Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com
Provide support to the research team, primarily in its efforts to conduct test screenings, in addition to commissioning/distributing brand positioning and creative testing studies. Responsible for building strategy documents that take all of these collective findings into account.
The position envisions plans, manages and conducts research and analytical projects that address the Strategic Marketing & Research Department’s needs. This manager will split domestic titles with the department’s other manager and will be expected to be an expert on all research conducted on their assigned titles, from strategic positioning studies, to test screenings, to qualitative focus groups, to quantitative ad testing. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Runs point on entire screening process, working closely with production department and the team’s research analyst to select/reserve proper theater location, determine proper audience recruitment specs, create questionnaire, and assemble guest list.
- Ensures report distribution is carried out efficiently and in line with production’s specifications.
- Attends research screenings, thoroughly analyzes focus group and comment cards, and is able to comfortably write up and speak to results.
- Assists in the creation of key strategy documents that incorporate findings from all existing research conducted on a given title. Works closely with the head of domestic research, digital team, and the international research team (on global titles) to create a comprehensive document that identifies each title’s core audience and guides broad marketing strategy.
- Responsible for communicating key research objectives to our vendors for both quantitative and qualitative projects. Oversees questionnaire design, recruit memos (for focus groups), reviews reports, analyzes results, and distributes reports to the wider marketing team.
- Establish effective relationships with production and external vendors to ensure the successful execution of fieldwork
- Select appropriate research methodology and supporting techniques to meet a defined research objective