic plans to improve network system reliability, maximize operational efficiency and achieve cost-effectiveness.
- Oversee department heads involved in the ingestion, editing, QC, and distribution of ION programming and commercials used in the creation of linear and non-linear television on-air networks.
- Foster interdepartmental relationships with key stakeholders and use dashboards to report progress to senior leadership.
- Author and publish detailed reports documenting the ongoing work, repairs, longer-term issues and new initiatives.
- Negotiate vendor agreements to achieve strategic and financial goals.
- Develop Business Continuity contingencies for network operations and support.
- Develop and mentor departmental managers to facilitate an open and high performance environment.