The Manager, National Accounts is an integral part of Ad Council’s Media Outreach team and will be primarily responsible for building and managing relationships with existing & potential media partners that will help us drive impact for Ad Council’s 40+ social impact campaigns.
The Ad Council Media Team is responsible for conducting outreach to more than 200 U.S. media companies, across all platforms, and securing over $1B in donated media support annually. We ideate, evaluate and develop custom, large scale social good partnerships with media companies to ensure our campaigns are seen by the intended audiences. These targeted partnerships allow us to drive the most impact in raising awareness on the nation’s most pressing causes. Partnerships are an essential part of Ad Council’s evolving media model, because in addition to donated media, partnerships generate reach through earned, shared, and owned media.
We utilize best-in-class traditional and digital strategies, platforms, partners, technologies and tactics to drive maximize audience reach, targeting, creative solutions and impact for our campaigns. The media department identifies, develops and supports initiatives that evolve the Ad Council business model to adapt to the changing media environment, ensure sustainable growth for the future, and foster a culture of innovation.
The Manager, National Accounts will assist the VP, Media in prospecting new business with a focus on growth areas such as streaming audio, OTT and new video platforms discovering new, innovative ways to get our messages to the public. They are a subject matter expert in digital, mobile, and social media platforms and have a passion for social good. They have a track record of successfully building digital and/or new media partnerships and ability to work well cross functionally.
Candidates must be a self-starter and have strong consultative sales capabilities, a solid understanding of the evolving media landscape, a collaborative and innovative spirit, and must be comfortable working within a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage day-to-day responsibilities on an assigned list of national media accounts including executing on quarterly media plans, development of large scale social good partnerships and reporting/optimizing to show impact on our programs.
· Lead in identification, evaluation and development of emerging media platform partnerships that will benefit the Ad Council and drive our mission forward.
· Set up meetings and establish relationships with key executives at media companies with the goal of securing donated media, building strategic partnerships and developing public facing case studies. Maintain ongoing communication with senior level contacts at each company.
· Work with Media Strategy team to identify campaigns that align with media properties based on their specific platform, content, target, or CSR initiatives.
· Monitor and track donated media and request self-reporting from media partners
· Collaborate across Ad Council departments, including Campaign Development, Research, Financial Development, Marketing and Communications, etc. to maximize opportunities for robust, collaborative partnerships and engagement.
· Attend digital/mobile/social/tech conferences and prospect new business for the Ad Council; minimal travel required
· Work with Digital Media department to traffic and deliver digital creative assets; this could include creating tags, requesting asset resizes, and getting approvals from sponsors and media partners.
· Support media outreach efforts and partnership reporting compliance for Salesforce. Database management as needed in Google Docs and Excel
· Participate in team brainstorm/ideation sessions