The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal media agency that handles the strategy, buying, execution, and reporting of all media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s TV networks and TV Everywhere streaming services (Discovery, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, etc.), along with subscriptions to their direct-to-consumer digital products (Motor Trend and GOLFTV).
This role is a position within the Media Strategy and Analytics team, specifically within the Paid Acquisition Strategy pod. S/he will be responsible for assisting in the development of digital media plans that are strategic and data-driven, with the goal of efficiently acquiring subscribers/users to GOLFTV, Motor Trend, and Discovery’s TV Everywhere platforms.
1. Work closely with the Media Manager to oversee the development, execution, and analysis of Motor Trend, GOLFTV, and TV Everywhere paid acquisition campaigns that will primarily run across SEM, paid social, and programmatic.
2. Assist with the trafficking of digital assets and ad tags to ensure all campaigns launch on-time with flawless execution.
3. Ensure all campaigns are set up proper attribution tracking (such as Kochava) to enable full campaign attribution.
4. Maintain key planning and benchmark documents, assist will campaign billing, and gather launch confirmation details.
5. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure paid acquisition efforts align and are lockstep with the larger promotional strategy.
6. Assist with the reporting of strategic insights that can be leveraged across the team such as best performing messaging and audiences. This includes the constant collaboration of structured A/B tests with paid media campaigns.
7. Work closely with the internal Investment/Buying team to ensure campaigns are executed flawlessly and are optimized towards the campaign goal. This includes creative asset delivery/trafficking and the implementation of the necessary campaign tracking and tagging.
8. Responsible for staying up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies – particularly across paid performance marketing vehicles.