The Manager of Development will create exciting and buzzworthy concepts in the unscripted space, help identify and cast compelling characters, manage the creation of creative materials, and work with the head of development to bring projects to market. This position will involve:
– Create and conceptualize formats and character driven series, for both cable and SVOD networks.
– Spot trends; read between the lines of network needs; and be hungry to create the next breakout hit.
– Maintain existing relationships with peers across the industry, including other producers, agents, and network execs. Always be looking to forge new relationships.
– Deep dive research into unique worlds, subcultures, and historical topics. Write treatments and paper pitch materials.
– Work with head of development to create sizzles and presentation tapes, from pre-production through post.
– Play an active role in pitching, and following up on projects.
– Oversee the organization of internal development documents (eg. dev slate, pitch grid).
– At least 3-5 years of experience in unscripted TV development.
– Strong leadership skills, with the ability to work calmly under pressure with other departments, in a small-team environment.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to share your ideas in a concise and impactful way.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
– Must have legal right to work in United States.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org