OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Manager of Scheduling works closely with the Director of Scheduling to plan monthly schedules. Active participant in long-term planning including generating stunt ideas and promotional opportunities, inventory evaluation, and research analysis… all in support of the network’s performance and revenue goals. Responsible for the input of programming information into scheduling systems, maintenance of schedule documents and calendars, and tracking of competitive landscape. Serve as liaison to internal and external contacts for disseminating information and answering questions. Interface with the Multi-Platform Scheduling team on how programs are used across platforms. Manage various special projects as needed.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively participate in the scheduling of movies, specials, acquired series and original programming.
- Create and disseminate monthly program schedules and associated documents.
- Oversee the creation of schedule changes documentation, ensure their accuracy and responsible for their distribution.
- Enter monthly schedules and schedule changes into multiple systems including Rights Logic, Wide Orbit and Excel.
- Work with the Operations team to manage program versions and formats scheduled to air, ensuring accuracy of version scheduling.
- Participant in the creation of long term scheduling strategies including generating ideas for stunts and marathons. Track inventory to ensure stunts can be sustained.
- Monitor relevant competitive programming information to make scheduling recommendations.
- Create, maintain and distribute monthly inventories and assist in inventory tracking.
- Collate and distribute original series metadata and field listings inquiries.
- Maintain and update ratings documents to track performance.
- Manage various special projects as needed.